Playstation 4 to launch December 13th??

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
Toys R Us have the UK release date for the PS4 and it's launch titles as Friday December 13th, 2 weeks later than their Xbox One date.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%3f&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2ftrus%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7btrus_trus%7d%2fitemtype%3dproduct%2f%24s%3dPs4&media=web

Could this be the first conformation? Seems feasible.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it had that date since they added it weeks ago.

They have the Xbox One as the 29th November, as that's the last week day before the end of November and we know that Xbox One is coming in November.

For PS4, if they want to sell any before the end of the year then it would have to be released before mid-December.

Given that Sony told some retailers to stop taking pre-orders and have now said you may carry on they clearly show they are doing well with production schedules and given the amount of cross-gen games I think they'll want it out as early as possible.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Nah, it had that date since they added it weeks ago.

They have the Xbox One as the 29th November, as that's the last week day before the end of November and we know that Xbox One is coming in November.

For PS4, if they want to sell any before the end of the year then it would have to be released before mid-December.

Given that Sony told some retailers to stop taking pre-orders and have now said you may carry on they clearly show they are doing well with production schedules and given the amount of cross-gen games I think they'll want it out as early as possible.

I agree, actually. I'm fully expecting Sony to let Microsoft announce a date and then cut in early. I think we'll see it well before December. I'll be surprised if they leave it that late.

Then again, all they've said so far is Holiday 2013......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they didn't reveal a date during E3 to make sure they will have enough units at launch rather than create a shortage situation.

For me, cross-gen is key as both sides won't want people to buy current gen versions as it will only weaken their reasons to go next-gen.

These are the cross-gen titles.

AC4 = October 29th
    BF4 = October 29th
    COD = November 5th
    FIFA = September 24th
    Just Dance = October 1st
    Madden = August 27th
    NBA2K = October 1st
    NFS = November 19th
    Skylanders = October 13th
    Lego = October
    Watch Dogs = November 19th

My prediction:
    PS4 will launch the week beginning October 28th in the US, the UK & Ireland and will launch with AC4, BF4, COD, FIFA, JD, Madden, NBA2K, Skylanders, Lego.

Xbox will launch the week beginning November 18th worldwide and will launch with all games.

Black Friday is on the 28th, so should give them time for a re-stock after initial sales.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I agree, actually. I'm fully expecting Sony to let Microsoft announce a date and then cut in early. I think we'll see it well before December. I'll be surprised if they leave it that late.

Then again, all they've said so far is Holiday 2013......

I know both Sony and Microsoft are holding press conferences on the 20th but as far as I can tell Microsoft have not set a time. I would have thought after last time they will try and make sure Sony go first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they didn't reveal a date during E3 to make sure they will have enough units at launch rather than create a shortage situation.

For me, cross-gen is key as both sides won't want people to buy current gen versions as it will only weaken their reasons to go next-gen.

These are the cross-gen titles.

AC4 = October 29th
    BF4 = October 29th
    COD = November 5th
    FIFA = September 24th
    Just Dance = October 1st
    Madden = August 27th
    NBA2K = October 1st
    NFS = November 19th
    Skylanders = October 13th
    Lego = October
    Watch Dogs = November 19th

My prediction:
    PS4 will launch the week beginning October 28th in the US, the UK & Ireland and will launch with AC4, BF4, COD, FIFA, JD, Madden, NBA2K, Skylanders, Lego.

Xbox will launch the week beginning November 18th worldwide and will launch with all games.

Black Friday is on the 28th, so should give them time for a re-stock after initial sales.

I agree with you about the PS4 as they have exclusive content with AC4, but I'd put Xbox W/C 5th Nov to coincide with COD..
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ chopoff and fastest fingers, that's some pretty good reasoning for the dates you predict, I can believe that until I hear something official.

