Emmy Predictions

LMLM Posts: 63,318
Forum Member
✭✭
The next big award show for television is the emmys. I know the deadline date for submissions was before or just after June

Are there any particular shows or actors you reckon could or you would love to see recognised at this year's emmys?

I would love the following to be nominated. These actors performances have personally really stuck out for me over the last several months.

Vera Famiga - Bates Motel
Sienna Miller - The Girl
Michelle Dockery and Maggie Smith -
John Noble - Fringe -
Emily Vancamp - Revenge
Lena Dunham - Girls
Laura Dern - Enlightened
Kat Dennings and Jennifer Coolidge - 2 Broke Girls
Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe and Jessica Lange - American Horror Story

Comments

• guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for a least nominations for Rebecca Hall, Benedict Cumberbatch and Parade's End. It would also be nice to see Happy Endings recognized to hopefully boost it's chances of being picked up elsewhere. Also Sutton Foster in Bunheads, she got a Critics Choice nomination, which would give ABC Family the kick up the arse it needs to renew it.

Amy Poehler should finally win Best Comedy Actress, and a nomination for Adam Scott and the actual show would be nice too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see The Americans, Hannibal and Homeland clean up. Comedywise I'd like Lena Dunham or Zooey Deschannel, but I can't see either winning.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see The Americans, Hannibal and Homeland clean up. Comedywise I'd like Lena Dunham or Zooey Deschannel, but I can't see either winning.

I wouldn't expect Homeland to clean up as much as it did for S1. This could be The Americans year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's time Sons of Anarchy got some well earned credit- although I'm sure due to Kurt Sutter's past behaviour will prevent that.
    I also agree that Amy Poehler and Parks and Rec (in general) need some recognition.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add another vote for Amy Poehler and 'Parks & Rec'. It's an absolute joke that Nick Offerman has never been acknowledged as Ron Swanson is easily one of the greatest comedy creations ever!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect Homeland to clean up as much as it did for S1. This could be The Americans year.

Yes, that was stuff I liked not necessarily stuff I wanted to win. I like The Americans but it didn't have the shock buzz (it wasn't a major surprise like Homeland was, and unlike Homeland it fizzled off towards the end of the season), so it might not win a lot. With Breaking Bad ending soon, we might see a stronger performance from that camp than last year.

Comedy-wise Lena Dunham might win, but that's purely because that's not a strong category. Julie Louis-Dreyfus from Veep might get it again, but her performance is perhaps more down to the writing than her. Tina Fey might sneak in with some added recognition for the now deceased 30 Rock, but I doubt it. Everyone else isn't really that notable (though I do love Zooey Deschannel)...
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I've forgot his name but the bloke who played the baddie in season 3 of Boardwalk Empire could get a nom as he was wonderful in his role
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next big award show for television is the emmys. I know the deadline date for submissions was before or just after June

Are there any particular shows or actors you reckon could or you would love to see recognised at this year's emmys?

I would love the following to be nominated. These actors performances have personally really stuck out for me over the last several months.

Vera Famiga - Bates Motel
    Sienna Miller - The Girl
    Michelle Dockery and Maggie Smith -
    John Noble - Fringe -
    Emily Vancamp - Revenge
    Lena Dunham - Girls
    Laura Dern - Enlightened
    Kat Dennings and Jennifer Coolidge - 2 Broke Girls
    Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe and Jessica Lange - American Horror Story
    lol, no way.

More Breaking Bad wins hopefully.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Vera Farmiga in Bate's Motel & Diana Rigg in Game of Thrones are the two standout performances for me so far this year.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The 3rd Annual Critics Choice Awards took place last night. And the winners were...

Best Drama Series | Game of Thrones (HBO), Breaking Bad (AMC) TIE

Best Actor in a Drama Series | Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)

Best Actress in a Drama Series | Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series | Michael Cudlitz (Southland)

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series | Monica Potter (Parenthood)

Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series | Jane Fonda (The Newsroom)

Best Comedy Series | The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

Best Actor in a Comedy Series | Louis CK (Louie)

Best Actress in a Comedy Series | Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series | Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory)

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy | Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory), Eden Sher (The Middle) TIE

Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series | Patton Oswalt (Parks and Recreation)

Best Movie/Miniseries | Behind the Candelabra (HBO)

Best Actor in a Movie/Miniseries | Michael Douglas (Behind the Candelabra)

Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries | Elisabeth Moss (Top of the Lake)

Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries | Zachary Quinto (American Horror Story: Asylum)

Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Miniseries | Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story: Asylum)

Best Animated Series | Archer (FX)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, no way.

More Breaking Bad wins hopefully.

I thought Emily was great this year imo. Especially in the last few season 2 episodes.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also love The Following to be nominated :)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best drama series. -breaking bad or shameless usa
    Best actor in a drama series- bryan cranston- breaking bad
    Best actress in a drama series - emmy rossum