Touch S2 US Pace

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Touch Season 2 starts tonight with 2 episodes.

I hope it does well other wise it will be cancelled.

I think this is a great series and love the way things work out.

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm? Not sure they are going in the right direction.

Yes I like a good main story arc, but an evil Corporation is a bit cliched.

And now they have a religious nutter (who just happens to appear Muslim) who is going after anyone who has the gift to see the numbers.

And the biggest mistake off all. They haven't learnt anything from the UK Survivors, and now we have a mother searching for her daughter who keeps shouting her name everywhere and rushing head long into situations. :eek:
    I hope she calms down or she will be just as annoying as Julie Graham.

I preferred the format of the first series with a series of coincidences coming to a nice conclusion, with the main arc secondary.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the first series seemed very slow, I had actually forgot all about it and didn't think it got get a second season, I'll give it another try though, it has the potential to be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Touch Season 2 starts tonight with 2 episodes.

I hope it does well other wise it will be cancelled.

I think this is a great series and love the way things work out.

It premiered to a lowly 1.0 rating and 3.77 million overall viewers, in the Adults 18-49 rating that's even worse than Fringe did in the same timeslot. Fox will likely air all 13 episodes though (just like they did with The Mob Doctor despite its atrocious ratings), but there's no way they'll renew it for another season with those numbers.

On the plus side, hopefully that will free Keifer up to do the 24 movie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It premiered to a lowly 1.0 rating and 3.77 million overall viewers, in the Adults 18-49 rating that's even worse than Fringe did in the same timeslot. Fox will likely air all 13 episodes though (just like they did with The Mob Doctor despite its atrocious ratings), but there's no way they'll renew it for another season with those numbers.

On the plus side, hopefully that will free Keifer up to do the 24 movie.

Ah, that's a shame, but sort of expected.

Hopefully it will give the writers a chance to wrap the story up properly. (have they filmed all 13 already?)

They need to kill off the religious nutter pretty quick.
  • YesYes Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Does it get better? The first season was absolutely horrendous. Monster of the week is very outdated.

It's a shame because the pilot had potential.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is it back on Sky?
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Yes wrote: »
    Does it get better? The first season was absolutely horrendous. Monster of the week is very outdated.

Personally I loved the first season, this second season seems a bit faster paced, although we are only two episodes in obviously. It seems to have changed tac this year is is going for 3 storylines running side by side which will undoubtedly converge at some point towards the end of the season, the two main storylines are running close to each other and the other with the guy going after the 36 seems quite distant at the moment but will obviously have a major part to play at the end of the season.

I hope the viewing numbers pick up as I would like this to get a 3rd season to wrap it up. The blonde woman annoys me constantly going on about Amelia as if Martin doesn't have any issues of his own. The kid, soleil, they introduced really needs something for her hyperactiveness or one hell of a lot less sugar in 6 coffees at breakfast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really want to like this show, but they are making it difficult.

The mum is soooooo annoying. "Don't go to the Police", says Martin, so what does she do? Yep, go to the Police.

The religious nutter is just annoying too, seems to be there for a plot point, rather than a point.

And there are no secondary stories that tie up at the end. This is one show that needed the 'Coincidence of the week' type story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on!!!

So Jake and Amelia almost met up but oh no, the kidnappers arrive just as they are about to meet. :rolleyes:

What was the point of that?

Also the religious nutter kills a priest who he has confessed to. Move the story on FGS.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on!!!

So Jake and Amelia almost met up but oh no, the kidnappers arrive just as they are about to meet. :rolleyes:

Not to be all nitpicky but wasn't it more a case of Jake and Amelia travel to a meeting place, but rather than going all the way to the place, no THAT would be too easy, they just STOP ~200m apart and wait.... and wait.... and wait some more... then wait a bit longer, so giving the evil kidnappers time to arrive and snatch girl and flee. :sheesh:

( kinda like, but not really, how in cop shows, when the goodies see a baddie across the street, rather than calmly crossing the road and waiting until they're within arms reach before announcing their prescence, well instead of doing that they yell "oi you, I'm the police, stop" from about 1/2 a mile away, so giving baddie time to scarper and thus instigate a gripping but needless footchase. )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Not to be all nitpicky but wasn't it more a case of Jake and Amelia travel to a meeting place, but rather than going all the way to the place, no THAT would be too easy, they just STOP ~200m apart and wait.... and wait.... and wait some more... then wait a bit longer, so giving the evil kidnappers time to arrive and snatch girl and flee. :sheesh:

( kinda like, but not really, how in cop shows, when the goodies see a baddie across the street, rather than calmly crossing the road and waiting until they're within arms reach before announcing their prescence, well instead of doing that they yell "oi you, I'm the police, stop" from about 1/2 a mile away, so giving baddie time to scarper and thus instigate a gripping but needless footchase. )

Yes, I didn't really want to say that's what actually happened as it just seemed so bad I couldn't believe they did it.

In the dream they actually meet, but for some reason they just stand miles apart.

And the bit in brackets annoys me too.

My only hope is that by almost meeting they set events in motion that would change things if they had met. Such as the religious nutter not being able to kill them now.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I didn't really want to say that's what actually happened as it just seemed so bad I couldn't believe they did it.

In the dream they actually meet, but for some reason they just stand miles apart.

iiuc this is the first time that Jake has been tweaking things (~dominos) to make something happen and that thing hasn't then happened. Will be interesting to see how this affects him - though didn't we get a slight glimpse, with him holding his dad's hand at the end.
    And the bit in brackets annoys me too.
    I'm looking at you Hawaii 5.0 :mad:
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good thing the show has picked up the pace, but I miss the the "coincidence of the week" a bit.
    Like koantemplation wrote, I'm constantly hearing Peeeeeeeeeter in the background. Geez, she is so annoying. And what the frack did she do at the very end?
    She's psychotic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    It's a good thing the show has picked up the pace, but I miss the the "coincidence of the week" a bit.
    Like koantemplation wrote, I'm constantly hearing Peeeeeeeeeter in the background. Geez, she is so annoying. And what the frack did she do at the very end?
    She's psychotic.

Yes I wish they would replace the 'Religious nutter' bits with 'coincidence of the week' bits.

She makes wot's her name from 'Survivors' look tame in comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :( They are just going through the motions again.

What is the point of the religious nutter except to add conflict for conflict's sake?

And FGS when shooting someone aim for their head. :rolleyes:
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( They are just going through the motions again.

What is the point of the religious nutter except to add conflict for conflict's sake?

And FGS when shooting someone aim for their head. :rolleyes:

People aim for the chest because it's a bigger target so it's easier to hit. Although an attempt at a headshot would have been nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    People aim for the chest because it's a bigger target so it's easier to hit. Although an attempt at a headshot would have been nice.

Yes I know, I've seen Police shows, :)

But he was close enough to get a head shot, especially the amount of shots Martin fired into him.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I know, I've seen Police shows, :)

But he was close enough to get a head shot, especially the amount of shots Martin fired into him.

True! Martin was pretty good at shooting when he shot the target with Calvin so a headshot should have been easy enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the religious nutter is dead.

Still not sure where this series is going. So far the numbers do not seem to be of much help in solving the world's problems.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes wrote: »

No, it gets worse. I'm amazed they even gave it a second season. If anyone other than Keifer Sutherland was the main lead they wouldn't have.