Does any woman get fitted for a bra?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    is a common problem?

My sister's bra straps seem to always need adjustment she is constantly fiddling with them and because of this she has to wear sleeveless tops a lot so she can access the straps and pull them up easier when they fall down.

She spends a lot of cash on tops, shoes etc. but seems to always have the same bra problem for a long time.

That's often because the back size is too big. When it's too big a size the straps are attached too far out at back of the shoulders so they fall down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    I think bravissimo are good for fitting.

Agree they are good. Best thing I ever did was to get a proper fitting. :)
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noted that isn't your stereotypical granny bra, but its not my preferred bra design type. Also, my local store never have any bras like/similar to the one you put a link to in store in my size.
    A lot of the women around here are very svelte chested/ backed so guess they go with what the majority need, which means its a no go bra zone for me.

I agree with you, I have recently sent a complaint to M&S because of the lack of bras in my size, 32G. They have got worse recently, the last couple of times I have been in there have been few bras to chose from. They were either granny bras or completely inappropriate styles for a bust my size.

I got fitted at a local Fenwick store, the lady that dealt with me knew exactly what she was doing.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a fitting at R&P in my 20's: the woman was a legend...she eyed me up, and without even using a tape measure, brought me a perfect fit first time. I love it when people are exceptionally good at their job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to go to M&S for fittings but discovered they were useless when they measured me at a 40B from a 42DD despite losing over 4st in weight. I also went to Debenhams but was left waiting in a changing room for over 20 minutes waiting for someone to come measure me so just walked out and went to a little independent shop who measured me at a 36C. Bit of a difference!!
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got measured up for a bra and decided after years of back ache I went to Bravissimo to finally get properly measured. I went in as a C cup and walked out as an E cup! All the years of buying a wrong sized bra, I doubled my cup size for £66.00 and my back ache vanished. Now I go to my Marks and Spencer store close by still get measured up and get lovely fitted bra although sometimes dependent on style it varies slightly

Forgot to add Marks do have limited styles in my cup size which is a shame
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I Forgot to add Marks do have limited styles in my cup size which is a shame

I feel like crying every time I try and go bra shopping in Marks. There do seem to be an awful lot of granny style bras in there. There isn't really anywhere else where I live for women with big boobs apart from Debenhams/La Senza, and they don't have a huge range either.

I haven't had a bra fitting for a few years. Last time I had one in Marks they insisted I was a 30 back size, even though the 30 bras I was wearing left me with huge red indentation marks and were so tight they felt like I was wearing a corset. I gave up after that and just buy bras through trial and error. If there was a Bravissimo near me I'd go in there and get fitted but there isn't. I probably should go and get fitted really - the problem is that the first place I put on weight is in my chest, even if it's only a few pounds it can make my boobs feel bigger, so I think I'm going to need to buy a few different bra sizes as my weight fluctuates a bit, like most women's.
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    When I first started to wear a bra mine kind of appeared literally overnight in my mid-teens, so mum took me to M&S to get measured and they measured me as a 32D.

A few months back I went to La Senza for a fitting as I hadn't been for one for a while and they measured me as a 34DD, so I bought a couple in that size but found no matter how I adjusted the straps or the back I kept falling out :o

While out with my cousin she asked me to go in Bravissimo with her so I asked them could they check me out/measure me up and the lady said 'La Senza have totally messed up you shouldn't be wearing a 34 back, you're more like a 32DD'. She went away and came back with some in a 32DD and it was the perfect fit. She done that just by looking at me :eek:

So if anyone wants a proper fitting I suggest Bravissimo.

Nikki :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Bravissimo every time. Cant go wrong.
    As a lady with ahem...ample clevage (38G at the last count!) I would never go anywhere else.