The Syndicate - new drama coming to BBC One

Comments

• JellyKateJellyKate Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for the final episode next week! My perfect ending would be for sleazy Jamie to drive his Ferrari off the edge of a cliff whilst on the run from drug dealers/police. Skanky Amy would be in the passenger seat. Then with both of them gone, Stuart and his mum and Leanne and the kids can live happily ever after!!:D
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's also the real life brother of Matthew Lewis (Jamie)

Matthew's about 6 years younger too, you'd think it was the other way around. Anyway, another good episode. Hoping that it all ends well for Bob next week, but I have a feeling it won't.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds intriguing. I wondered if perhaps her "daughter" wasn't rightfully hers and that was why she was on the run.

Get me! I was right.

It doesn't happen very often so indulge me peeps...:)
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    She was in Shameless earlier this year and rather fetching too.

Thanks, but no, it's not that I know her from either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    The BBC want another series as far as I know.

I think it would be with a new syndicate - which is a shame. Waste of establishing some really good characters.
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Get me! I was right.

:D very well guessed!
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »

try here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very well guessed!

I'm gonna bore everyone to death with this one, normally I'm the last to catch on...my ten year old son figures out the denouement of a drama before I do!
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »

Found it. Case Sensitive, ITV drama. God, I love the Internet. Would have been awake hours trying to remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get me! I was right.

Consider yourself indulged :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    Consider yourself indulged :D;)

Aw ta, off to bed now, basking in smugness....
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC want another series as far as I know.

I think it would be with a new syndicate - which is a shame. Waste of establishing some really good characters.

Maybe they could go round in disguise, righting wrongs and helping the poor and oppressed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    The solicitor played Tommy in Torchwood - the one who was a soldier in WW1 and fell in love with Toshiko.

talking of torchwood, did any notice that Leannes ex was Rhys, Gwens hubby? :)
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the BBC want another series, does that mean that not all of the loose ends are tied up next week?

i can live without knowing if Jamie gets his comeuppance, or if Bob comes back from South Africa and lives for another twenty years, but if we're left hanging about Stuart and Leanne I will not be a happy bunny. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it would be with a new syndicate

The cast of Skins??? :D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    talking of torchwood, did any notice that Leannes ex was Rhys, Gwens hubby? :)

I certainly did!

I love Kai Owen, reminds me so much of my own hubby lol.
  • John8418John8418 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    What I'm enjoying is that the characters have some real depth.

Joyce, mother of Jamie & Stuart, came across at first as mean-minded and loud-mouthed, a bit of a slattern. Now she's showing quite a few more sides to her character - caring for the children, blackmailing Jamie&Amy, the two pantomime villains... I wouldn't want to cross Joyce, but there's a strong sense of right and wrong there.

Denise was everybody's doormat, including her worthless husband, but tonight managed to bully the skanky relief manager into saying "please" :)

Bob's solicitor son let his father give him his life savings, then couldn't even stir himself to give the old man a lift. A useless snob, it seemed. Yet tonight he's shown himself to be good at his job. Yes, he knew he'd be well paid, but he was talking about passing the case on to someone else with more experience of family courts. So not just doing it for the money - he cares.

In TV fiction, characters usually show just one face to the audience. You can sum them up in a few minutes, after which you can tell exactly what they're going to say or do. Not this time! Great job by all the cast - and Kay Mellor, of course.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John8418 wrote: »
    What I'm enjoying is that the characters have some real depth.

Joyce, mother of Jamie & Stuart, came across at first as mean-minded and loud-mouthed, a bit of a slattern. Now she's showing quite a few more sides to her character - caring for the children, blackmailing Jamie&Amy, the two pantomime villains... I wouldn't want to cross Joyce, but there's a strong sense of right and wrong there.

Denise was everybody's doormat, including her worthless husband, but tonight managed to bully the skanky relief manager into saying "please" :)

Bob's solicitor son let his father give him his life savings, then couldn't even stir himself to give the old man a lift. A useless snob, it seemed. Yet tonight he's shown himself to be good at his job. Yes, he knew he'd be well paid, but he was talking about passing the case on to someone else with more experience of family courts. So not just doing it for the money - he cares.

In TV fiction, characters usually show just one face to the audience. You can sum them up in a few minutes, after which you can tell exactly what they're going to say or do. Not this time! Great job by all the cast - and Kay Mellor, of course.

i was trying to explain to my mum's carer why she should watch this programme and your last paragraph kinda summarises what i said to her.. the writing is outstanding..
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    John8418 wrote: »
    Denise was everybody's doormat, including her worthless husband, but tonight managed to bully the skanky relief manager into saying "please" :).

loved this bit!
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Leanne's story and Stuart being there, i really do hope we see more them and also get together, they would be great together

I like how Denise is being well just lovely Denise

I hope Jamie and Amy run off or something lol
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    The solicitor played Tommy in Torchwood - the one who was a soldier in WW1 and fell in love with Toshiko.

I loved that episode and Tommy.
    Seems to have put a bit of weight on since then but still nice
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a few mixed feelings when Leanne explained her story, the whole IVF and child snatching worried me since I am childless not by choice myself. But I think Kay Mellor made it feel plausible and the acting was appropriate. The moral of Amy's reaction was try as well. I've had people jump to conclusions with me for less things due to my situation so that felt very real. At the same time I can see why Amy was cautious albeit in vicious way.

I liked those real painful and candid scenes and then the bits of humour - when Amy picked up the phone to Stuart when he needed the number from the photo. The way she arranged her face was priceless and absolutely perfect for the character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where the stripe jumper Joyce was wearing is from?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeme wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the stripe jumper Joyce was wearing is from?

Probably Primark Jaeme!;) Those boys of hers don't give her much.
  • RCarter89RCarter89 Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I bawled like a baby last night. :(