Three Coverage

barker71barker71 Posts: 663
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know if three are still increasing their 3g coverage?

Where i am the signal is amazing outside but often drops calls indoors, whats the best way to see if they can do anything about this?

Comments

• The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    AFAIK seeing the full share of T-Mobile & 3 sites was completed some time ago very few new masts are on the cards. They are still occasionally building them but this more to do with having to remove old sites (due to buildings being demolished etc) and do a new build. Orange sites should be added or being added soon to MBNL but a lot of the ones chosen for decommissioning have already been switched off. Maybe if the Orange signal there is stronger for you, 3 may have better signal in a few months as that site comes online as MBNL.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three do offer a Femtocell, but are quite hard to get I gather.
  • barker71barker71 Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get

"Bad Input on Previous Form
    An error was found in values provided on the previous form. Please go back and verify all entries and try again."

When trying to access that link
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are still adding sites I believe as needed for capacity and in low coverage areas. The Three blog comments often has staff giving dates for the switch on of new sites in problem areas.

MBNL will have a yearly budget for continual improvement, but the focus for Three has shifted to LTE this year, so expect a lot of the budget to be spent on those new Samsung base stations and LTE.

As somebody posted earlier, if you are on a 24 month contract and in an area which shows lower indoor coverage on their more detailed coverage map that the staff have access to then you should be able to get a femto. The team who issue them will check a much more detailed coverage map and look at where you are in relation to the cell. They will also check there aren't already improvements planned and if not they should give you a femto.

You never own it though, it's leant to you to be returned if and when you leave. They are made by NEC, and just plug into the power and your internet router. They aren't open, so you need to register each Three phone you want to use with it, your phone should have a good signal around the house once you have one of those. Three don't hand them out too easily as they are expensive to maintain for Three, especially the overhead of activating new handsets on it etc.