I HONESTLY would stop watching X Factor if Robbie is a judge. Anyone agree?

cats academycats academy Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
I know people threaten to stop watching X Factor for a whole raft of reasons (unless Gamu is reinstated, if Rylan is in live shows blah blah), but I truly, honestly, genuinely, I SWEAR, I will stop watching if Robbie Williams joins the panel. It would be HORRIBLE.

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't stop now... having discovered how XF can earn me some easy money...:(:o:o:o
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my own dream world i'd want Will, Cheryl, Dido and Louis Walsh.

In reality we will probably get Robbie, Nicole, Sharon and Louis Walsh. BOO.
    I think Nicole is staying for sure.
    Robbie might replace Gary and that would be alright.
    Sharon comeback on the Brits..there must be some motivation behind that...
    Louis will stay.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    In my own dream world i'd want Will, Cheryl, Dido and Louis Walsh.

In reality we will probably get Robbie, Nicole, Sharon and Louis Walsh. BOO.
    I think Nicole is staying for sure.
    Robbie might replace Gary and that would be alright.
    Sharon comeback on the Brits..there must be some motivation behind that...
    Louis will stay.

I hate it when everyone assumes Louis will stay. The guy has to go! And people have just accepted he will be part of the furniture. I want him out of there. He's ruining the show. Any acts with him will be doomed to failure. He has no musical credibility now that Westlife have disbanded. He's a failure, horrible and a joke.
  • Darren MetcalfeDarren Metcalfe Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams would do well as long as Gary Barlow had head status, I don't care what anyone says his motivation and self right all stems from bettering Robbie and being smug about HIS band etc.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie always comes across as on a different planet - like he doesn't really know what's happening around him. He needs to stop being so spaced out and stary all the time.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people threaten to stop watching X Factor for a whole raft of reasons (unless Gamu is reinstated, if Rylan is in live shows blah blah), but I truly, honestly, genuinely, I SWEAR, I will stop watching if Robbie Williams joins the panel. It would be HORRIBLE.

That would actually peak my curiosity enough to take a look at the new season tbh...
    I so can't picture him as a mentor that I would want to see what would happen. :o It could be really entertaining too. I wonder what type of critique he'd give.

When I saw his judge's house with Gary in 2011, he turned out to be right about Frankie while Gary wanted to believe it would work out. Maybe he is more perceptive than people give him credit for, Garry clearly wasn't (and I believed that he was at the time).

What do you know, maybe there'd be some good surprise?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with you on that! Robbie Williams is just...argh! Oh, imagine how smug and annoying he'd be when each judge is introduced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if Gary and Robbie are as close as they want you to believe. I've always had the impression their past is more deeply scarred than they care to admit. I think therefore, if Gary is still aboard, he will ensure Robbie nowhere near the judge's desk. Just a guess I have. Could well be wrong of course.

I also think Simon is wise enough to see how imbalanced the panel would then be and how that could turn away viewers. You may as well have all of Take That on the panel.

The problem with a high turnover of judges is that they will soon run out of options between those who have been asked and have turned it down, those who have already done it and those who are unsuitable.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Robbie , I'd actually say more would watch if Robbie was a judge he is more likeable than Gary.
    I don't think he'd be the best full time judge he's okay as a mentor though.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    I might stop watching, I don't want him to be a judge but I'd give it a watch to see if it's as bad as I anticipate.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he could b good. Hes an entertainer which is a must to make good tv.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Robbie but actually dislike Barlow more, so if he's replaces him then i'll still watch. If they're both on the panel that would be pretty much the end :(
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    I'm all right with Robbie but he'll come up with mostly ridiculous comments for sure!!
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm sure all these people saying they'll NEVER watch the show again are the ones keeping track of the show, its judges etc. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather something like:
    David Bowie, Lily Allen, Des'ree and an established younger male.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the show for ages (well not the later stages anyway) I may actually watch one or two if Robbie joined (personally I don't think he will) just out of curiosity.

It would be funny if he did join though and Simon Cowell awarded him senior status as 'Head Judge'.:D
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »
    I'd rather something like:
    David Bowie, Lily Allen, Des'ree and an established younger male.

Its rumoured that David Bowie has been approached ... but didn't Simon Cowell once say that Bowie (and Kate Bush) were overrated?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I honestly think Robbie would be a much better judge than Gary Borelow.
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    I honestly think Robbie would be a much better judge than Gary Borelow.

He probably would in that he knows what it takes to be a solo success. He'd certainly be wittier with his comments - certainly more off the cuff than scripted as Gary is.
  • pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he'd be a great judge. He's always very nice to contestants and encouraging and I think he'd be quite funny.

Don't think there's a chance in hell though. He's on tour this summer and the press run with this story every year.

I really hope Gary is replaced though. I might be alone in this but I can't help but find him very unlikeable and I don't think he brings much to the show.
    Forum Member
    pixiepie wrote: »
    I think he'd be a great judge. He's always very nice to contestants and encouraging and I think he'd be quite funny.

Don't think there's a chance in hell though. He's on tour this summer and the press run with this story every year.

I really hope Gary is replaced though. I might be alone in this but I can't help but find him very unlikeable and I don't think he brings much to the show.

I think X-F has done good for Gary in promoting himself in his solo status but I honestly don't think he has the knack of 'picking a winner'. I've read recently that he turned down Emile Sande when she auditioned for him for his (now defunct) Future label. If the articles are to be believed he said 'you'lll never be a star'. I don't know much about Emile Sande but I do believe she has achieved some success - certainly more than Marcus or Christopher.
  • pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think X-F has done good for Gary in promoting himself in his solo status but I honestly don't think he has the knack of 'picking a winner'. I've read recently that he turned down Emile Sande when she auditioned for him for his (now defunct) Future label. If the articles are to be believed he said 'you'lll never be a star'. I don't know much about Emile Sande but I do believe she has achieved some success - certainly more than Marcus or Christopher.

I hadn't heard that story, interesting. Its not that I think he's a completely useless judge its just that I don't think he's as good as he believes he is. That sounds kinda harsh but I mean it more in the sense that his whole 'serious judge' routine often feels out of place and forced, to me at least.

Ideally I'd love Simon back but I think that's definitely a no-go.
    Forum Member
    pixiepie wrote: »
    I hadn't heard that story, interesting. Its not that I think he's a completely useless judge its just that I don't think he's as good as he believes he is. That sounds kinda harsh but I mean it more in the sense that his whole 'serious judge' routine often feels out of place and forced, to me at least.

Ideally I'd love Simon back but I think that's definitely a no-go.

Here it is (not sure how much truth there is in it though)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/emeli-sande-story-part-three-1715468

I must say though that Gary (if true) using the words 'you'll never be a star' seems rather shallow given that we're led to believe that Gary is supposed to be first and foremost a songwriter (using the word 'star' just seems inappropriate from him).

If it is true - I suppose Emili has had the last laugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Tweedy alone would be worth a switch off, but can see why they'd want Robbie, for the entertainment value.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

I would stop watching X Factor in general. Why do you think that Robbie Williams would not be a good judge?