What's it like being in the audience on Dancing on Ice

Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's it like being in the audience on dancing on ice - the main series, (rather than the tour).

What time does the show (ie warm-ups etc) start, what do people do in breaks/intervals, is there a bar/food etc?

Are you allowed to take your mobile in ( I think they're banned on Strictly)

Is it really noisy (and are you made to clap??)

Any info most welcome!

Comments

• nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is lots of information on this thread :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1778365
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cold?
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Cold?

It's not that cold and you get made to take your coat off and it must go on the floor under your seat so no point taking a posh one!
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Poppy wrote: »
    What's it like being in the audience on dancing on ice - the main series, (rather than the tour).

What time does the show (ie warm-ups etc) start, what do people do in breaks/intervals, is there a bar/food etc?

Are you allowed to take your mobile in ( I think they're banned on Strictly)

Is it really noisy (and are you made to clap??)

Any info most welcome!

You have to queue for hrs to get in, no toilets until the portaloos arrive late on, then you get into a community centre where you can buy hot drinks, strictly no food/drink allowed in studio (you get searched so dont try to hide anything) although there's usually a bottle of water provided when you get in.
    No bar unless you're with the cast
    Phones are allowed but must be switched off before entering the studio, anyone caught using phone gets a warning caught twice and you'll either get chucked out or phone confiscated
    You do get told to clap/shout etc
    You don't do much during add breaks, warm up guy comes on for a bit before show plus any little VT clips get filmed.
    Half time you can leave your seat to use the loo, try not to as queue massive and you might miss getting a donut
    You do get ushered about by the staff and have to do exactly as they tell you!
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the same for Strictly. I was offered free tickets to the Wembley event but was warned there were restrictions on what you could do and you had to be there and seated very early, so I declined them.

Reading Tracey's post above, I'm glad I did.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't sound like that great an experience.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it sounds just as horrific as I imagined.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like that great an experience.

If you get into the studio, it is a very enjoyable experience but that does require quite a long wait if you are to ensure you are near the front of the queue. If you don't like to queue, it's not for you :)
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    You have to queue for hrs to get in, no toilets until the portaloos arrive late on, then you get into a community centre where you can buy hot drinks, strictly no food/drink allowed in studio (you get searched so dont try to hide anything) although there's usually a bottle of water provided when you get in.
    No bar unless you're with the cast
    Phones are allowed but must be switched off before entering the studio, anyone caught using phone gets a warning caught twice and you'll either get chucked out or phone confiscated
    You do get told to clap/shout etc
    You don't do much during add breaks, warm up guy comes on for a bit before show plus any little VT clips get filmed.
    Half time you can leave your seat to use the loo, try not to as queue massive and you might miss getting a donut
    You do get ushered about by the staff and have to do exactly as they tell you!

That sounds awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Junnja wrote:
    Cold?
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    It's not that cold and you get made to take your coat off and it must go on the floor under your seat so no point taking a posh one!

Eh.....joke. :D:D:D
  • Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to be in the audience last week, and it was v much like how it is described in the linked thread above..

It's really interesting to see how the show is put together - stuff like the way the camera guys who do the overhead shots climb up a sort of rope ladder thing and then are up there for the whole show..

In the adverts, various skaters will come on and limber up.. sometimes doing bits of their routine, or just generally stretching, etc. Jayne and Chris are amazing in the sense that close up you can really see their musicality - they stand out, even among the much younger professionals.

It looks as though Gareth/Matt/Shayne/Luke have (or had, with Shayne's exit) a real matey vibe going on.. in the warm ups they were often skating together and larking around and they seem to get on well off-camera. Keith looked as if he was struggling with his injury and after a bit of a warm-up would sit down at the side.

In terms of the routines, they all look a lot more impressive in real life than on telly. Apart from Joe and Samia, who were clearly really struggling (especially Joe, Vicky had to haul him up at one point)

In the break they give you a doughnut - I queued up for mine with Linda Lusardi (who did a previous series of Dancing on Ice) - she was there with her husband and looked really good fun. When the warm-up guy was on, he found out she had some mini sausage rolls with her, took them from her and started distributing them among the audience.

After the break, everyone was really shocked about the Shayne/Matt skate off - it had been assumed it would be Joe/Samia. At the end when people were leaving Luke and Keith were at the edge of the rink chatting to family/friends and also to fans as well.

Was a really fab experience!!