FarCry 3

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Traded in Black Ops 2 for this and got codes for a predator pack which has rare animals to search for. Can't wait to get home to get this started off
    Forum Member
    Just got home & I've got an extra code for the Predator Pack if anyone wants it? (PS3)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Just got home & I've got an extra code for the Predator Pack if anyone wants it? (PS3)

I would be interested
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Traded in Black Ops 2 for this and got codes for a predator pack which has rare animals to search for. Can't wait to get home to get this started off

You not liking blops 2?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loving the game so far, not encountered any problems

All the side stuff i've found so far has been fun

If i had one minor complaint and this is just down to personal preference, i'd perfer if the game was a third person game so i could see the character i'm playing as and see the emotion he is feeling during the cutscenes
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I think this may be the greatest open world game I've ever played. I love these types of games, just coming off a playthrough of Dead Island (which I love) and this really shows it up in terms of freedom and variety of gameplay, there's just so much content and I love the desert island setting. Just perfect for these games.

Technically it's a bit a train wreck on 360 (fair bit of screen tear) yet at the same time some of the most impressive visuals I've seen on console, it's a strange mix but it doesn't really get in the way of things luckily due to the quality of the game itself. There's a few little niggles here and there but overall this is an easy GOTY candidate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any screen tear on the PS3 guys?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the difference between the missions (yellow !) and the story quests (blue !)?

Do the story quests just provide extra background to what is going on or are they just missions for NPCs with no real baring

I want to just focus on the main story, outposts and radio towers and leave every else till after the ending, but if i'm missing out on important story then i'll start doing the story quests as well
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having a lot of fun and i've only done one quest! Highlight so far has been ambushing two bad guys. Threw a stone to distract, crept up to one, stabbed him.. then rounded back around their car to get the second guy as he ran to the body of the first. Never even knew I was there. Brilliant. :)

Quick question, do the bad guys vary at all? Or are they all the same.. ie.. men in red t-shirts who drive around in jeeps.

Can't wait to get a sniper rifle. I suspect i've not even scratched the surface of this game. I hope so anyway.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Highlight so far has been ambushing two bad guys. Threw a stone to distract, crept up to one, stabbed him.. then rounded back around their car to get the second guy as he ran to the body of the first. Never even knew I was there. Brilliant. :)..

.. and then you got home and loaded the game up ;)
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just liberated my 4th outpost. Turned up, noticed a tiger in a cage so decided to shoot the lock off with my silenced MP5 and proceeded to sit back and watch it tear all the pirates to shreds before disappearing into the dense jungle. Brilliant!
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying it so far
    just completed the mission with the abandoned ship
    . Great variety of vehicles & missions with excellent graphics, although I have noticed a bit of jitteriness.
    fetching the mushrooms was like an acid trip!

The blue ! seem to be side missions & the yellow ! are main storyline. The hunting side missions remind me of RDR & the radio towers are similar to Assasin's Creed in that they help you open up the map. Think I've done 3 bases & 4 radio towers. The world is huge & you can go off and explore at your leisure & by hang glider :cool:

Played a couple if online multiplayer games. It was only TDM but it was very smooth with large maps & good gameplay. I like that when you die, you can continually tap X to prolong your life in hope that someone revives you and the killcams are very arty. At the end of the game, you can beat up the top person on the other team, or, if you've set it up as your finishing move, shake their hand for a good game. There's a few other unlocks aswell for the end sequence which I've not seen. The intel thing seems a good idea to get extra XP & upgrades for weapons

I'm not quite sure what battle cry is all about but I used it a few times & I don't know when kill/score streaks come into effect.

