Renewing driving licence.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,513
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a short period driving licence, which is due to expire (I passed my test 2 years ago almost, and it lasts 2 years).
I've recently had all necessary forms, and was wondering if anyone else who has had their licence renewed has encountered any problems whilst doing so. I go on holiday next week for a week, and plan to send all the forms off when I get back so I can send my passport (current licence doesn't expire until August), so I have a couple of weeks to send it off, so any advice would be appreciated.
I was just wondering, for example, how often they get in contact with your doctor/hospital consultant, because I don't really want any delays in this. Anyone had any problems?

Also, on the forms, it keeps referring back to "INFID" ("see section * on INFID"), but I have no idea what this is and whether it'll help me to see it? I've had no booklets or anything.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    I infer that you’re the holder of a short period driving licence that needs to be reviewed due to a medical condition - because of your reference to contacting doctor/hospital.

You may find this page on the DVLA/Direct.gov website helpful:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022092

It covers "When to expect your licence".

Oh, and INFID is not INFID but INF1D, the number of a booklet which the direct.gov website says covers help and guidance on completing the D1 application form. It is, seemingly, available at most Post Office® branches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a diamond, thanks for your help :D

If anyone has had experience of any complications during this process, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks again Cruachan!