America's Next Top Model Cycle 18

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
Anyone have any information on when this cycle will air in the UK - can't find anything via google. Thanks, Andy

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea maybe it will be on after BINTM like last year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    BINTM ends next week, so ANTM will most likely air a week or two later. So not too long!

I watched this Cycle at US pace, and without giving anything away its quite an amusing cycle, and nice to see some of the BNTM girls back. Expect plenty of pot ledom and booty tooching!
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last few B&INTM's have ended, and then ANTM usually starts week or two after. So soon it should be!!!!!!!!!!
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait, I tried to watch it at US pace online, but gave up on it coz I couldn't find a good site that would play it in a decent quality.

And yes, should air soon here. They're already on cycle 19 in the US!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    15th October it's back on.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I am looking forward to this or not. I usually like the ANTM, but now its a face of with BNTM rejects, not sure how thats going to work. Looking forward to settling down to see tonight though!
  • super whitesuper white Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Am not sure I like the whole "USA v UK" thing. Hopefully they won't make too much of it and we'll see the girls mix more.

Also.. although I hated the audition episodes on last years BINTM I don't feel like I know anyone yet on this series because they've just been launched straught into it. Am sure I'll get to learn their names though. Don't know if anyone has a link where we could see the profiles? Don't want to google coz don't want to spoil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    really think theyve picked the brits for 'personailty' not model ability - they were all the most notiable characters in their seasons and not a great representation of our models. I'd much rather of seen jade (runner up in mischa's year -now healthy weight) or similar on there, or even some of our winners (although that'd be a bit embarrasing if they went out quick over there!)

the only ones I'm pleased to see are ashley and sophie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I really dont like the brits they picked apart from sophie (who i still think should have won) and catherine. I would have loved to see jade too and i really hoped id never have to see alisha again ever!
    Iv never exactly taken antm seriously but the way they've bumped up faux rivalry and bitchyness seems a bit too desperate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    yeah I agree - to be fair the yanks have a right to be annoyed, the british girls have had all this training and prep before hand, surely it would of been better to pick those that havent been in the show before.

I have a horrible feeling we will be protrayed badly in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It felt really rushed. I don't like whole UK vs USA thing, it's too much.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated this programme - I really don't want to hear them all calling each biatch constanly and waving their hands in each others faces. Why can't it just be a programme about modelling?
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the above. This rivalry stuff made me extremely uncomfortable and I turned it off.It`s nice to see Sophie, who made me smile.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    I hated this programme - I really don't want to hear them all calling each biatch constanly and waving their hands in each others faces. Why can't it just be a programme about modelling?

Yep, totally agree. I thought it was all a bit tasteless not to mention a tad nationalistic. I love ANTM but I didn't like this at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Yep, totally agree. I thought it was all a bit tasteless not to mention a tad nationalistic. I love ANTM but I didn't like this at all.

It`s very nationalistic and quite unpleasant. A shame.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I like the bitchiness and the rivalry... Brings some entertainment and makes you root for a team which i like. I did think the first photoshoot was highly unfair.. Some people got it so much easier than others.

I also don't think the Brits stand a chance but i'm really looking forward to this season.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First post!

I agree with what everyone has said about disliking the contrived rivalry. It feels a bit staged to me.

I do think it's completely unfair to have new models competing against British ex-show contestants. I realise a lot of the contestants have modelled before at some point, but it's not fair having people who have been through the show before. Why didn't they get a fresh batch, or have old US contestants, or open it up to more countries?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    First post!

I agree with what everyone has said about disliking the contrived rivalry. It feels a bit staged to me.

I do think it's completely unfair to have new models competing against British ex-show contestants. I realise a lot of the contestants have modelled before at some point, but it's not fair having people who have been through the show before. Why didn't they get a fresh batch, or have old US contestants, or open it up to more countries?

However, from the way they are being portrayed, it`s very clear that the Brits are the underdogs.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the fact that this year, the show just gets straight on with it, no long drawn out audition process and I like the fact I know some of the girls already but it really isn't fair on the US girls.

But hey, come on Catherine and Sophie, let's kick some US butt. :D
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was one of the worst eps I have ever seen. I hated the rivalry bitaches stuff which seemed really pathetic and I didn't like the fact that we didn't see the girls being selected.
    The photo shoot was just awful and so unfair. How on earth was that girl supposed to look like Elton John???? Appalling styling.
    Using girls that have been in the competition before spoils it as well. The only girl we've got who might do well is Sophie (and possibly Catherine), the others have no chance.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »

I agree but they haven't sent our best models, they've taken people who didn't win the first time round. There is zero chance of a British girl winning.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I agree but they haven't sent our best models, they've taken people who didn't win the first time round. There is zero chance of a British girl winning.

I know, as I said, apart from Catherine or Sophie, imo, we stand no chance at all.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the first episode. The rivalry will be OK as long as it's just a bit of fun and they drop it quickly.

It's probably more a reflection of the recent British/Irish cycle, but this felt like a breath of fresh air. More of the women seemed to stand out, too. In the previous series, I had trouble identifying anyone enough to be favourite, but here quite a few of them caught my eye. I'm almost annoyed they are having make-overs so soon.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not keen on the rivalry, it's just an excuse for all the usual stereotypical bs to come up about both nations. I am hoping it will settle down over the coming weeks though.

I hated the photo shoot, I didn't like any of the pictures at all.

To finish on a positive note, I loved the lipstick at panel.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up with this last night and thought it was pants. Hated the rivalry and hated the way the British girls were set up to fail - first in the catwalk thing (ooo surprise, the American audience gave the biggest cheers to, yep you've guessed it, the Americans!) and then in the stupid photoshoot. Elton John? John Lennon? Even the one decent person - Princess Di - was given a ridiculous and unflattering dress. And then to put them on trampolines? Rubbish and agree, I disliked every single one of the photos.

And while I am on my rant.... John Lennon wouldn't have posed like that? John Lennon wouldn't have been bouncing up and down on a trampoline in the first place. Grrr.

So massive dislike so far. And I even disliked the lipstick!

But will I stop watching? No way!! :D