Woman gamers

LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am a woman....

....I have never played with a woman regularly or had a woman on my friends list. Are they out there? One of my mates has a mass of women friends. I'd love to play and chat with women but they don't ever want to be my friends. What are your experiences ?

Comments

• DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i am male and i have only ever once come across a woman gamer. It was on Phantasy Star Universe and it was exactly like playing alongside a male gamer............voice wasn't as deep though :p
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few but none identified themselves as female till I had known them a while. They and I both agree that any gamer who makes a point of mentioning they are female should be avoided at all costs.

Just game and talk to like minded people in the games you enjoy, doesnt matter what gender they are.

But if you really want to "gather" gamers as friends, Raptr is one site thats a gaming focus social network, and it can link accounts from xbox, ps3, steam and so on.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    The two games I play most online are FIFA and COD. I've only come across 1 or 2 female gamers on FIFA but there seem to be quite a few on COD. I suspect many choose not to broadcast their gender though, as the moment it becomes apparent that there's a female in the lobby, half the men go crazy either with sexist comments or attempts to court her.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As one myself: yes, we're out there :). Maybe not as many as I'd like, but we exist. I know what you mean, though, it's difficult to find even men I can discuss the games I like with, never mind women :(
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The two games I play most online are FIFA and COD. I've only come across 1 or 2 female gamers on FIFA but there seem to be quite a few on COD. I suspect many choose not to broadcast their gender though, as the moment it becomes apparent that there's a female in the lobby, half the men go crazy either with sexist comments or attempts to court her.

Thanks I have signed up
    And yes I agree jen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my Steam friends are male (I'm a PC gamer), although one friend's 13-year-old daughter uses his account on occasion. Other than that, I've come across two female gamers in my lifetime in real life.

(I also find some men don't take me seriously as a gamer at first because of my gender...then they see my Steam account, and then everything changes!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must sound like a Munster cos no one thinks that way bout me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must sound like a Munster cos no one thinks that way bout me

It's probably because I don't really like COD/Halo etc., I'm more of a niche PC gamer: Deus Ex, X-COM etc.!
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a woman....

....I have never played with a woman regularly or had a woman What are your experiences ?

Are you talking about gaming here??:D

Sorry only joking, as you know most of my friends I game with are female, but most of them are on ps3 but I have asked for you if their forum/clan has an xbox section:)
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think twice before sending a friend request on xbox to a female gamer in case they think i'm trying some sort of clumsy, creepy come on!!
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a couple of women on my friends list but I know them away from Xbox Live. I see loads of girls playing COD and a few playing L4D.

I got a gaming username that doesn't give a clue to my gender nor do I use a mic, could be quite a few females doing the same.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the best clan mates I've had have been females, People presumed they were male as they didn't talk much and kicked their asses regularly.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one i know is my gf. She's what you'd call a part timer. But if a game is out that she likes, i can't get near the console.

I agree with the person a few posts above, i don't know any blokes to talk gaming with either.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a female gamer but don't play much on Xbox live these days... it's all about Steam now.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm one too! my psn is plumino if you wanted a fellow female :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    I'm a female gamer but don't play much on Xbox live these days... it's all about Steam now.

If I could like a post on DS, this one would definitely qualify...:D
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I know a few that play world of warcraft. That game is not for me though.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I've actually seen and spoke to more female gamers on PC (Steam, etc) than I have on the consoles, I've seen a few on PSN and I can't recall seeing any on Xbox Live, but I mainly stick to single player stuff these days myself, so I don't have to bother with either Male or Female!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I've actually seen and spoke to more female gamers on PC (Steam, etc) than I have on the consoles, I've seen a few on PSN and I can't recall seeing any on Xbox Live, but I mainly stick to single player stuff these days myself, so I don't have to bother with either Male or Female!

Used to be a PC gamer but switched over when the gaming pcs got too expensive. I do think lady gamer prefer PC games, I do. I have a mate tha hasa lot of female gAmers but thinks I'm crass and won't introduce me
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a female gamer, but I'm not much of an online chatter, apart from on here. I'm very much a single player gamer so I don't really interact with anyone. I just wish people I knew in person were more interested in gaimg because I don't have many folk to talk to about it apart from my brother, boyfriend and folks on here.

I have recently started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic but only as a co-op as I'm not sure I'm ready or want to play more of the MMO aspects to it. So I don't talk to anyone on there either.

I guess I'm just anti-social :p
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a female gamer, but I'm not much of an online chatter, apart from on here. I'm very much a single player gamer so I don't really interact with anyone. I just wish people I knew in person were more interested in gaimg because I don't have many folk to talk to about it apart from my brother, boyfriend and folks on here.

I have recently started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic but only as a co-op as I'm not sure I'm ready or want to play more of the MMO aspects to it. So I don't talk to anyone on there either.

I guess I'm just anti-social :p

I'm the same. I'm quiet when i'm gaming. If i talk, i can't concentrate. :o

Are you named after the awesome song by Heart? :)
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I'm the same. I'm quiet when i'm gaming. If i talk, i can't concentrate. :o

Are you named after the awesome song by Heart? :)

Yeah I get what you mean, it would take forever to finish anything with all the distractions :p

Yes I am! You are the first person to ask me that. Makes me a little sad in a way :p
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My girlfriend is the most hardcore gamer I know. She eats sleeps and breathes video games and she's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days. She doesn't reveal her gender though, too many idiots online who treat women like they are a different species or something. OMG A GIRL WTF GET OUT OF OUR THING or a/s/l plz? Lol if they only knew they were getting wrecked on Dark Souls/CoD/Battlefield/Fifa by a pregnant woman.....
  • DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My housemate is a female gamer, has her own Xbox 360 and plays Call of Duty. They do exist!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't consider anyone who has a xbox 360 to be a 'gamer'. It's as good as playing a game on Android or iOS.