Official COD4 Digital Spy Elite Clan Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All future Digital Spy Elite posts in here. This is where i will update with fixtures and such.

Team members as of 12/03/08

JX23
Galvinho
pdbpdb
Redgengis
LinkinFighter
geordie8468
jimbo_79

We are signed up to this tournament

http://www.ps3-ladders.com/modules.php?name=Tournaments&tournament=1

It will go active once 8 teams have joined. 7 so far so son i should think. Keep checking for updates as we may get challenged by other teams.

Here is the ladder itself

http://www.ps3-ladders.com/modules.php?name=NukeLadder&op=ladderhome&sid=1

We currently have 7 members but am hoping for 10-12 so will hold trials or invite people in. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you all gone by the time I get online. Had to be content with shooting redgengis with my desert eagle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck lads!!! Us DSpy minions will be watching with much interest. Go get em!

:)
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who got through then JX?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its pretty safe to say Papa qualifies! Dawn Jamie came close just a bot more experience. Kecksie impressed on Domination by getting lots of flag but too many deaths.
  • beneve2008beneve2008 Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I impressed by my massive rate of deaths.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robinhO wrote: »

Me too...LOL

Outstanding!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too much time sniping and not getting kills! On Ambush you were in 2 of the best rooms to snipe from for ages but didnt get anyone! Sniping can be difficult if no one else is doing it was only snipers tend to stand still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never tried spectating. Do you do it from one persons perspective or do you get to see the whole map?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I've never tried spectating. Do you do it from one persons perspective or do you get to see the whole map?

Eh! How do you spectate..

[Sorry JX not thread based I know] :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I missed the trials lastnight will there be more for the A Team or is that it now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JX23 wrote: »
    Well its pretty safe to say Papa qualifies! Dawn Jamie came close just a bot more experience. Kecksie impressed on Domination by getting lots of flag but too many deaths.

Those 3 and Yeti stood out in the match that I spectated on (domination on pipeline). I got booted out after that. Did you do trials on any of the other game modes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much time sniping and not getting kills! On Ambush you were in 2 of the best rooms to snipe from for ages but didnt get anyone! Sniping can be difficult if no one else is doing it was only snipers tend to stand still.

True. I have racked up massive kills from the small side of the road house. But your bang on. If no one is sniping then im f&*ked..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are signed up to this tournament

http://www.ps3-ladders.com/modules.php?name=Tournaments&tournament=1

It will go active once 8 teams have joined. 7 so far so son i should think. Keep checking for updates as we may get challenged by other teams.

The S&D tourney is only being played on these 3 maps:

Map 1 Crossfire

Map 2 District

Map 3 Vacant

We should get some practice in against some of the other Dspyers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to admit Crossfire is probably my new favourite map.

"Snipers paradise"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to admit Crossfire is probably my new favourite map.

"Snipers paradise"

It's my favorite "snipers paradise" kill-a-thon. Oh the joy of UAV jammer, dead silence and Silenced AK47-U.

Heaven is a place on Crossfire filled with Snipers. Love it:D

So many kills so little deaths.

Played 2 games on it last night and most where sniping from both ends of the map, took some sprinting but when you find 3 of them all just stood there, well you can't not take them all out!!
    Forum Member
    Darobi wrote: »
    It's my favorite "snipers paradise" kill-a-thon. Oh the joy of UAV jammer, dead silence and Silenced AK47-U.

Played 2 games on it last night and most where sniping from both ends of the map, took some sprinting but when you find 3 of them all just stood there, well you can't not take them all out!!

Aye I know that if i'm on a kill streak of 4 or 6 all i need to do is position myself to spot a sniper before he spots me and bingo I get my lovely airstrike/heli :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've got my best k/d ratio killing snipers on that map. I love it because I know where they all go and I have my own favourite spots and the M16A4 has excellent range so that snipers can be picked off from miles away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate crossfile, snipers ruin it for us run and gunners. Where do you hide ?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stattospur wrote: »

If you use the M16A4 you can kill people from one end of the map to the other and you are guaranteed to find snipers in all the buildings so find some little spots and get in there quick before you get spotted. It's easy to predict where they will go so it's all about finding a spot and waiting for them...and they show up sure enough:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stattospur wrote: »

Stay off the road and just go through the buildings on either side.

They are usually at the top of the hill overlooking A or near C at the bottom of the road. There a couple of more places but the other two are the main ones.

For a team game crossfire is probable the worst for snipers as you can end with 3-4 out of 6 people trying to snipe.

Good for me though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darobi wrote: »

Definitely. The best thing is they always go back to the same place even after you've got the kill so always worth leaving a couple of craftily placed clays waiting for them.

This is the easiest map to complete the 'misery loves company' challenge too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't use sniping guns so the M16A4 acts as my sniper:)With stopping power it takes two shots to kill them and if you get a headshot its one shot one kill
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    I can't use sniping guns so the M16A4 acts as my sniper:)With stopping power it takes two shots to kill them and if you get a headshot its one shot one kill

With deep impact too and your laughin :D thats my weapon of choice :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the trials? I was online and didn't receive an invite...contented myself with 3 x 120+ kill games Shipment HQ instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_79 wrote: »
    The S&D tourney is only being played on these 3 maps:

Map 1 Crossfire

Map 2 District

Map 3 Vacant

We should get some practice in against some of the other Dspyers.

Ok we can get some practice in over the weekend on these maps :)