has anyone in the west london area had there speed doubled yet

any one in west london area had they speed double yet from what i belive the website says april till may but nothing as of yet can any one confirm the speed doubled

cheers :)

Comments

• giorgoxxigiorgoxxi Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Had my speed doubled manually (i.e. called to get my speed upped from 50 to 100). My upload speed hasn't been doubled though.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    giorgoxxi wrote: »
    Had my speed doubled manually (i.e. called to get my speed upped from 50 to 100). My upload speed hasn't been doubled though.

Download speeds up to 100MB is already available, upload speeds will be much later in the programme, no mention of a date when that will be

120MB Broadband coming from June/July/August/September 2012 onwards

Throttling/STM etc, came into effect from April 2012

Your download speeds will double first then your upgraded upload speed will follow automatically, you just need to reboot your Superhub after the upgrade has taken place to get it
  • Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info
    would be handy if they said when an area was finnished
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had mine done last week by an engineer, he came out to fix a problem with the home phone line and whilst there called Virgin and asked them to do it, it was running within 24 hours .
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Had mine done last week by an engineer, he came out to fix a problem with the home phone line and whilst there called Virgin and asked them to do it, it was running within 24 hours .

If the Engineer called up Virgin where he works, then he must of called up the person who works at the Jay Machine to upgrade you to your new speed,
    this how it is done in our area since the 50MB Broadband became available some years ago,
    in our area only the Engineers can upgrade us we cannot do it ourselves because only the Engineer can contact the person at the Jay Machine to upgrade customers
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the Engineer called up Virgin where he works, then he must of called up the person who works at the Jay Machine to upgrade you to your new speed,
    this how it is done in our area since the 50MB Broadband became available some years ago,
    in our area only the Engineers can upgrade us we cannot do it ourselves because only the Engineer can contact the person at the Jay Machine to upgrade customers

To be honest I have no clue who he called, he was a very pleasant guy and when he finished with the phone line he mentioned the speed increase and said he would make a call , he did and it was upgraded.