Snapchat on Galaxy Tab 2

copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
Forum Member
✭✭
My daughter wants snapchat on her galaxy tab, but when I try to download it a message appears saying Device incompatible.

Any ideas of a way round it?

Comments

• SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked this one out and snapchat is compatible with all my devices except my Tab 2. The only thing I can think of being the reason is because it needs a 3G connection because that’s the only thing that sets my Android devices apart in that the Tab 2 is the only device I have that’s not 3G though it could be the Android version.

You can download and install the app by doing a Google for “snapchat apk” then install from your download folder though this does not mean it will work but it does sometimes.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's the app for sending dirty pictures to each other, right?
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    that's the app for sending dirty pictures to each other, right?

.........:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Just checked this one out and snapchat is compatible with all my devices except my Tab 2. The only thing I can think of being the reason is because it needs a 3G connection because that’s the only thing that sets my Android devices apart in that the Tab 2 is the only device I have that’s not 3G though it could be the Android version.

You can download and install the app by doing a Google for “snapchat apk” then install from your download folder though this does not mean it will work but it does sometimes.

I've downloaded the apk file, found it in downloads, how do i install it?.....If I tap it a message appears saying cannot open file....am I doing something wrong?
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    copthis1 wrote: »
    I've downloaded the apk file, found it in downloads, how do i install it?.....If I tap it a message appears saying cannot open file....am I doing something wrong?

You need to give permission for the app to run.

Go to the Setting menu > Security menu and tick the box that says something like “Unknown Sources” then it will load but again I have to add that does not mean it will work but at least you know.

Just to add to my statement “then it will load” this means when you go back to the downloaded file and touch on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did and it don't.

It looks greyed out.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says it isn't compatible with my 3G tab2