where is the IR sensor on Sky HD BOX?

GBCULLENGBCULLEN Posts: 1,129
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want to a video sender and be able to control box from other room but at the moment I cant find the exact loation of the ir receiver on the Sky Hd box?

Is it very cleverly disguised or hidden?

gb--

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about 15mm left of the telephone symbol on the front panel of the thompson boxes if that helps.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if you're planning on a 2.4GHz video sender or a 5.8GHz one, but if it's 5.8GHz could you post back if you find one that passes the Sky HD remote signals back as the ones I've tried from Maplin don't work. I'd assumed it was just a faulty unit but the guy in there said that Sky HD uses IRDA rather than IR. I know that Virgin used to do this but hadn't realised Sky HD do as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Well the guy in Maplin is talking nonsense - Sky use standard RC5 IR codes and not IRDA.

I would suggest testing the sender with another piece of kit to see it the IR is working, could well be faulty IR on the sender.

The IR recevier window is in the same place on the Sky HD boxes - to the LHS of the telephone indicator on the front panel. If you need an exact location thenshine a torch in this area, it will show up the semi-transparent circle on the front panel label.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Bloke wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're planning on a 2.4GHz video sender or a 5.8GHz one, but if it's 5.8GHz could you post back if you find one that passes the Sky HD remote signals back as the ones I've tried from Maplin don't work. I'd assumed it was just a faulty unit but the guy in there said that Sky HD uses IRDA rather than IR. I know that Virgin used to do this but hadn't realised Sky HD do as well.

I use one of these it works with Sky HD and Freesat HDR's fine. 5.8ghz version.