Overall, I'm really happy I took the plunge & got rid of Call of Duty for this. 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Played the Co-op Today (very badly) really enjoyed co-op shame no friends online to play i think it helps if you all stick together...but some great touches like one fixing the boat whilst other fight off enemies...even racing the quad bombs against other players to pick up the bombs....really impressed with the co-op....need to give single player another try..
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, i've only played single player, but its amazing. On PC amazing gfx, plenty of variety of things to do. It seemed to take about the 1st 2 hours just for the tutorial! I've started upgrading my skills a lot. I've also just done my first take over by shooting the tiger cage :) I've got myself a silenced sniper to take out the camps quietly.

In the beginning its well worth getting a bigger wallet and holdall etc. Just so you dont waste the cash not being able to loot people. Money doesn't seem to be a problem at all yet.

Just done a jet ski race which was fun.

I've done the torching drug crops mission but forgot why i was given the flamethrower for it, so used it up messing around somewhere else. But it didn't matter because it was still possible without it.
    Heres how...
    shooting red barrels caught some of the crops, then others i used a couple of molotovs i had

All in all, a very entertaining and atmospheric game.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got home with my copy (PS3), disc in, 93mb update, mandatory install.

Nice evening of farcry3 ahead.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had an update on PC too. Hope you enjoy it :)
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lucky you my copy from Amazon didnt arrive today. Annoying!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    Lucky you my copy from Amazon didnt arrive today. Annoying!

My God Amazon have terrible track record of late. I've seen sooo many people complaining they've not received their pre-ordered games in time for release day. It's inexcusable.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    My God Amazon have terrible track record of late. I've seen sooo many people complaining they've not received their pre-ordered games in time for release day. It's inexcusable.

They were a day late with me as well. I've used the "Prime" delivery option for a long time now, but this year they've been terrible. Oddly enough, every delayed package has been via the Royal Mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I never really understand about games with unlockable skills, is which to unlock first/best, when I do choose it always seems I made the wrong choice later on. I have 3 skill points unused because I don't wanna waste them! :D

After 4 hours solid play, I reckon this is gorgeously colourful, fun packed, open world beast of a game. Love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an update on PC too. Hope you enjoy it :)

I am doing..
  • Billy BunterBilly Bunter Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I must've checked the release date 4 or 5 times and I was convinced it was only out on Tuesday. Went to town today to have a general mooch around and realised it was already out so snapped it up.

I've only played about 2 hours so far but this has all the hallmarks of a classic. Seems to have taken the best bits of several other games and blended them together.

In my first trip in a car I managed to drive off a bridge into a river whilst trying to run over a buffalo. I swam to shore, clambered back to the road and was confronted with the wounded buffalo. Gored to death!!

I then went to a rebel camp and my stealth cover was blown by a screeching pig. It decided to follow me around until I had to stab it!

Done the 'training' mission and set off for the Doctor's house. After a slightly kamikaze effort in a jeep, I decided to start sneaking around through the grass. Scenery is amazing. Having not even got close to reaching the Doctor's house after spending about 45 mins wandering it makes me realise quite how big the map is.

Don't think I'll be leaving the house on Sunday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone managed to land a hand glider perfectly, cos all my landings are very undignified :D
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone managed to land a hand glider perfectly, cos all my landings are very undignified :D

I was going to ask the same question. A lot of the time Jason needs to snap his finger back in place or bandage himself up after I've had a go on one of those. Lol!

Also, how do you gracefully dive into water rather than just jump?

I've played for over 6 hours now and still only done 4 main story missions. Loving this game.
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I never really understand about games with unlockable skills, is which to unlock first/best, when I do choose it always seems I made the wrong choice later on. I have 3 skill points unused because I don't wanna waste them! :D

After 4 hours solid play, I reckon this is gorgeously colourful, fun packed, open world beast of a game. Love it.

I always go for health and armour upgrades first , that normally works out ok. There is a running reload skill that is handy, and also a drag and hide the bloke you just stabbed skill, that is useful too.

Loving this game too . It's an enormous map and it looks beautiful.

Also , with the hang gliders , try to get a long a landing strip as possible and come in at a shallow angle , when you get to very nearly down, pull the nose up and hit x ,and he runs clear . Sometimes without falling over :)