101 Dalmatians - Glenn Close was amazing as Cruella De Vil

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Re-watched 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians over Christmas and Glenn Close was absolutely perfect and brilliant for the role of Cruella. She made her a fashion icon :D

I wish there was another movie. I know '103 Dalmatians' would be a little predictable but maybe a movie just about her with a new plot. I wonder if Glenn Close would reprise the role?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the few films I watched and was pleased and wowed by a performance by Glenn Close. Despite her several oscar nominations and many awards over her career, I do not rate her that well as an actress, but these films, plus Damages do show what she can do.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the few films I watched and was pleased and wowed by a performance by Glenn Close. Despite her several oscar nominations and many awards over her career, I do not rate her that well as an actress, but these films, plus Damages do show what she can do.

You are crazy.
    Glenn Close is an acting legend. She steals every scene she appears in.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn Close is an amazing actress. I think she's underrated in a sense because she's of the "older" variety. But her performance in 101/102 D certainly prove her role as an actress.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 'agree' here. She was outstanding as Cruella, even in that lacklustre sequel.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Amazing performance
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    If ever they make a biopic of Hillary Clinton - only Glenn Close could play her
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I never saw the second one but I haven't seen the first one for ages!
    Forum Member
    "Woof Woof.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

"TAKE THE DRAWING FROM ANITA AND GIVE IT TO ME....IS THAT DIFFICULT!?" :D
    Forum Member
    TV Tropes made an interesting observation about Cruella De Vil here....
    •In the live action film of 101 Dalmatians, the evil fashion exec Cruella De Vil is dismissive of the idea that Anita, her employee, should leave her job in the event of marriage. This is meant to show De Vil as callous and cynical, but her observation is most likely correct: In her words, "More good working women have been lost to marriage than war, famine, disease, and disaster. You have talent, darling. Don't squander it."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Cruella gave brilliant advice :D

I want their to be another installment of Cruella...a trilogy!