Famous and well recieved Comedians who you don't 'get' or consider funny

Comments

• bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Doddys best ever line came when he was up in court for tax evasion.....

"I didn't think i could owe money to the Inland Revenue as i live on the coast"

(might try that one myself soon!)

And yes, John Bishop is AWFUL!
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle. No Frankie, being an insensitive **** is not being edgy, its just being an insensitive ****.
  • StikoStiko Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Morecambe & Wise!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Bishop. Seems like a nice chap but I do not find him funny.

oh and that irritating git that did Britains Got Talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Keith Lemon or whatever his real name is. I didn't like all that mask stuff, he was still doing jokes about Craig David years after everyone else had forgotten him - even Craig David himself apparently told him at some awards do, 'why don't you do someone more current?!' :D

As for Celebrity Juice, I think it's just Pavlov's Dogs, the guy says some stupid catchphrase and everyone collapses in laughter just because he has said the catchphrase. There's a lot of comedy like that, or course, but Celebrity Juice has nothing else.
    Forum Member
    John Bishop. Seems like a nice chap but I do not find him funny.

oh and that irritating git that did Britains Got Talent.

He is, friend of a friend of a friend. Top guy.
  • Packup PetePackup Pete Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Pesquale (sp)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Lemon or whatever his real name is. I didn't like all that mask stuff, he was still doing jokes about Craig David years after everyone else had forgotten him - even Craig David himself apparently told him at some awards do, 'why don't you do someone more current?!' :D

As for Celebrity Juice, I think it's just Pavlov's Dogs, the guy says some stupid catchphrase and everyone collapses in laughter just because he has said the catchphrase. There's a lot of comedy like that, or course, but Celebrity Juice has nothing else.

It certainly is the epitome of tabloid television, trash. Lemon makes me feel sick.
    Forum Member
    It certainly is the epitome of tabloid television, trash. Lemon makes me feel sick.

You're right. Some women I work with squeal in delight in some of the things he says - 'smash yer back doors in' being an example - but if a man talked like that in the workplace he'd be up on a sexual harrassment charge.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad someone else has said this, can't stand him. Bloody annoying person he is.

Theres quite a long list of comedians I don't find funny, the list of comedians I do like would probably be a lot shorter :o
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sweaty, seathing mass of neurosis known as Lee Evans. I just find him tedious and hard work.

Benny Hill. An entire career around one very flimsy joke, retold again and again in different costumes.

Jim Davidson. Just a waste of space.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Lee Evans

the Norman Wisdom impression is wearing thin.............

Lee Evans.

I didn't even like the real Norman Wisdom.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don't think you can judge any comedian on their TV performances, as they are so constrained by being on TV which, by its very nature, is now a very safe medium.

To really find out how good a comedian is you need to see them live. I've seen many of the names mentioned here live and what people say saying on this thread about most of them doesn't ring true with their live performances.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Pesquale (sp)

Who would have been every bit as successful without that gimmick of his voice, of course...:rolleyes:
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Whitehall - Just come out of the closet!
    That south african guy off Mock the Week
    Patrick Kielty - Oh jesus where do I begin
    Mark Watson - How the man got his own show I will never know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Evans
    Peter Kay
    Ricky Gervais

Any woman.
    Forum Member
    To be honest I don't think you can judge any comedian on their TV performances, as they are so constrained by being on TV which, by its very nature, is now a very safe medium.

To really find out how good a comedian is you need to see them live. I've seen many of the names mentioned here live and what people say saying on this thread about most of them doesn't ring true with their live performances.

Yes. Brian Conley being an example. His tv show was just 'okay', I enjoyed his live show tremendously.
  • MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Whitehall ought to be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act and that's just for starters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Carr... do all his jokes have to be about Paedos !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gervaise - smuggest git on the box.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael MacIntyre.

Have you ever noticed anything, ever?

:yawn:
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member

Count me in with that :D
    Apart from four comedians mentioned I find all of the above completely unfunny and agree with the reasons why. Russell Howard is by far the most unfunny person, unfortunately he reminds me of someone I used to know and is about as obnoxious. I used to love Mock the Week but I can't watch it when he is on...which makes me dislike him even more:mad:

Maybe I just don't have a sence of humour:o lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ataraxia wrote: »
    Lee Evans
    Peter Kay
    Ricky Gervais

Any woman.

Maybe it is because I am a woman... but I do not find female stand ups that funny either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo "sit on your face" Brand.
    French and Saunders.
    Roy Chubby Brown - talking shit isn't funny in an adult.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    Ken Dodd. I walked out after 2 hours and he hadn't reached the bloody interval. He got bluer and bluer in an attempt to get a laugh. The last straw was to get his "neice" on stage to do some karaoke! One of the most depressing evenings I have ever spent in a theatre - and I've seen Ibsen plays!

I've seen Ken Dodd about six times in all and have never seen him use blue material. :confused: