Louis Smith Appreciation Thread (2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »
    Mawnin lindy and daisy .. And all. :)
    Daisy the hug was so gentle it didn't hurt one bit ;) tamuchly.

Lindy .. I'm a Slimming World consultant :) And opened a new group at Easter ....

Hi Roadie, I wish you every success with the new group. :)
    I love the Slimming World magazine and recipe books. :D
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hi, I fell asleep on the sofa again tonight :eek: so once again I'm awake in the middle of the night :(

Just had a read back and can I echo all your brilliant posts about Louis and PR. He's very young and he needs good advice. Seems he may not necessarily be getting it - maybe GS was actually overwhelmed by the interest in him and wasn't used to saying 'no' ? :confused:

Anyway let's hope a bit more judgement is exercised from now on :)

Night all, sleep tight :sleep::sleep:

Lindy x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I only know about Greg Rutherford. Louis has known Gab for some years and has said that he's a close friend as well as his agent. Maybe there's an element of protecting Louis too, but I am only speculating here.

Can't say I have noticed any of the others that Gab represents in the news. Would hate to see our boy opening supermarkets in a couple of years.
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Aww, man! :( I know I was the one to start last night's conversation but its made me all worried about Louis' future all over again now! :cry: Especially reading Sophie's very informed posts on the subject! :( Gab, Louis has worked too hard to have it all squandered because you haven't a clue!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    I have a theory about Louis' lack of confidence regarding acting and it is that he would be fazed by concentrating on reading and having to learn a script. Some actors with dyslexia (no, I know that Louis doesn't have this) get round the problem by listening to the lines on tape repeatedly until they have sunk in. We agree that there is definitely an actor in Louis, but he needs to believe it.

According to the article below, Louis shares his 'condition' with at least 2 famous actors.

http://www.adhdchildren.org.uk/guess-the-connection/
    Forum Member

He's again wearing an 'interesting' ensemble!! :D
    Forum Member
    According to the article below, Louis shares his 'condition' with at least 2 famous actors.

http://www.adhdchildren.org.uk/guess-the-connection/

Interesting....is this a new book, do you know, daisy?

I somehow feel I've heard of the author before, but can't think where from......:confused:
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Interesting....is this a new book, do you know, daisy?

I somehow feel I've heard of the author before, but can't think where from......:confused:

I looked it up on Amazon. It is a new book, self published, I think. The twelve reviews so far all give it five stars!! Not sure I could read it though, it sounds very upsetting :( Maybe I'll download it and dip in and see......;)
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    He's again wearing an 'interesting' ensemble!! :D

N'aww! I'm finding his wacky sense of style rather endearing actually! :') He does seem to be partial to that particular pair of tracksuit bottoms, though! :confused: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    N'aww! I'm finding his wacky sense of style rather endearing actually! :') He does seem to be partial to that particular pair of tracksuit bottoms, though! :confused: :rolleyes:

They seem a a bit teddy-bearish to me lol :p I think he was wearing them in the pic where he'd drawn a virtual cartoon around his socks.

Did I really just type that???:D
    Forum Member
    Another pic from Austria in the pretty T shirt I like. :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattyHennessy/status/321290904486965249/photo/1
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your comments. Never saw Max Clifford on holiday or boozing with his clients!

I have been doing a spot of worr - sorry - pondering about our Lovely Louis' future and whether he is being managed in the best possible way and I probably have thoughts not shared by some.

I think a wrong turn was taken on the day Louis was presented with his MBE and he gave 2 short telly-news interviews in the palace grounds. He said that he was stepping back from entertainment. I think this was in response to criticism that he was everywhere and it must have been decided to remove him from the limelight until say Christmas. This is the opposite of quickly capitalising on his SCD win and Tour success of a few days before and his still-high profile from the Olympics.

I now think that this was just the right time for Louis to get into serious talks with as many 'dancing' contacts as possible and set about doing whatever was necessary to become a dancer. Arlene was with him that day and a mutually beneficial plan could have been discussed and his lack of confidence (a rare thing in our Lou) in his acting abilities could have been thrashed out at a further informal meeting. To read several times lately that he misses dancing so much and longs to get back to it, but can't see a way, makes my heart feel so heavy. We want Louis to be happy and dancing makes him so.

I think endorsements, sponsorships, promotions, charity work, school visits, photo-shoots, telly documentaries, clothes designing, fragrance developing, etc., could all be found time for. He could forgo a little gaming sometimes to fit more of these in. He'll be 24 in a fortnight. Time to "put away childish things" maybe?
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's too late for him to cultivate a relationship with Arlene Phillips, Korky. I think she would be happy to be the one to turn him into a West End star! She has all the connections that can help him with the dancing and the acting. He doesn't need to wait for Flavia.

Pic from the Peterborough Sports Awards back in February (or was it early March?). I haven't seen this one before...

https://mobile.twitter.com/gaynor_morgan/status/321311010214518785/photo/1
    Forum Member

Looks like he is in the duty free!
    Forum Member
    I have been doing a spot of worr - sorry - pondering about our Lovely Louis' future and whether he is being managed in the best possible way and I probably have thoughts not shared by some.

