Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    I think you yourself have more investment in him than someone who might have seen some of their reality shows, since you say you take an interest in him purely for himself. And yes, the majority (obviously of the ones who knew who they were) took his side, (as we all know), because of how she came over.

Yes, that's true, but my 'investment' in him is purely for my entertainment, not for anything deeper. I don't care about him beyond having a laugh (with like-minded people) at him on here. He's a source of endless amusement because of the way he portrays himself and the way he tries so hard to be all things to all people. And fails. Isn't that what the Showbiz forum is for?

I'm only interested in the current PA and his endlessly cheesy attempts to stay relevant.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you yourself have more investment in him than someone who might have seen some of their reality shows, since you say you take an interest in him purely for himself. And yes, the majority (obviously of the ones who knew who they were) took his side, (as we all know), because of how she came over.

Oh dear.:(

Personal remarks are off-topic and will result in deletions or closure.
    Best to stick to the topic.:)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig .. Please read what I wrote.. I said he was famour for 1 song .. I know he released others but they didn't get anywhere near as much fame as mysterious girl did
    And the key word to your reply is WAS famous.. He wasn't even in the industry when he went on IAC ..he was working in a gym
    And again where do I claim she is an A lister :D:D:D seriously but at the time they got together she was still in the media.. He wasn't ..
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty Britain-
    (I can't believe I'm saying this)
    Back in the day Peter Andre had a number one album and he had two number one singles. Not including Mysterious girl. Although granted he was known for that song.

I'm no fan of Peter Andre but surely even you must admit that your comment "they didn't get anywhere" is not correct?

Edit you have edited already ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    You've just proved my point re the ridiculous investment that some people had/have in them! Hilarious, the idea that 'the majority of the country' gave a shiny sh*t about a pair of orange reality fame-****?! Come on.

See above. You'll see my comment was on-topic and where the 'personal' part came from.;)
    Fizgig .. Please read what I wrote.. I said he was famour for 1 song .. I know he released others but they didn't get anywhere near as much fame as mysterious girl did
    And the key word to your reply is WAS famous.. He wasn't even in the industry when he went on IAC ..he was working in a gym
    And again where do I claim she is an A lister :D:D:D seriously but at the time they got together she was still in the media.. He wasn't ..

What you said was that PA was a nobody, and KP was huge, and getting with her is what he's famous for. Serious over-estimation of what she actually was at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Betty Britain-
    (I can't believe I'm saying this)
    Back in the day Peter Andre had a number one album and he had two number one singles. Not including Mysterious girl. Although granted he was known for that song.

I'm no fan of Peter Andre but surely even you must admit that your comment "they didn't get anywhere" is not correct?

Edit you have edited already ;)

Sorry I missed a word out .. I should of wrote they didn't get HIM anywhere.. He wasn't a massive star known for lots of hits ..
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See above. You'll see my comment was on-topic and where the 'personal' part came from.;)

What you said was that PA was a nobody, and KP was huge, and getting with her is what he's famous for. Serious over-estimation of what she actually was at the time.

She was around the t*t area. That was what she was known for :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig at the time they got together he was a no one and she was starting to disappear.. But out of the two she was more current .. Why is that hard for you to accept.. I never said she was huge .. But she was still in the media ..he was NOT
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No worries, DD, I didn't take it as personal. :) But it is boring to have to keep on explaining why Pete, all on his own, is enough to account for all the well-deserved derision and contempt he gets. Anyway...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    She was around the t*t area. That was what she was known for :D

Good job really as she was a page 3 girl :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed a word out .. I should of wrote they didn't get HIM anywhere.. He wasn't a massive star known for lots of hits ..

Well a number one album and a couple of number ones suggest he had some fans. He was a pop star. All be it a cheesy one. Like it or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig at he time they got together he was a no one and she was starting to disappear.. But out f he two she was more current .. Why is that hard for you to accept..

She was only more current Betty, if you were a man with her calendar on the wall. Back then, people didn't become 'fans' of people like her. She was famous for her private life (getting drunk,kiss & tells), and most saw her as a skank.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's had 7 top 20 albums, and 9 top 10 singles so I honestly don't see how that can be regarded as 'getting (him) nowhere'. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Andr%C3%A9_discography
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Well a number one album and a couple of number ones suggest he had some fans. He was a pop star. All be it a cheesy one. Like it or not.

I have n doubt he had/has fans .. But he wasn't making albums etc when they got together and many didn't know him as he had disappeared years earlier
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig at the time they got together he was a no one and she was starting to disappear.. But out of the two she was more current .. Why is that hard for you to accept.. I never said she was huge .. But she was still in the media ..he was NOT

So, what you are saying is that neither of them were doing too well, but she was a more current 'has been' than him . got yer. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was only more current Betty, if you were a man with her calendar on the wall. Back then, people didn't become 'fans' of people like her. She was famous for her private life (getting drunk,kiss & tells), and most saw her as a skank.

But she was still "famous" by your own admission
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, what you are saying is that neither of them were doing too well, but she was a more current 'has been' than him . got yer. lol

About sums them up ..yes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job really as she was a page 3 girl :D:D:D

So, was she a page 3 girl first, and then got her boobs enlarged, or did she get her boobs made bigger in order to become a page 3 girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have n doubt he had/has fans .. But he wasn't making albums etc when they got together and many didn't know him as he had disappeared years earlier

I think most people of a certain age knew Peter for Mysterious girl. To the same token most people knew Jordan at that time for being a slapper.

Like I said I know which I would rather be thought of.. Cheesy ex pop star or rough skank known for getting her bits out?

Ooh tough choice:D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, was she a page 3 girl first, and then got her boobs enlarged, or did she get her boobs made bigger in order to become a page 3 girl.

She was a page 3 girl first..then after a pole in paper about should she get boobs done or not ..got them enlarged ..
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Is there a clip of this incident in the LA shop? I'm intrigued!

It was available up until the split, it was on Y-Tube, but almost everything Katie and Andre did on TV was removed after the split. Can issued orders apparently. It was a very nasty few moments with Pete like you've never seen him - Im surprised Can allowed it to be shown.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was a page 3 first , she wanted a boob job done but the sun were only featuring natural boobs .
    The sun did a poll , which she said she would abide by , the public more or less said keep 'em natural , but she went ahead and had them done anyway.
    Fame at all costs !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    She was a page 3 first , she wanted a boob job done but the sun were only featuring natural boobs .
    The sun did a poll , which she said she would abide by , the public more or less said keep 'em natural , but she went ahead and had them done anyway.
    Fame at all costs !

Millions of £££s later it looks like the right choice ..but has come at a massive cost IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No worries, DD, I didn't take it as personal. :) But it is boring to have to keep on explaining why Pete, all on his own, is enough to account for all the well-deserved derision and contempt he gets. Anyway...

Where did anyone say he wasn't? You seem to have set up a Strawman here. I already pointed out that KP only came in to the thread when MissCulture talked about the LA shop argument.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to have watched the reality shows regularly to see in context, that the bit in the LA shop was the accumulation of the years of KP talking to him like sh*t & being a miserable *** and him finally snapping. They were toxic together towards the end.

Ah well, if your new bloke moved himself into YOUR home and was capitalising on YOUR fame and then once he married you he made it perfectly clear his mother meant more to him than you did I am sure you'd speak to him like the cr*p merchant he is too....
This discussion has been closed.