The X Factor VS Series 1: UK Series 9 vs US Season 2 (Live Show 9)

jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last week on The X Factor: UK vs US Series 1...

“Union J have been eliminated!”

But there was a shocking revelation...

“Connor has been asking people to vote for his acts personally”

“As a result, Connor has stepped down from the panel and his acts, Paige, Adam and Jahméne, have been eliminated”

We brought back the last three acts to be eliminated to replace the Boys & Young Adults...

Union J!
Carolynne Poole!
And Diamond White!

Who join Melanie Masson in the fight for a place in the Final of The X Factor: UK vs US Series 1

Kuda, David, Naruto and Steve, are you all here and ready for the Semi-Final?

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here and I feel do happy that my boys have been given a second chance, tonight, they are going to pull out all the stops for a place in that Final! :D
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    I'm here

Just to clarfy - the last two songs for my acts were incorrectly put on the running order

Joss is for Melanie

Fleetwood for Carolynne

Thats what was sent to Jack, but when sent out it went wrong - just be aware when making comments :)
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first of our two themes tonight is the Les Misérables Duel. The four acts will perform one of two songs, showing off different dimensions to them. The two songs being performed are “I Dreamed A Dream” and “On My Own”.

Performing first with “I Dreamed A Dream”, it’s the only original Semi-Final act remaining, Melanie Masson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft45uwWnC4U
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie
    Melanie, you have always delivered in terms of power but it is nice to see you do something a bit different as you have shown to sing great power songs before. Your vocals tonight were great but at times it was a bit dull, but that was due to the song theme so a good start tonight Melanie.
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson
    I'm going to be honest, I really disliked this theme; I haven't seen Les Mis and nothing compels me to it either, so I struggled for both acts to find a good song choice. I can see by the fact that the same songs were picked twice over that the theme wasn't broad enough for the acts. Melanie A fantastic start to the show, I'm not going to lie, it wasn't your best performance, but considering the theme you did your best and gave that song a Masson twist. Your vocals were brilliant and the tone in your voice was amazing to. You're the only act remaining now not to have been eliminated at some point; I hope people continue to support you and get you into the final tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie, I'm so happy that you've made it this far as you have been consistent throughout the Series. Now theatrical music may be the complete opposite to what you normally do, but I have to tell you...that was great! You showed a different side of your emotion and I was close to being blown away. I cannot wait for your second song, for now though, a brilliant start to the show, well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great response for Melanie. And David, you HAVE to go and see Les Mis, it is amazing! I didn't think I'd like it at all and I've ended up LOVING it :D

Also performing their rendition of “I Dreamed A Dream”, it’s the boys who were eliminated last week but have come back fighting – Union J!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz0fx7n0RWU
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note: Members not singing will harmonise

JJ
    I dreamed a dream in time gone by
    When hope was high and life worth living

George
    I dreamed that love would never die
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Jaymi
    Then I was young and unafraid
    And dreams were made and used and wasted

Josh
    There was no ransom to be paid
    No song unsung, no wine untasted

JJ
    But the tigers came at night
    With their voices soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And they turn your dream to shame

George
    She slept a summer by my side
    She filled my days with endless wonder
    She took my childhood in his stride
    But she was gone when autumn came

Jaymi
    And still I dream she'll come with me
    That we will live the years together
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are storms we cannot weather

Josh
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now from what it seemed

All
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union J
    The song choice was difficult for you guys, i have to say. The vocals were great at times, but it was quite dull. But that was due to the theme so i will not hold it against you. It was a solid performance guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right guys, going to stop just bashing the theme and be constructive to the acts please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys...what a week it's been for us. We had the sadness of saying goodbye and then we had the issue and it was resolved. I tell you, that incident did not affect your confidence one bit and you came out and you sang that song with your style whilst keeping the musical spirit within the song. I know that this theme doesn't really describe what you four really are, but it was something completely different to what we've done and I know that for your second performance, we are going to pull it out of the bag!
    Forum Member
    Union J
    Guys, Welcome Back to the competition! That was a nice performance from you four, obviously its not the type of music you will be releasing into, however the vocals and the power in your four voices was superb. I hope to see you sing something which is much more you with your second performance; but it was a good, competant first performance from you. Well Done + Good Luck
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good comeback for Union J so far! Let's hope they keep it up with their next performance.

Moving onto the second duel, we start with a girl who seemed unlikely to ever make it to the Semi-Final, but she’s back tonight! Please welcome Diamond White with “On My Own”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imUh4lCGosg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond
    I am so glad that you had the chance to return to the competition. In this performance, the vocals were great and you delivered emotionally. I thought you did a great job tonight with what we could find. I really hope you make the final, so please vote Diamond highly, if you want her to make the final.
    Forum Member
    Diamond White
    Diamond, long time no see in the competition - welcome back. As with every act tonight, that song was obviously not within your comfort zone and not something you would release into. It was a good performance, at times your voice sounded slightly shakey. However it's good to have you back in the competition and the second performance should give you the opportunity to bring it and show us why you need to be in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond, welcome back into the competition. That was quite an impressive comeback. This song is very difficult to do, but form what I heard, you took the song and you made it your own whilst keeping the standard of theater music. I remember saying to you a few weeks ago that you were becoming a surprise and tonight, you could be a contender now. Roll on your second performance, Diamond. Well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A positive welcome back to Diamond tonight, let's see if she has the same response to her second song later tonight!

Our final Les Misérables Duel performance goes to the lady who was eliminated in a shocking Final Showdown between herself and Melanie, it’s Carolynne Poole back with “On My Own”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWx2Qbzasbk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolynne, welcome back into the competition. I believe that it was a shock departure for you and that you should've got here originally. Now with that said, this was completely out of your comfort zone which may have been a huge challenge to come back with. But you shouldn't be that worried as you handled the song really well and your voice actually was very strong with the song choice. I can't wait for your second song. Well done, Carolynne.
    Forum Member
    Carolynne Poole
    Carolynne - Welcome Back to the Competition! Your exit was certainly a shock, especially after both the overs were in the bottom 2 after having a relatively good night. However You're back and you have an amazing performance tonight. Your voice, the tone and the whole performance was simply amazing. Again its not a style of music that I think you really suit and in the real world wouldn't release a song in such a theatrical style - but you killed it tonight and I hope people support you into the final round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolynne - I thought that performance was great Carolynne. I don't think the song choice fitted you exactly to hpw much i would have liked but the vocals were there and let's see how the second performance goes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great comments for Carolynne there, and great to have her back too!

Now onto the second theme of the night – Get Me To The Final. Acts will perform one song which they think is good enough to take them all the way to the Final next week.

Performing first, it’s the first of the Overs it’s Melanie Masson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGKoTGm_29A
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie
    I thinm you delivered with that performance. The vocals were there and you shone. It was a good song choice in my opinion and i think you have had a great night tonight Melanie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie, if there was one performance that will get you into the final...this was it! That was a terrific song choice by you and your mentor. The song had the rock spirit which you are fa-bu-lous at, but it had a touch of Jazz and soul and that also makes you an incredibly versatile artist. This was a great night for you and I think you have done more than enough to make the Final, well done tonight.
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson

*Standing Ovation*

Yes Melanie! I wanted to give you a song which you could show your softer side and build into something to show your power and sheer depth to your voice. It was a fantastic rendition of that song and one that you could completely put you're stamp on. It was heartfelt and tragic and you completely nailed the emotion of the piece. You MUST be in the final after that, you have been one of the most consistently high performers within the competition and bring it show after show. You're amazing to mentor and you must make the final.