Derek Acorah cancels appearance due to "unforseen circumstances!"

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This video features an awesome breakdown of a reading which a satisfied customer remembered as being very accurate with the medium (Maureen Flynn) only mentioning about "half a dozen" similar-sounding names. In actual fact, she tried her luck with thirty-seven different names.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSPto8rvvs

Without even watching the whole video, a true psychic should never need to ask anything. As soon as any TV psychic starts asking questions, this is a dead giveaway that they're fake.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Without even watching the whole video, a true psychic should never need to ask anything. As soon as any TV psychic starts asking questions, this is a dead giveaway that they're fake.
    I would love to see a true psychic who can perform an accurate reading without having to fish for clues. So would the scientific community.:D
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Thank you Sam...................

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    haha I think 'unforseen circumstances' is a very poor choice of words considering his 'profession' :D
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he give up smoking and stay off it?(channel 5 show, nearly 2 yrs ago?)
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    This video features an awesome breakdown of a reading which a satisfied customer remembered as being very accurate with the medium (Maureen Flynn) only mentioning about "half a dozen" similar-sounding names. In actual fact, she tried her luck with thirty-seven different names.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSPto8rvvs

Great video. If you try 37 rather common names, it's easy to get a few 'hits'. And throw in an oxygen mask, or heart/lung problems, maybe cancer, and you've got instant success.

I'd love for them to do this with an actor, I'm sure he or she could get the same amount of 'hits'.
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Mary loves Dick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

All his possessors were always scouse

Made me laugh.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may/12/psychic-claims-james-randi-paranormal

Interesting article about psychics attempting Randi's challenge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may/12/psychic-claims-james-randi-paranormal

Interesting article about psychics attempting Randi's challenge

I'm not reading all that, but I'm guessing that everyone that's claimed they're psychic has failed the challenge. I don't think he'll ever have anyone coming to see him that passes his challenge. I challenge you, 'psychic' Sally, to take up his challenge. She wouldn't though, she'd just make up some pathetic excuse as to why she wouldn't do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not reading all that, but I'm guessing that everyone that's claimed they're psychic has failed the challenge. I don't think he'll ever have anyone coming to see him that passes his challenge. I challenge you, 'psychic' Sally, to take up his challenge. She wouldn't though, she'd just make up some pathetic excuse as to why she wouldn't do it.
    That's because psychic powers are reliable enough to be performed on demand for undiscerning theatregoers, but unreliable when tested formally. You see, sceptics give off something called "negative energy" which conveniently makes psychic powers disappear.:D
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Sam...................

I actually snorted with laughter :D
  • bathlampbathlamp Posts: 191
    Forum Member

How could Most Haunted set Derek up? Are you saying there really was a ghost whose name was an anagram of Derek Faker and they made-up the story of the planted name?

The Most Haunted crew basically fed Derek some false info about a made-up ghost and then Derek got posessed by the ghost. It was a good way to set up someone you want to get rid of from your show..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bathlamp wrote: »
    The Most Haunted crew basically fed Derek some false info about a made-up ghost and then Derek got posessed by the ghost. It was a good way to set up someone you want to get rid of from your show..
    I know that because I brought up the subject. I was responding to the claim by Bolls that "there may have been some interested parties who had a good reason to discredit Derek as he left one programme to embark on another."

I was just pointing out that Derek discredited himself by taking the bait. It seems bizarre to me that someone like Bolls would blame "interested parties" at Most Haunted, rather than Derek Acorah himself.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I actually snorted with laughter :D

We always laugh about Sam, as in my early days of watching Most Haunted, I didnt have a clue who Derek Acorah was supposedly talking to, I asked, "Who the hell is Sam" to much amusement from my daughter and she has cheeked me with it from then.

Glad I made you have a chuckle:D
  • bathlampbathlamp Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I know that because I brought up the subject. I was responding to the claim by Bolls that "there may have been some interested parties who had a good reason to discredit Derek as he left one programme to embark on another."

I was just pointing out that Derek discredited himself by taking the bait. It seems bizarre to me that someone like Bolls would blame "interested parties" at Most Haunted, rather than Derek Acorah himself.

Well the Most Haunted crew did plant the bait in the first place, so it's a bit of both. I think it was a case of Derek trusting the MH crew more than they trusted him.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was never a ghost of a chance of him showing up.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    bathlamp wrote: »
    I think it was a case of Derek trusting the MH crew more than they trusted him.

Of course, this prompts the question: how many fake "ghosts" was he possessed by when they did trust him?
  • Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, there's no wind here.

You're so funny zx50. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're so funny zx50. :D

I aim to please. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a scouser what do you expect?

They would steal the lead of your pencil and Derek is a crowd stealer of peoples minds with regards to talking to the dead sigh!
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    If he is what has been reported, isnt it just dreadful that so many genuine grieving people have been conned. Any fake clairvoyant/medium if they dupe people are the lowest of the low by preying on the vulnerable at their lowest ebb.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly happen with him and Most Haunted?

The makers of the programme found out that he didn't actually know any of the info he was spouting to the camera. He was found out to be a fake, so he was dismissed from the programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    The makers of the programme found out that he didn't actually know any of the info he was spouting to the camera. He was found out to be a fake, so he was dismissed from the programme.

Did Kreed Kafer tell them to let him go? :p
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is what has been reported, isnt it just dreadful that so many genuine grieving people have been conned. Any fake clairvoyant/medium if they dupe people are the lowest of the low by preying on the vulnerable at their lowest ebb.

Yes gillidew - I am sure some of them even believe it themselves - but oh dont get me started - e.g. I understand Doris Stokes PR team would scour the local papers when she was on tour for a recent tragedy and would cold call to offer free tickets to the bereaved family.., (allegedly - see Derren Browns book for more detail...) Of course the deceased would come through...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Derek does Randi's challenge sometime soon. That would be a show worth watching. :p