Options

Can't get e-mails on my I pad advice please

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to be able to get all my e-mails on my lap top and my I pad now my e-mails only come in on my lap top. What have I done to stop them coming in on I pad?

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only you can know for certain :)

One thing to check. Are you using POP or IMAP to connect and download your messages? If you are using POP there is an option in most mail clients to delete the messages from the server after downloading. If this option is set on your laptop then it will download the messages then delete them from the server leaving nothing for your iPad to download. Should be a simple tick box in the Account Settings.

The other alternative is that the setting on the iPad have been screwed up. So the obvious thing to check are all the settings for the Account to make sure nothing has changed. On the iPad mail app you should be able to initiate a manual download. What happens when you try that? If that doesn't work then either the account settings on the iPad are screwed or the laptop is deleting the messages from the server after downloading. If it does work then your iPad is not automatically updating.

And I assume you have checked the iPad is connecting to the interweb? You haven't turned on Airplane mode or disabled WiFi/3G or something like that?
  • Options
    HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestions Chrisr I will check them out kind regards David