Rylan will be presenting on Daybreak for a week

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
Forum Member
✭✭
Im glad he's getting lots of job offers- hope he gets a permanent role on TV soon!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/96567/X-Factor-Reject-Rylan-Clark-Lands-Day-Break-Presenting-Job

Comments

• Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's wicked! I'm so hoping he'll be on CBB in january :)
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Everyone loves him and no doubt the viewers will too so he'll probably get a role somewhere.
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how true this is but did hear that he'll be on the TOWIE Christmas special. Glad the works coming in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valezio wrote: »
    Don't know how true this is but did hear that he'll be on the TOWIE Christmas special. Glad the works coming in.

Yes i read that he would be too (but only in a cameo role). Obviously if he was to join properly with a main part they'd have to work him into a storyline.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Helen90 wrote: »

I'd rather he did the jungle!
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Rylan did very well when rapidly reading from the autocue at the end of Xtra Factor as he and Caroline introduced Olly singing on stage. And he displayed great composure on live television. Hope he does well.

Graham Norton started off by filling in at Jack Docherty's talk show and proved to be such a hit that he got his own show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he does well. I love him. He just has to stop crying and he'll be sorted :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wan't him to do well but i think going on CBB would be a bad move, As much as I would wan't to watch him I think he shoudl try getting jobs as now is the right time for opportunities ie daybreak not another participant on a show. If it does not work out then do it next year if asked.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Get money, bish.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen90 wrote: »

Oh boy, I registered that as CBeebies at first! Really couldn't see him presenting Show me Show me, or Something Special with Justin!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wan't him to do well but i think going on CBB would be a bad move, As much as I would wan't to watch him I think he shoudl try getting jobs as now is the right time for opportunities ie daybreak not another participant on a show. If it does not work out then do it next year if asked.

He'll be on tour for the next cbb i think anyway...maybe the next one though, i still think he'd like to do it at some point, he applied when he was 18 apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beepbeep77 wrote: »
    Im glad he's getting lots of job offers- hope he gets a permanent role on TV soon!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/96567/X-Factor-Reject-Rylan-Clark-Lands-Day-Break-Presenting-Job

Just as well I don't watch it.

As it's mainly the kids that like him - they should put him on the kids shows, not the adult ones.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, a reason to watch Daybreak every day now! :D

Can't wait to see him presenting, he should take over Richard Arnold's role for good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, a reason to watch Daybreak every day now! :D

Can't wait to see him presenting, he should take over Richard Arnold's role for good.

That won't happen. :D

You haven't seen him in action yet as a presenter, yet you say he should have a permanent role - how daft is that!

He will haunt our screens for a few months - but quickly disappear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abigail05 wrote: »
    That won't happen. :D

You haven't seen him in action yet as a presenter, yet you say he should have a permanent role - how daft is that!

He will haunt our screens for a few months - but quickly disappear.
    I know he'll be an excellent host, he's just got that way about him, he's perfect for the role.

I'm sure he'll be around a lot longer than you expect. ;)
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well I don't watch it.

As it's mainly the kids that like him - they should put him on the kids shows, not the adult ones.

Hilarious! :D:D:D

I believe it's mainly adults who love him as they can see what a very nice funny and intelligent chap Rylan is, but those who believe it's only children who are his fans are welcome to watch this space because Rylan is here to stay. :)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Daybreak's desperation for viewers knows no bounds.

I would advise him not to hang around too long on that knacker's horse of a show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Hilarious! :D:D:D

I believe it's mainly adults who love him as they can see what a very nice funny and intelligent chap Rylan is, but those who believe it's only children who are his fans are welcome to watch this space because Rylan is here to stay. :)

He may be nice and even intelligent - that, however, doesn't make him a good tv presenter. :D

If we made every nice, intelligent person a tv presenter/personality - the world would be overrun with them. Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

By the way - the expressions, words come cheap and actions speak louder than words might just come into play here. Here to stay hey - Hilarious. :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I'd rather he did the jungle!

Unfortunately the next Jungle won't be on for another year ;)
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may be nice and even intelligent - that, however, doesn't make him a good tv presenter. :D

If we made every nice, intelligent person a tv presenter/personality - the world would be overrun with them. Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

By the way - the expressions, words come cheap and actions speak louder than words might just come into play here. Here to stay hey - Hilarious. :D

Yes, isn't it hilarious just how Rylan is going to succeed despite such surety he can't by some? Against all odds. I'll truly find a use for this smile: :D

And then I'll be happily using the following smilie: :)

I heartily agree with this: Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

Yet many have flourished. I envision Rylan Clark thriving in his career and wish him well. :cool:

btw, I despise all the smilies used by DS, but, hey, I'll use them in an effort to communicate with those who enjoy them. :rolleyes:
  • claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    see, this is exactly why i never liked rylan. apart from his obvious lack of talent, he is only interested in being famous - he doesnt actually care how he does it.

as evidenced in the fact he is like geri halliwell and has tried every reality show in the book in order to get his ugly mug on tv . its not about being a singer, its not about making music or being a recording artist. he just wants to be famous. throw shit at a wall enough times eventually something will stick.

im sorry, but he just about epitomises what is wrong with shows like this - encouraging young people to just seek out fame and money - doesnt matter if youre talented, doesnt matter if youre an idiot, as long as youre on tv youll make more money in a year than a junior doctor. jedward et al - the same.

if he was really serious about music or being a singer he would be concentrating on a music career and being taken seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    alsmama wrote: »
    Oh boy, I registered that as CBeebies at first! Really couldn't see him presenting Show me Show me, or Something Special with Justin!

It would certainly liven it up for us mums who are forced to watch these shows! Would rather Rylan to Justin any day! Shame it isn't true. :D
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for our Rylan! I'm so pleased for him - and he's someone who should be on our TVs 24/7 just to annoy his detractors! I think Rylan is definitely succeeding in show-biz because of all that charisma he has. So what if he wants to be famous - it's not a crime.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least, unlike that cretin Louis Spence, Rylan is likeable. I can see why he's being bombarded with offers...however he should be careful when it comes to overexposure. He is a novelty, I don't think he'd be so amusing to watch if he was in our faces all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see, this is exactly why i never liked rylan. apart from his obvious lack of talent, he is only interested in being famous - he doesnt actually care how he does it.

as evidenced in the fact he is like geri halliwell and has tried every reality show in the book in order to get his ugly mug on tv . its not about being a singer, its not about making music or being a recording artist. he just wants to be famous. throw shit at a wall enough times eventually something will stick.

im sorry, but he just about epitomises what is wrong with shows like this - encouraging young people to just seek out fame and money - doesnt matter if youre talented, doesnt matter if youre an idiot, as long as youre on tv youll make more money in a year than a junior doctor. jedward et al - the same.

if he was really serious about music or being a singer he would be concentrating on a music career and being taken seriously.
    No, he entered the show to have a music career, and that's what he would like ideally. He's just not ruling anything out and taking any opportunity that comes his way, which is a great attitude to have. I'd do the exact same thing in his position. He's tried for XFactor before, entered the Essex Factor and came in runner-up place, he's also been writing his own songs for years. So to say he's not interested in music is a complete false statement.

Sure he's done modelling and would most probably enter many types of different reality tv shows, but whyever not? It equals money and fame, I'd say go for it.