Free Walk-o-Meter from Walkers

Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought you guys might like to know that you can get a free walk-o-meter from walkers website

Walkers Website

The site may a bit slow - just saw an advert from it on ITV!

(sorry if your not ment to post these sorts of things on here but i thought people may like to know!)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    I waited about an hour before I could even get onto the order form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    We are sorry but due to unusually high demand

the server is very busy at the moment.

Please try again later to visit the Walkers web site or to order your free Walk-O-Meter
  • Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try this address, its the direct page to the order form

Walkers: Main Page
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walkers do not like people linking from other sites. It does actually say that they will not be sent out if you link to the site instead of going through the home page.

That said, I did link from another site a couple of weeks ago and got my free walkometer two days ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if you can get two by putting your house number as '31' then going through it again and putting a house name of 'Thirty One'?

Just a thought.
  • zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably as good as the McDonald's one, which to register a step you had to walk in a " Fee Fi Fo Fum " sort of way or be on a pogo stick ! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bossyboots wrote:
    Walkers do not like people linking from other sites. It does actually say that they will not be sent out if you link to the site instead of going through the home page.

That said, I did link from another site a couple of weeks ago and got my free walkometer two days ago.
    It doesn't matter - the link on here is to the main page - which in turn launches a pop up on a different domain. Hence no refer information is sent to the order for, and no cookies are passed on.
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I got my free walk-o-meter last Saturday, but it doesn't seem to work too well. I wore it all day on Monday and it recorded 22 steps!
    Maybe I just have a far too smooooth walking style for it to register!
    Does everyone elses work?? :confused:
  • BrianDeeBrianDee Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this "Walkers" as in "crisps" "jug eared linieker", oh yeah ! you can walk all day on a diet of low fat walkers crisps !

Low fat for the simple reason theres hardly any fecking crisps in the packet !
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Just got mine, and I seem to have the opposite effect from the other FMs - I took and counted 17 steps & the darn thing said 30.

Looks like I'll only need to take 5,000 steps a day then... ;)
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote:
    Just got mine, and I seem to have the opposite effect from the other FMs - I took and counted 17 steps & the darn thing said 30.

Looks like I'll only need to take 5,000 steps a day then... ;)
    I'd love to see your walking style Fizzbin :eek: :D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diablo wrote:
    I got my free walk-o-meter last Saturday, but it doesn't seem to work too well. I wore it all day on Monday and it recorded 22 steps!
    Maybe I just have a far too smooooth walking style for it to register!
    Does everyone elses work?? :confused:

22 steps :D I think you need to move off the sofa :p
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Taglet wrote:
    I'd love to see your walking style Fizzbin :eek: :D
    I'm much better at sitting down :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    i have done 2227 steps so far today... still not broken my record on Monday which was 2458!!!
  • Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boozer wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can get two by putting your house number as '31' then going through it again and putting a house name of 'Thirty One'?

Just a thought.
    Ive tried that, but "22" then tried again with "22a" will just have tro wait and see if i get one, two or none!