Troubles with TV and DV Recorder

I'm having problems with my Panasonic TV TX-32LXD60 and DV Recorder DMR-EX75EB

They are connected using Scart and HDMI and have worked well that way for some time.

I have had occasion to move them and after reconnection I am not happy with the results. Currently I have HDMI connected from HDMI 1 to HDMI and Scart from AV1 to AV1

Sometimes they quickly connect and on other occasions switch through various screens before connecting to the appropriate screen. Once or twice the odd recording has either stopped part-way through the programmed time, or has just got lost.

I read a lot about the need for only Scart or HDMI, but not both, but when I disconnect the HDMI cable, nothing seems to happen, but removing the Scart prevents any information from the recorder appearing.

I cannot understand the setup requirements of the TV which asks for the AV channel AV1 is connected to, but does not show AV1, and AV2 which does show AV1. I have them both set to MONITOR and get reasonable recordings now, but this is guesswork.

Did I upset the settings when I did the move? And can I control everything using just HDMI - and if so, how ?

I am confused and would welcome help and/or explanation.

RonLuxton

Comments

• iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scart is redundant in your setup and has never been needed . Put your TV on hdmi1 via the AV button on the tv's remote , next go to the function menu and navigate to connections and set the recorders output resolution to 1080 and notice how fine everything becomes and just sit back and enjoy !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the outcome of this ?
    Resolved ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Iangrad

Thanks for your interest and advice. Unfortunately I have not had much success, but here is what I tried:

I removed the Scart plug, and restarted both the tv and the recorder.

"Put your TV on HDMI1 via the AV button on the tv's remote"

How do you do that ? When I pressed the AV button, four coloured bars showed at the foot of an empty screen and the letters AV1 at the top left. No picture at all.

Pressing any of the coloured keys on the remote just turned that bar off.

I had to reconnect the Scart to see anything, and when I went into Functions/Setup/Connection on the recorder I had
    TV Aspect (16:9),
    Progressive (On),
    TV System (PAL) etc etc and
    Connect with HDMI/QLink (HADMI/QLINK).

I could see nothing about the recorder's output resolution.

Could we be talking about different models of tv and recorder ?

I have a feeling that I am missing something simple here, but as I'm sure you will have guessed - my understanding and experience with these things is very limited !

What am I doing wrong ?

RonLuxton
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you see the colours at the bottom of the screen , you use these to select hdmi 1 -- from distant memory its the blue that selects the hdmi

Then set up your recorder as my previous post , scart not needed .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Got it at last !

Everything seems to be working OK now without the Scart cable.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

RonLuxton