Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    It's because I'm posting from an iPod which I'm using as an iPhone and they correct you with spellings. It would be different if I was doing it from a lappy as they don't challenge ya. I am starting to wonder with whether I am that suited to DS forums or not or with whether I would be better off on another site with people with learning disabilities such as myself. I was on another forum and it didn't work out for me. I don't want history to repeat itself on this. :cool:

Ok, I apologise. I didn't know. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    We saw the second show which was at the Birmingham NIA last month!! And yes it was while the snow was here but we had no problems getting there!! The show was AMAZING and I thought all of the dancers were just superb!! Particularly loved Dani & Pasha's Charleston/Quickstep fusion routine which was even better live and she really is a fantastic dancer!! No surprise who won at our matinee... Louis Smith!! His 'Dirty Dancing' routine went down very well with the audience although I'd have preferred someone else to have won!! (I voted for Lisa actually as she was a delight to watch and the chemistry between her and Robin really is unquestionable!! Fab!!)

KEEP DANCING EVERYONE!!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    Oh, and I'm going tomorrow night. I'll give you details of who won etc as soon as I can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Nottingham last night, really fabulous show, very entertaining. The judges were on brilliant form and Kate Thornton did a great job as host. Louis and Ola won the glitterball.
    Forum Member
    Just came out. Twas a great show, bar James mounting the woman in front of me and waving his arse in my face. Louis first, Dani second. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Strange, he did that last night as well.....:confused:

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that something isn't quite right somewhere! :o
    Forum Member
    ^^ Strange, he did that last night as well.....:confused:

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that something isn't quite right somewhere! :o

...ladies' man? :p
    Forum Member
    The show started with a Gold/Titanium medley slash mash-up slash fusion with lots of jumping, twirling etc. Then the judges came on blah blah. Lisa's Cha-Cha was first, going down well and scoring 26. Then was Michael, who spent a little too long with a guy with some lager on the front row. He scored 17. Dani scored 30 for her Tango, after a VT in which she dressed Pasha as Where's Wally (/Vincent, apparently) and an impromptu verse of Happy Birthday. Twice. Phil was next, scoring 17 for his AS. Fern polishing Len's nick nacks earned her 21. Afterwards, James asked the lady in front of me if he could mount her, and did so, scoring him + Denise a 30 for the Jive. Louis closed with a fusion that Len loathed...ish, earning 28.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well chuffed that Dani's got a few runners-up under her belt at least - didn't expect her to get even that! I'm guessing Michael will take Sheffield on both shows tomorrow and again the day after - and they'd better at least give his AS a 30 - and that'll be that.
    Forum Member
    Just before the interval came a nice little pro Paso/Tango/AT/Rumba/Samba fusion (somehow) to I Who Have Nothing by Shirley Bassey, and afterwards came a dance by the celebs and pros to... a song. (it had something about dancing in the lyrics, if that helps. :p). Lisa was first up with her Foxtrot, scoring either 27 or 28, during which Bruno was whipping Len in the face with a feather boa. Then was Michael & Natalie, whose AS really worked in the arena, and went down well, scoring 28. Dani scored another 30 for her Fusion, which looked pretty good with Pasha in (well, not that anything wouldn't. :p). Phil faired less well, shaking his bum around to Long Train Running, scoring a 2 off of Craig, a 10 off of Len and an offer from the latter to defecate on the former's head. It's a strange show. Anyway, next was Fern, whose dress was shinier and sparklier than Louis' shoes, dancing a Viennese Waltz, and not stripping Artem off like earlier. She scored 26-ish. Then was Denise Charleston, scoring 30, and Louis' Salsa, which actually works better with Ola (sowwy. :o), and scored another 30. Then was a dance to How Will I Know/The Boy Does Nothing, which was worth it just to see Michael Jive again, which was followed by the results. Louis won, and despite Lisa, Denise etc asking everyone to vote for Dani (except Fern, who went on about some dog), Dani came second. And Karen walked into me on the way out, quite literally.

