What's Craig David doing now?

JimmyCarrFanJimmyCarrFan Posts: 160
Forum Member
Not a fan, but often wondered what he was getting up to these days, writing/producing for other people perhaps?

Is he still living in that Miami hotel?

Comments

• TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as it's almost Sunday I assume he's getting ready to chill.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiki says

He is recording a new album with Universal

https://twitter.com/CraigDavid/status/292078810214563840
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His debut album is actually really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did his career bomb so spectacularly anyway? I know people cite the Bo Selecta thing as the main reason but it can't take just one appearance to destroy someone can it?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did a documentary with Fearne Cotton a few years ago and he was living in Miami in a big house, driving sports cars, mingling with attractive women and opening a night club.

So clearly, he's been enjoying life.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taking a dump
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    He just scanned my groceries at Aldi.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pushups

probably
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emptying his piss sack.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan, but often wondered what he was getting up to these days, writing/producing for other people perhaps?

Is he still living in that Miami hotel?

He still lives in Miami, but travels A LOT. Has his own DJ show in the UK on Capital Xtra. Has an album coming out this year, but there's no rush to release it. He's minted because he put most his music money into investments.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably laying on the beach in Miami south beach , flexing his muscles .
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did his career bomb so spectacularly anyway? I know people cite the Bo Selecta thing as the main reason but it can't take just one appearance to destroy someone can it?!

Craig david came out at a time when Garage and R&B music was dominating. Especially Garage. But Garage no longer around and R&b no longer as popular as it once was, i think this harmed him. Plus the fact his material was just damn right awful. Just a brilliant example of an artist who came in the charts at the right time, but a time that didn't stand too long.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Hanging out with our Kez most likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    He still lives in Miami, but travels A LOT. Has his own DJ show in the UK on Capital Xtra. Has an album coming out this year, but there's no rush to release it. He's minted because he put most his music money into investments.

This ^

Still does a lot of shows overseas both as an artist and for his Dj'ing "TS5" and also has his own music publishing company.

Toured Europe last year and debuted a new song "Less Is More" which is pretty solid, check out live versions on YouTube.

In terms of new album he is mainly working with Marshall (formerly Ignorants) but also working with the likes of Harvey Mason Jnr/Underdogs so he's going back to R&B and making the music he wants to make.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »

It's actually really refreshing to hear of a famous person being good with their money. Kudos to him.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Exclusive footage from today on the bus.

http://youtu.be/gpOA8AMZG8M
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Hanging out with our Kez most likely.
    homer2012 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    Who is Craig David?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craaaiiiiiiigggggg Daaaavvvvviiiiddddd!!!!
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Making love?
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    He gets a lot of flack these days but I must say, his first album is brilliant. His 2nd album was average and I couldn't tell you any of his singles or albums since then.
  • JimmyCarrFanJimmyCarrFan Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    So what did he invest in?
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Why is it so shocking to people that he's still rich? Of course he would be. Have people forgotten how many hits he had? Even if he didn't invest his money he'd probably be well off.

It's different with pop groups, since the singers in those tend to get a lot less money for numerous reasons.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Why is it so shocking to people that he's still rich? Of course he would be. Have people forgotten how many hits he had? Even if he didn't invest his money he'd probably be well off.

It's different with pop groups, since the singers in those tend to get a lot less money for numerous reasons.

A friends ex husband had a music studio around about at that time. He used to get lots of young Craig David lookalikes wanting records done. So yes Craig David was around the right place at the right time.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    taking a dump
    dee123 wrote: »
    He just scanned my groceries at Aldi.
    Emptying his piss sack.
    homer2012 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D