Incest 'Cult' Uncovered In Australia: Appalling Saga Of Depraved Child Abuse Revealed

franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"An incest "cult" has been discovered in Australia, uncovering generations of unfathomable cruelty and depravity. Not only could it be the most appalling saga of child abuse ever to come out of the country, it is undoubtedly among the most horrific accounts of incest ever made public.As the debauched Colt family moved from state to state, possibly to evade detection, four generations of incest were produced.Unknown to the 2000 citizens of a picturesque farming community in New South Wales (NSW), the darkest of family secrets was taking place.The scandal only came to light when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn't attend school, Australia's Herald Sun reported."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/11/incest-cult-australia-_n_4424458.html?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl11|sec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D229464

Makes for disturbing reading. Incest turns my stomach but I have sympathy for them as they obviously didn't know any different (albeit it is mentioned "family moved from state to state, possibly to evade detection") :(

"Now, it has been discovered the children were the products of generations intimate relations between brothers and sisters, and uncles and nieces and fathers and daughters – originating from a set of great-great grandparents who were a brother and sister."

Comments

• talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn this into a positive thing, the study of their DNA and genetics and so on will be of great benefit to science.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Burnley.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Burnley.

Hahahahahaaaaaa.......*genuine lol* :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    "

Makes for disturbing reading.

Yes It does. I started but didn't finish. I'll need to go back to it later when I'm a bit more fortified. Bloody awful.
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuff of horror movies
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a pair of dueling banjos I hear.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    stuff of horror movies

At least with a horror movie I can tell myself it's only a script when the awful bits appear :(
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How awful. Does this remind anyone of Sawney Bean and his family from Scotland? (Putting cannibalism aside, that is.)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose if you wanted one sentence to sum up who awful the whole thing is, it would be this ..
    One 13-year-old reported sexual contact with her uncle, who was nine years old while her aunt, 8, watched on.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where their ancestors from Norfolk?
  • potpourripotpourri Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    This is jaw dropping. Poor kids, poor animals. I don't know what more you can say to this.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all seem to be dreadful victims and I wonder if some of them will ever recover from their early experiences of extreme neglect and abuse.

Not sure why the Mail is referring to this as a 'cult', not sure there is evidence this is a belief focused group, more a dysfunctional, abused and damaged family group.

For the me, the questions that leap out over and above how this happened is, that in reality these situations must occur lots of times in isolated communities around the world. Do the deformities and illnesses caused by the inbreeding mean that over time, the family dies out?

How can people still believe in biblical stories about begatting and begatting? The human race would presumably all be like these people if we all came from adam and eve.

How do animals prevent this, especially in high populations like dogs and cats?
    Forum Member
    I agree, 'cult' is the wrong word. This is generations of abuse.

I can't even imagine how they will recover, their development will be so damaged.
  • Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    That's crazy. It's like something straight out of the pages of Jack Ketchum's Off season trilogy.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Is that a pair of dueling banjos I hear.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

"Who's pickin' a banjo here?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where their ancestors from Norfolk?

*high sixes*
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if they aint good enough for your own family they aint good enough for some one elses
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truly horrific.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    "An incest "cult" has been discovered in Australia, uncovering generations of unfathomable cruelty and depravity. Not only could it be the most appalling saga of child abuse ever to come out of the country, it is undoubtedly among the most horrific accounts of incest ever made public.As the debauched Colt family moved from state to state, possibly to evade detection, four generations of incest were produced.Unknown to the 2000 citizens of a picturesque farming community in New South Wales (NSW), the darkest of family secrets was taking place.The scandal only came to light when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn't attend school, Australia's Herald Sun reported."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/11/incest-cult-australia-_n_4424458.html?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl11|sec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D229464

Makes for disturbing reading. Incest turns my stomach but I have sympathy for them as they obviously didn't know any different (albeit it is mentioned "family moved from state to state, possibly to evade detection") :(

"Now, it has been discovered the children were the products of generations intimate relations between brothers and sisters, and uncles and nieces and fathers and daughters – originating from a set of great-great grandparents who were a brother and sister."

Typical Ozzies. Only in Australia.

I wonder what the white Australian community will do about this in order to root out this epidemic.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mean to make light of the horrific story, but a kangaroo sleeping in a bed made me lol a little bit.:blush:

PS, what have they done to the embarrassed smilie??
    Forum Member
    But when you put it next to this, it's not so funny. God knows what had been done to the kangaroo.
    Five of the boys also told their carers about how they used to torture animals on the farm, including puppies and cats. They reported mutilating the genitals of animals

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/11/incest-cult-australia-_n_4424458.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    They all seem to be dreadful victims and I wonder if some of them will ever recover from their early experiences of extreme neglect and abuse.

Not sure why the Mail is referring to this as a 'cult', not sure there is evidence this is a belief focused group, more a dysfunctional, abused and damaged family group.

For the me, the questions that leap out over and above how this happened is, that in reality these situations must occur lots of times in isolated communities around the world. Do the deformities and illnesses caused by the inbreeding mean that over time, the family dies out?

How can people still believe in biblical stories about begatting and begatting? The human race would presumably all be like these people if we all came from adam and eve.

How do animals prevent this, especially in high populations like dogs and cats?

Yes, it appears that it does.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2009/04/inbreeding-the-downfall-of-the-spanish-hapsburgs/
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    potpourri wrote: »
    But when you put it next to this, it's not so funny. God knows what had been done to the kangaroo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/11/incest-cult-australia-_n_4424458.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Oh, I hadn't noticed that bit!:( It's all quite horrid.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Ugh. Terrible. Sadly there's probably a "house of horror" like that not far from one of us around here and we don't have a clue.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Typical Ozzies. Only in Australia.

I wonder what the white Australian community will do about this in order to root out this epidemic.

:confused: Um no. Not only in Australia. And what does you 2nd sentence mean exactly? Actually, i don't wanna know tbh.