Although with the Xbox 1 is one week later too close to PS4 launch in a logistical sense for retailers. The CoD argument does makes it seem plausible though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    until i see/hear/read anything offical from Sony, im with hotbird
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sony will want to be first in terms of release, so if they have to announce a date first they'll said the last week of October

That why they'll be guaranteed to launch before xbox 1

Of course if xbox announce a date first PS4 will try and undercut they by two weeks

If can't see them potentially being out a month later, not with so many yearly third party games at stake
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I think Sony will want to be first in terms of release, so if they have to announce a date first they'll said the last week of October

That why they'll be guaranteed to launch before xbox 1

Of course if xbox announce a date first PS4 will try and undercut they by two weeks

If can't see them potentially being out a month later, not with so many yearly third party games at stake

I really don't think it will make a difference if the PS4 is out after the X1. People would have made their minds up beforehand which one they want so they can hold out another week or two.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I really don't think it will make a difference if the PS4 is out after the X1. People would have made their minds up beforehand which one they want so they can hold out another week or two.

I don't think it will matter either, its not like there is going to be stock in shops for people to buy anyway when you look at how the pre-orders are going for both machines.

I do think Sony will want to release first though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release date will be announced at gamescom during their presser. Along with any bundle announcements. Plus the new ip's they have been holding back.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Darobi wrote: »
    Release date will be announced at gamescom during their presser. Along with any bundle announcements. Plus the new ip's they have been holding back.

Where did you find that out?

Hope its true :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Where did you find that out?

Hope its true :D

Andy house said during e3, if I remember correctly. Plus some releases will be saved for tgs in sep as well, so we won't know the full new ip/launch releases until then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy house said during e3, if I remember correctly. Plus some releases will be saved for tgs in sep as well, so we won't know the full new ip/launch releases until then.

Welcome back to DS, haven't seen you post in a very long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are probably referring to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1GiM8Gd_k#t=4m06s

That interview is where all the FIVE MILLION NEW TITLES FOR PS4 AT GAMESCOM articles on websites came from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I think ps4 will launch earlier than Xbox but reckon its a shoe-in that x box launches nov 5th same day as cod, I just can't imagine when cod launches Xbox won't have a next gen machine out for the games as it could push a lot of players over to psn considering cheaper machine, more powerful and cheaper psn - can you really imagine Microsoft for arguments sake let ps4 get a 2 week sale advantage of the new cod title, I think they would lose lots of players to psn even with the moneyhatted timed dlc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dwr budr wrote: »
    I think ps4 will launch earlier than Xbox but reckon its a shoe-in that x box launches nov 5th same day as cod, I just can't imagine when cod launches Xbox won't have a next gen machine out for the games as it could push a lot of players over to psn considering cheaper machine, more powerful and cheaper psn - can you really imagine Microsoft for arguments sake let ps4 get a 2 week sale advantage of the new cod title, I think they would lose lots of players to psn even with the moneyhatted timed dlc.
    Well!

Activision/IW have said it will be on next-gen consoles at launch.

So for PS4 to launch first, it would mean it would be available on PS4 before Xbox One.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Well!

Activision/IW have said it will be on next-gen consoles at launch.

So for PS4 to launch first, it would mean it would be available on PS4 before Xbox One.

no chance whatsoever that ps4 version comes out before xbox1, Microsoft would do their nut for all the money they pay activision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also of note is that GameStop in the US are offering $50 towards the Xbox One version of COD when it is made available when you trade in the 360 version.

That suggests therefore that it will not be launching 5th November.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It's not beyond possibility that PS4 launches first, after all they have gone through FCC, while Xbox hasn't, so in theory they should be further along the production run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oooonh...... You little tease.

I'm assuming that date is for the USA, so we could get it the week after, maybe?
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooonh...... You little tease.

I'm assuming that date is for the USA, so we could get it the week after, maybe?

Exactly what I was thinking:D
    Think a week later would be fair as in time for some big game launches, although the same date as the States would be great lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly what I was thinking:D
    Think a week later would be fair as in time for some big game launches, although the same date as the States would be great lol

That said, PS Vita was a simultaneous USA/Euro release though. Logistically they could probably manage that again, but I can see it putting one hell of a strain on their servers come day one.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Seen that too! October 21st would be massive "broadside" to the XboxOne, unfortunately I'm still on holiday, so it will sit in my office in work till I get back.