I think a wrong turn was taken on the day Louis was presented with his MBE and he gave 2 short telly-news interviews in the palace grounds. He said that he was stepping back from entertainment. I think this was in response to criticism that he was everywhere and it must have been decided to remove him from the limelight until say Christmas. This is the opposite of quickly capitalising on his SCD win and Tour success of a few days before and his still-high profile from the Olympics.

I now think that this was just the right time for Louis to get into serious talks with as many 'dancing' contacts as possible and set about doing whatever was necessary to become a dancer. Arlene was with him that day and a mutually beneficial plan could have been discussed and his lack of confidence (a rare thing in our Lou) in his acting abilities could have been thrashed out at a further informal meeting. To read several times lately that he misses dancing so much and longs to get back to it, but can't see a way, makes my heart feel so heavy. We want Louis to be happy and dancing makes him so.

I think endorsements, sponsorships, promotions, charity work, school visits, photo-shoots, telly documentaries, clothes designing, fragrance developing, etc., could all be found time for. He could forgo a little gaming sometimes to fit more of these in. He'll be 24 in a fortnight. Time to "put away childish things" maybe?

I agree that some wrong turns may have been made (not least drinking games between client and agent) but I have never quite understood that commitment to 'take a step back' :confused: Surely Louis has in fact been on TV etc more than ever since his MBE? I would have been happy to see a more judicious use of his talents......but what was said, and what's happened, don't seem to match up?

Either Louis can't make up his mind, or Gab can't make decisions?

I don't think it's too late for him to cultivate a relationship with Arlene Phillips, Korky. I think she would be happy to be the one to turn him into a West End star! She has all the connections that can help him with the dancing and the acting. He doesn't need to wait for Flavia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gaynor_morgan/status/321311010214518785/photo/1

Agree re Arlene. But whatever he does, his partners will want to know he's committed to that project, and won't go flitting off to do PA's in clubs etc.

Imo, anyway :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In no way are Andy Murray and Louis are similar in terms of making money. Andy is at the top of a sport which is televised almost all year long (mainly on Sky) and a match in a final or semi could last up to five hours of play. There is a large audience for this. I know because I play tennis most days and watch nearly all of the output as do my tennis friends. The prize money for getting near the top of a tournament is huge and as has been mentioned. Year on tennis must be onerous, as when they are not playing they are trying to improve their game.

I would not agree with SophieP who said of Murray(and Hamilton). 'Both are millionaires - far beyond their sporting achievements' Andy has been in the top four, for years and to keep that level of consistently is just amazing.

By contrast Louis is rarely seen to a large audience and then for fifty seconds. It is bad luck that his sport probably won't enable him to make an enormous sums of money.

I do hope he finds something he really enjoys. I think he would be excellent on a talk show. What he says is interesting and different from others.
    Forum Member
    Didn't I read somewhere that Stella McCartney said that Louis could contact her anytime he wanted to start in the fashion scene?
    Forum Member
    HeidiB wrote: »
    In no way are Andy Murray and Louis are similar in terms of making money. Andy is at the top of a sport which is televised almost all year long (mainly on Sky) and a match in a final or semi could last up to five hours of play. There is a large audience for this. I know because I play tennis most days and watch nearly all of the output as do my tennis friends. The prize money for getting near the top of a tournament is huge and as has been mentioned. Year on tennis must be onerous, as when they are not playing they are trying to improve their game.

I would not agree with SophieP who said of Murray(and Hamilton). 'Both are millionaires - far beyond their sporting achievements' Andy has been in the top four, for years and to keep that level of consistently is just amazing.

By contrast Louis is rarely seen to a large audience and then for fifty seconds. It is bad luck that his sport probably won't enable him to make an enormous sums of money.

I do hope he finds something he really enjoys. I think he would be excellent on a talk show. What he says is interesting and different from others.

This is an interesting perspective Heidi and I think you have a point about Andy Murray (and probably Lewis Hamilton as well).

I guess it's the apparently random nature of Louis' work and appearances at the moment that is puzzling. I don't expect him to earn a fortune, certainly not as a gymnast per se :)
    Forum Member
    As soon as one of the other up and coming male gymnasts wins a gold medal (it's only a matter of time now, the talent is that good!), Louis will no longer be considered the best GB gymnast. So he needs to have been well-established and excelling in another field by then. Basically I think Louis has until 2016 to get his act together because unless Max Whitlock gets injured, I believe he will be GB's first ever gold medal winning gymnast. Then all focus will be on him. Especially from their mutual agent, Gab!
    Forum Member
    Hope we get to hear what he's up to today!

Louis Smith MBE @louissmith1989
    Back at work today :).. London here we come x

Pics of him at the train station. :)

http://twitter.com/lilBsalisbury/status/321536136818356225/photo/1

http://twitter.com/seppxx/status/321536042207416320/photo/1
This discussion has been closed.