Options

Lana Del Rey - 'Black Beauty' (Unreleased)

Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjWFFrHMBQ

This is a recent unreleased track from Lana,

I'd say it's fair to say there's nothing particularly exceptional about this song but it's really nice and catchy. I woke up with the chorus in my head today and I wasn't even keen on it at first!

I really like it now!

Comments

• Options
    EastEnders2014EastEnders2014 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Lana has yet to record a single song that is below average. Her talents are off the scale. I adore this just like I adore everything she has done. I read she is planning a video for this song. I can see it being epic. I believe Lana is the queen of the music video now.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana has yet to record a single song that is below average. Her talents are off the scale. I adore this just like I adore everything she has done. I read she is planning a video for this song. I can see it being epic. I believe Lana is the queen of the music video now.

Definitely. I really hope this is on the new album and I agree she is the queen of the music video. I'm really hoping her new album smashes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'd be great for this song to be on the new album, I'm guessing it will be a more produced (or reproduced rather).

She's in a league of her own, I think a lot of people don't really see that yet but good things come to those that wait!
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Currently the best songwriter in pop music imo. The people who scoff at such a claim tend to not be aware of her huge back catalogue of amazing unreleased songs. She's basically a HUGE talent. And clearly has balls of steel for not only surviving the frankly ludicrous vitriol she has had to endure from people who if they had any sense of decency should look back at their actions with huge regret but actually having the last laugh by being so successful.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a "recent" leak as that youtube video proves......great song anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's recent in terms of her huge catalog of unreleased material, dating back to 06/07.

I was only thinking earlier that Lana really is quite different from other female artists in general. I mean, she looks stunning and you'd think she could sing these shallow meaningless songs like some artists do, yet when she sings, it's so deep and dark and actually quite frightening at times! Amazing to have such a complex singer I think.
  • Options
    DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Diane_Rob its always nice to see fans just posting general discussions about anything be it new or old, so you write whatever is in your heart.

If there's a worry about this beautiful song, its that after some git hacked it, stole it and banged it on the web Lana seemed to indicate that she might not bother release it at all now. She was rather understandably upset. Particularly gutting when you consider she had indicated it would be a single.

However she has more recently said that what the hacker took was just unfinished demos, so fingers crossed it will still get officially released.

The point in your last post about how deep, dark, amazing & complex she is pretty much sums her up nicely as an artist I think! Yes she is the super model good looking million dollar girl glamour puss to boot, but as you say that doesn't make her shallow at all. Would we want her to be any other way? Its just the person she is. And something I always can't help but mention is she always comes across as being an extremely genuinely nice likeable person as well.

Shame her critics never wanted to see that, but then they always come across as the people who are really shallow. Hard to tell what they say these days as they're mumbling under the sheer amount of egg they've ended up getting on their faces after getting it wrong, wrong again and more wrong on top.

Let's forget 'em. All I'm interested in now is how great Ultraviolence is potentially going to be. Thing I love with Lana is she's always got something to say on her records and she always takes you a emotional journey that would make a great Hollywood movie within itself from start to finish.