Olly Murs leads The X Factor related BRIT awards nominations.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
Forum Member
Olly has two nominations
James Arthur and One Direction have one each.

Categories with X Factor related nominees

British single
Adele - Skyfall
Alex Clare - Too Close
Coldplay featuring Rihanna - Princess Of China
DJ Fresh featuring Rita Ora - Hot Right Now
Emeli Sande - Next To Me
Florence + The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name)
James Arthur - Impossible
Jessie J - Domino
Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful
Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida - Troublemaker
Rita Ora featuring Tinie Tempah - RIP
Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump
Robbie Williams - Candy
Rudimental featuring John Newman - Feel The Love
Stooshe - Black Heart

British Group
Alt-J
Mumford And Sons
Muse
One Direction
The xx

British Male
Ben Howard
Calvin Harris
Olly Murs
Richard Hawley
Plan B

Comments

• String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction have 2 nominations, Best Group and Global Success.:D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/brit-awards/9794206/Brit-Awards-2013-nominations-in-full.html
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »

Ohh, I dont see that mentioned on the DS article here
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a450117/brit-awards-2013-nominations-in-full.html

:) Congrats to them

I assume that's been taylor made for Adele after their hiccup last year :p
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

So is the global success category basically a category to award 1D something without compromising the so-called 'integrity' of the Brits by giving them one of the more prestigious awards?

Seems a bit cynical to me. Not sure why you'd see it as a good thing?
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    So is the global success category basically a category to award 1D something without compromising the so-called 'integrity' of the Brits by giving them one of the more prestigious awards?

Adele is nominated, and she sold faaar many more albums than them... If anything, I would see her as the obvious recipient even if it's a 2011 album.

It's nice for 1D to have been nominated (a way of recognizing their success), but unless the awards are voted by fans, they are not getting any IMHO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never mind 1D - Olly Murs nomiated more than once? Ugh!!!

Do the 'Brits' have integrity?

I still havent got over the shambles that year it was hosted by Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood!!!! Car crash TV!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Adele is nominated, and she sold faaar many more albums than them... If anything, I would see her as the obvious recipient even if it's a 2011 album.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Adele has sort of gone under the radar this year even if she has sold truckloads. I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that they want the ratings that 1D will bring in by having them there performing and potentially accepting this award without actually giving them a 'Best' award - the fact that they haven't been nominated for best single this year speaks volumes, and they haven't got a hope in hell of winning Best Group against the triumvirate of boring that is Mumford, Alt-J and The XX.

I just really despise the Brits and find the whole thing ridiculously cynical and full of its own self-importance. The only category worth getting excited over is the International Female one, as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should change the categories to 'Most Popular'.

'Best' implies that the recipients are better than the rest - which is purely subjective.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »

'Best' implies that the recipients are better than the rest - which is purely subjective.

based on votes, everything is always going to be a populartly contest no matter how they try to change
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Adele has sort of gone under the radar this year even if she has sold truckloads. I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that they want the ratings that 1D will bring in by having them there performing and potentially accepting this award without actually giving them a 'Best' award - the fact that they haven't been nominated for best single this year speaks volumes, and they haven't got a hope in hell of winning Best Group against the triumvirate of boring that is Mumford, Alt-J and The XX.

I just really despise the Brits and find the whole thing ridiculously cynical and full of its own self-importance. The only category worth getting excited over is the International Female one, as usual.

Well, I am left unimpressed by the international female because I don't really like any of them. I wish Pink had been nominated (not that I think she'd have won it, she is usually overlooked anyway).
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I absolutely agree with this comment. The Brits awards have no credibility whatsoever.
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member

I must admit i dislike the brits for the same reason as you ..i remember having the discussion last year about who deserves the awards ..the best single which 1D won was voted by fans but the others i think are panel judged and i did question at that time their motives
    Olly performed at the brits last year and did not get the gong that went to Ed S..
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope we get a rare Emeli Sande performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it's only in music we have this nonsense. Imagine the Booker prize voted by the public - Catherine Cookson would have won about a dozen times - and this year it'd be 50 shades of shite or whatever it's called. And the Turner prize would go to Rolf Harris every year:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, the lesser spotted, notoriously private Emeli Sande. All I want in life is a chance to see this pop recluse taking to the fabled Brit stage to be given the chance to prove herself. Won't someone give her a break?!
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    it's only in music we have this nonsense. Imagine the Booker prize voted by the public - Catherine Cookson would have won about a dozen times - and this year it'd be 50 shades of shite or whatever it's called. And the Turner prize would go to Rolf Harris every year:)
    Had to laugh at this ..started to read fifty shades of whatever put it down after the first chapter because the writing and plot was sh**te
    Nobody told me to start on page 150???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the lesser spotted, notoriously private Emeli Sande. All I want in life is a chance to see this pop recluse taking to the fabled Brit stage to be given the chance to prove herself. Won't someone give her a break?!

Once she gets the Graham Norton show out of the way tomorrow apparently she's going into hiding for a fortnight.

Forget about Bowie, Emeli's brits appearance is set to be the comeback moment of 2013
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once she gets the Graham Norton show out of the way tomorrow apparently she's going into hiding for a fortnight.

Forget about Bowie, Emeli's brits appearance is set to be the comeback moment of 2013

:D:D:D Actually I am just starting to like her..........Maybe it is the force feeding. I do like her new song :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to laugh at this ..started to read fifty shades of whatever put it down after the first chapter because the writing and plot was sh**te
    Nobody told me to start on page 150???

:D:D:D I am book three quarter way through and have been for the last 3 months.........you right the writing and plot is sh*te but not as repetitve and boring as the sex :D:D
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why people are complaining about Emeli being over exposed, all the previous winners of the Brits critics choice award Adele, Jessie J, Ellie Goulding had similar exposure, if not more.
    Looking forward to seeing Tom Odell everywhere this year.:D:cool:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if ever, that will be the very first performance of hers that i'll be able to catch. i heard she really needed lots of encouragement to get out of her semi-retirement.;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    if ever, that will be the very first performance of hers that i'll be able to catch. i heard she really needed lots of encouragement to get out of her semi-retirement.;)

I wish she could put more posters and adverts on, I never seem to catch her. I really wish she would convince her management to let her do more TV songs.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Olly Murs is hot, 1D is not as simple as that. I <3 Olly!!!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    One Direction are NOT 'nominated' for the Global Success award, it is simply awarded to the UK act with the highest international sales during 2012. There are NO nominees, just a straight winner.
    The brand new BRITs Global Success Award, which highlights the phenomenal achievement British artists have had internationally in 2012, will also be presented at this year’s Awards ceremony. The recipient will be the act with the highest international sales during the 2012 calendar year. These figures exclude UK sales.

http://www.noise11.com/news/bruce-springsteen-and-rolling-stones-nominated-for-brit-awards-20130111

As such there are no nominees listed for that award on the BRITS official website: http://www.brits.co.uk/news/2013/brit-awards-2013-nominees-announced-0

Some poor journalism from some sources who obviously failed to do their research.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow!! 1D included in the shortlist for the top Global Brit Success of 2012? I'll take that!!:eek::D

Also can't wait for their performance at the Brits Awards itself!!;)