Have you ever bawled your eyes out over a cartoon/animated film?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a little cry at the end of Doug: The Movie. I was only like 8 though.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    porshacat wrote: »
    The Plague Dogs.
    I had to stop watching

I had a dog who looked like Snitter and I just thought of him going through the same as Snitter

It just upset me too much, hubby told me it had a happy ending but my son said only in the book and not the film

I dont want to hear of a non happy ending:o
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Watership Down, but my brother was on deployment to Iraq and I had a horrible dream.....

The Iron Giant, pure genius, traditional animation (with a bit of CGI put in there) which I fear is an art form dying out from the likes of computer animation. Hate Pixar and their output.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Lady and the Tramp, The Lion King, Bambi, The Last Unicorn..... I cry at pretty much everything, I enjoy it. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I watched UP today and I swear the first half hour of this film is the saddest thing I've seen in ages.

I feel so silly crying over an animated film but it was really sad.

I was the same when I watched it over Xmas.
    Sat down to watch what I thought was a kids cartoon and was sobbing for the 1st 30 minutes!
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't bawl my eyes out, but shed a few tears when Bambi's mother was killed whilst watching as a child. It felt sad at the time.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grave of the Fireflies it just well you know "eating dirt" and it did change my opinion of animated films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't bawl, but quite often shed a few tears.

Bolt got me, as did Up.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being taken to see Bambi when I was very young and quite sad at that.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Howls Moving Castle, twice. The first time I don't fully remember why but the second time when I thought the scarecrow died.

And the end of Toy Story 3.

Oh and Bambi, when the Mom gets shot.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Iron Giant, the Fox & the Hound, Dumbo...
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't "bawl" but I wept somewhat during the Pokemon Movie when Ash got turned to stone.

Boy, that was sad.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a movie but my son loves to watch The Snowman and the new Snowman and the Snowdog. The music always makes me well up and the bit at the end where he melts and in the new one where his dog dies but then the Snowdog becomes real. Also the songs by Andy Burrows, especially Hometown (flying hone) always makes me shiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5k5qRra8ns&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like to point out that although Disney is always accused of being sickly sweet, it's noticeable from this thread how many of their films pull no punches when it comes to upsetting the audience.

When people say with a sneer "it's been Disneyfied" I always wonder if they mean the unexpected killing off of character or the unrelenting misery they put their heroes/heroines through.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Early Disney films in particular could be very dark and sometimes upsetting :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cry very easily so I cry in them all. As a result I've never seen Bambi, Watership Down, Dumbo etc

Worst I've cried in though was Rugrat's in Paris
  • kramstan70kramstan70 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Wall-E and Watership Down
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The land before time, when the mother dinosaur dies. Awful! Having said that, I was 12 and it was my first Xmas since I lost my own mum!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I'm worst when I see The Land Before Time and The Lion King - for Littlefoot's mother and Mufasa. I didn't cry when I was really young, though. Only after I turned 11 or 12, and I really understood what the death of an older family member meant.

Other that get me are Watership Down, Tarzan (when the baby gorilla gets eaten), which I saw in the cinema. Worst birthday present ever for a little girl who loved animals.:cry: I couldn't watch it for years afterwards. Oh, and the Snowman!

Films that made me tear up (but not cry completely):
    Dumbo
    Up
    Wall-E
    The Iron Giant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( Scarred for life when bawling my eyes out at "Bambi" which set me up for loads of animated cry jags. Off the top of my head "Toy Story 2 & 3", "Lady and The Tramp" (I only have to see a dog, real or animated) and I'm off, "Lion King" and, if you can include it "Babe"

There's loads more, but never having seen "Up" I'm going to search it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not gonna lie, but if you, like me, were a child born in the 90's and grew up with Pokemon, you cried when Ash sacrificed himself in the first movie the first time you saw it. Let's face it, anyone who claims they didn't is a liar :P
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Seen pretty much all the moves mentioned.. only one made me shed a tear.

Grave of the Fireflies!

Im sure it was made to make you cry.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Grave of the Fireflies has to be one of the saddest movies ever made in any genre :(

Pixar movies sneak up on me though. Cars gets me almost every time with the song "Our Town" about how the mother road faded away - my reaction always surprises me, but it is a wonderful song.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Seen pretty much all the moves mentioned.. only one made me shed a tear.

Grave of the Fireflies!

Im sure it was made to make you cry.

I don't think it was made to make you cry, more hope things will get better....:eek:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Grave of the Fireflies has to be one of the saddest movies ever made in any genre :(

Pixar movies sneak up on me though. Cars gets me almost every time with the song "Our Town" about how the mother road faded away - my reaction always surprises me, but it is a wonderful song.

I've never heard that song before (or seen Cars) so I just played the song and felt something inside :( It's a lovely song.