ID an actor or SF film

TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
Forum Member
✭✭
I was talking to a colleague about some films from the 1970s when I couldn't remember one actor's name.

His first name is Richard or Robert. He's been in so many TV films and theatrical films during the 1970s and the 1980s, but usually in supporting roles. I think he died during the 1990s at a quite young age. Around 40? He has dark hair and wide-set dark blue eyes, and he usually plays sensitive-guy or misguided-villain roles. He has the sad-puppy look. Looks the type to be a priest, to be honest.

His most famous role is for a SF film (which I'm trying to recall as well) in which he pursuits the hero (fair-haired actor). Both wear black bodysuits, I think? They're friends until the hero does something that forces him to go on a run. Robert/Richard is commanded to find and kill the hero.

The only vivid scene I can recall is a group of people rising up through air in a spiral turn. I think it's something to do with rebirth? Patchy memory, sorry. :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Jordan?

Logan's Run?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bugloss wrote: »
    Richard Jordan?

Logan's Run?

Thank you. I can't believe I couldn't recall both. :o Ahem. Again, thanks.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also played Duncan Idaho in Lynch's Dune.

Great actor (in films like Friends Of Eddie Coyle) and died too soon. :(
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    He was good in The Hunt for Red October "Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open."

Gone way too soon.