Help with new Hudl

peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
Forum Member
Got my new Hudl today, topped up the battery for three hours and opened up. The first thing was to connect to the WiFi, did everything I should and it will not connect. What do I do now?
Many thanks.

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Got my new Hudl today, topped up the battery for three hours and opened up. The first thing was to connect to the WiFi, did everything I should and it will not connect. What do I do now?
    Many thanks.

Is there any error messages?
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Either it can't find webpage.
    or it says it needs internet connection

I'm on bt, i've put the password in, repeatedly, but it won't connect.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on bt, i've put the password in, repeatedly, but it won't connect.
    Just checking - which password?

It needs to be the password for your wi-fi network (officially called the "network key"). This is probably different to the password you use to log in to BT, and also probably different to the password you use to log in to the router admin functions.
    Forum Member
    It's the one on a little stick on top of the router, and it says Admin password, is that the one?
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the one on a little stick on top of the router, and it says Admin password, is that the one?
    Probably not. That's probably for accessing the router's admin functions (amazing!), which you do via an IP address from your web browser. The network key is probably something different.

I guess you really need somebody familiar with BT routers (I think they call them hubs?) to give you some advice.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's NOT the admin password that you need - use the password on the other side.
    Forum Member
    I put the other number in and it said An Internet connection is required. I don't understand. And now when I look at BTHub3-WKTQ it says "connected" but still nothing happens.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put the other number in and it said An Internet connection is required. I don't understand. And now when I look at BTHub3-WKTQ it says "connected" but still nothing happens.

Have a look at this http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3552
    Forum Member
    psionic - YOU are a miracle, it worked!! So grateful. You have made an old lady very happy, bless you xxx