A Jubilee Tribute to the Queen by Prince Charles

InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching?

I think it's lovely. The old footage of them as kids in particular. They're just normal people living very abnormal lives.

I sense at the same time they're also trying to show us who Prince Charles really is. He seems very mellow now. I always felt he was very up tight but perhaps he is a lot happier in life now and feels more able to show himself.

They are perhaps also preparing for the day none of them wants to arrive.

Good programme.

Comments

• domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    It's so touching, it's simply wonderful.

I don't care what anyone says I love Charles.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a very fascinating programme.

I normally watch the tv by being on here as well but I'm constantly watching this...........except for typing this of course.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    "It's amazing how many countries she has managed to visit in 60 years"

Yeah! So difficult with everyone else arranging them and us paying for them!
    Why is it always made out how bloody difficult things are for her when in fact everything is done for her and she doesn't need to worry where the money is coming from?

Give me the same money and I've visit all the countries she did in 2 years or less!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it'a a really fascinating program and you can just see how much Charles loves his mum
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think its wonderful to watch and see from the home movies how 'normal' the Queen actually is and is totally different to alot of people myself included would have thought.....if that makes sense

It must be wonderful for Charles to go back a look at all these on clips photos and home movies :)
    Forum Member
    I also love the way he calls it cine film - Most people didn't have full 16mm film cameras. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I also think this programme is lovely. So very personal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying this. :D
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting a sort of interview and montage, but it's turned out much better. Nice to just have his commentary on their "home movies".

Wonderful stuff. (Especially Sir Winston guarding against the Loch Ness Monster :D)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video footage is quite lovely, loved the video of Charles driving his little model car and his sister standing on the side of the car.:D

The Queen's Coronation dress was beautiful and all sparkly.:D
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise anyone else was watching. Amazed at how all those diamonds sparkled - it was like a light show!
    Forum Member
    I'm loving it, it brings back so many wonderful memories of my own childhood.

I think in some ways we have lost so much with all the rapid advancements of recent times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and forgot to mention the bit where a man fell off a sledge, was it Phillip?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I was expecting a sort of interview and montage, but it's turned out much better. Nice to just have his commentary on their "home movies".

Wonderful stuff. (Especially Sir Winston guarding against the Loch Ness Monster :D)

I enjoyed that too. It just feels like you're sitting in your front room with him watching these. I'm just smiling at how happy they look.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    and forgot to mention the bit where a man fell off a sledge, was it Phillip?:confused:

Yep it was.
    Forum Member
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Think its wonderful to watch and see from the home movies how 'normal' the Queen actually is and is totally different to alot of people myself included would have thought.....if that makes sense

It must be wonderful for Charles to go back a look at all these on clips photos and home movies :)

"Normal" She is just a woman born into a privileged position not a Zylon from outer space.

Never ceases to amaze me different some think to a supernatural level Lizzy Windsor is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charles is coming across really well , He is starting to become one of my favorite Royals
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Charles is coming across really well , He is starting to become one of my favorite Royals

He's always been one of mine, he hasn't deserved the bad press he has had to endure imo.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed this too. Been fascinating.

Getting a good reception (on the whole) on twitter too which is good. Although I have noticed a couple people, who I HOPE are joking that have said they thought Charles was married to the Queen... I sooo hope they are joking.
    Forum Member
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    "Normal" She is just a woman born into a privileged position not a Zylon from outer space.

Never ceases to amaze me different some think to a supernatural level Lizzy Windsor is.

Why are you watching?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep it was.
    was quite funny.:D
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I have enjoyed this too. Been fascinating.

Getting a good reception (on the whole) on twitter too which is good. Although I have noticed a couple people, who I HOPE are joking that have said they thought Charles was married to the Queen... I sooo hope they are joking.

Nothing would surprise me these days. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will anyone be switching over to itv afterwards to watch Elizabeth Queen , wife , mother
    Forum Member
    Yes Charlie they are called Rolleiflex cameras - They are of course the top of the range most expensive camera you can get. Many of your mother's subjects couldn't afford them.

Not that that every crosses the Royals minds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    He's always been one of mine, he hasn't deserved the bad press he has had to endure imo.

Yes the press has been particular hard on him which was not fair , I do hope he gets his chance to be our King one day :)