Got a feeling that Michael can win a date or two in Sheffield, although Tuffers does some popular, especially with the lady who was sitting behind me (a little too much)...
    Forum Member
    It turns out that the mystery song is by Miley Cyrus. No wonder I didn't know it.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just back from Nottingham. Great night, fabulous entertainment.Very few empty seats. Len very generous with his tens, it seemed all that some had to do to get "a ten from Len" was set foot on the dance floor. Is it Dani's birthday every night? If its not then on this one-off date they tried to spoon feed her a win to such an extent that they might as well have given her the trophy even though Louis won. Shame really as she deserves a win somewhere. Not much seemingly is going to knock Louis of his perch as, on top of his undoubted popularity, his dances are just tailor made to please the audience.
    Only gripes are around the sound system, Kate just seems to mumble and any amount of audience noise seemed to make the speech seem distant. Glorious music though and even a kind of Alesha tribute with the next to last number.
    And then wandering through Nottingham centre afterwards to the car park-cant imagine there are many occasions when there are so many pensioners and children mingling with the already semi- inebriated friday night brigade.
    Forum Member
    Probably the best photos I managed to take: (they're very, very tight with the no-photo policy this year. A lot of people got away with snapping away due to being higher up, but as I was in the second row, I wasn't exactly hard to miss).

http://oi48.tinypic.com/w8vnlu.jpg
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/ejyng0.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks to StigOfTheKrump for the detailed report :) I went yesterday afternoon and I'm willing to bet most of the comments from judges were pretty much the same!:D

Thoroughly enjoyed the show...and aren't the judges nifty movers!!
    Louis and Ola won, with Dani and Pasha second, even tough some other couples tried to get Dani the glitterball by requesting any voted to go to her. :)
    Had a great time!
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only criticism of the show is that it's geared to the seats facing the stage, which alienates the majority of the audience.

However, the group dancing and the musicians were really good.

Overall, a very enjoyable show.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    My only criticism of the show is that it's geared to the seats facing the stage, which alienates the majority of the audience.

This is so true. For the first time I had seats opposite the stage and it makes a massive difference to the enjoyment of the dances.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Probably the best photos I managed to take: (they're very, very tight with the no-photo policy this year. A lot of people got away with snapping away due to being higher up, but as I was in the second row, I wasn't exactly hard to miss).

http://oi48.tinypic.com/w8vnlu.jpg
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/ejyng0.jpg

Thanks for your report Stig... Glad you enjoyed the show...I absolutely loved it... :)

Would it be alright if I took one of your pics upstairs?..:D
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for all your reports...Its nice to hear how different people enjoy different parts of the performances.... Almost ended now...eek eek.... It will be tough :p living without Strictly until September...lol... Have a lovely time everyone... :)
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We were very lucky in that we got seats facing towards the stage this year, and they definitely made for better watching than looking at the floor sideways on.

The judges were tiny dots at the other end of the floor, but the screens are there for that.
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks for your report Stig... Glad you enjoyed the show...I absolutely loved it... :)

Would it be alright if I took one of your pics upstairs?..:D

Go ahead. :)

My only criticism apart from the crack-down on the 'no photography' policy was the whopping great camera that blocked half of the judges' panel from view. :p

ETA: Oh, I've found these (http://oi46.tinypic.com/2ywwnc6.jpg and http://oi48.tinypic.com/284imp.jpg) which aren't as bad as I originally thought.
    Forum Member
    Go ahead. :)

My only criticism apart from the crack-down on the 'no photography' policy was the whopping great camera that blocked half of the judges' panel from view. :p

Thanks Stig.... :)

We were lucky in Newcastle...got lots of pics...:) ... not very techy..therefore didnt get any vids...plus cant multitask.. :p... Plus needed all my conentration to perve on a certain Russian... :p:D

ETA... the first addition is lovely but could have done without the second one...:eek::eek::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half way. Denise 30, Dani 29, Louis 28, Lisa 26, Fern 22, Michael & phil 18
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round 2- lisa 26, michael 28,dani 29, phil 16,