Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liquinn, you have contradicted your own point. You make it sound as those coverage of physical disabilities on JK is in abundance!
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    The special shows annoy me. I've got a lot of respect for the people that go on them who don't get a fair deal at life but if I'm honest I like to see chavvy council scum go at each other. It makes me feel better about myself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see it's re-runs of re-runs now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean?
  • DM AndyDM Andy Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »
    What do you mean?
    I guess he's referring to the fact today's episode was a repeated 2011-12 episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DM Andy wrote: »
    I guess he's referring to the fact today's episode was a repeated 2011-12 episode.

I was... they have also been repeated ad nauseum on ITV 2 in the afternoons.
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean?

He means that this re-run is of a re-run of one which was shown previously. In other words, this is the third time that this particular episode has been broadcast within the last few months.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JK today was on top form for even him. He was VILE!
    I've always wanted to slap him but the way he was just digging in and being an annoying little twerk who wouldn't let the father get a word in without sticking his own oar in was disgraceful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    JK today was on top form for even him. He was VILE!
    I've always wanted to slap him but the way he was just digging in and being an annoying little twerk who wouldn't let the father get a word in without sticking his own oar in was disgraceful

he's always been a bit like that though....

Guest one shouting at guest two while guest two tries to answer a question...
    JK to guest one.... "Let her speak!!! Go on Guest two"

Guest two.... "At the end of the day I just wanna....."
    JK.... "Oi! I'm speaking! it says the Jeremy Kyle show up there!"
    Guest Two looks nonplussed
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    he's always been a bit like that though....

Guest one shouting at guest two while guest two tries to answer a question...
    JK to guest one.... "Let her speak!!! Go on Guest two"

Guest two.... "At the end of the day I just wanna....."
    JK.... "Oi! I'm speaking! it says the Jeremy Kyle show up there!"
    Guest Two looks nonplussed

Yeah he always is. Just today he seemed a little too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Yeah he always is. Just today he seemed a little too much.
    How has he gone for however many years he has without a single person laying him out on the stage? It just doesn't seem remotely possible.

The whole thing just has to be a set up or he would have been hospitalised before he even got past series one.
  • mani84mani84 Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    This mornings show made me think. He really is a bully. I wonder what he's like outside of the studio? You'd never get away with talking to someone like that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ' Shut Up! This instant!' seems to be a new phrase....:rolleyes:

The one on today has been on about 6 times to my knowledge.
  • beefybeefbeefybeef Posts: 3,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep it does seem to be repeats this week.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find it hilarious when he does that strange thing of dividing weeks into days, and invariably ends up getting his sums wrong? :) It's as if he can't resist doing it, even though his mental arithmetic leaves a lot to be desired! As soon as anyone mentions a period of time in weeks, you can practically see him thinking "Ooh good, here's a chance for me to show off my mathematical wizardry!" But then he gets the sum wildly wrong and ends up making himself look ridiculous!

The other day there was a couple who'd decided to have a baby after nine weeks, and Jeremy kept saying "Nine weeks? That's fifty days! Fifty days!" :D:confused::D

Sometimes he even tries to take it one stage further and do it in hours, too. You can tell he's not listening to what the guests are saying as he's too busy trying to work out the sum! :)
  • beefybeefbeefybeef Posts: 3,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it hilarious when he does that strange thing of dividing weeks into days, and invariably ends up getting his sums wrong? :) It's as if he can't resist doing it, even though his mental arithmetic leaves a lot to be desired! As soon as anyone mentions a period of time in weeks, you can practically see him thinking "Ooh good, here's a chance for me to show off my mathematical wizardry!" But then he gets the sum wildly wrong and ends up making himself look ridiculous!

The other day there was a couple who'd decided to have a baby after nine weeks, and Jeremy kept saying "Nine weeks? That's fifty days! Fifty days!" :D:confused::D

I thought I was an expert on, check this, Jeremy kyle's weirdisms, but I hadn't taken any notice of that one before! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sometimes he even tries to take it one stage further and do it in hours, too. You can tell he's not listening to what the guests are saying as he's too busy trying to work out the sum! :)
    For a bloke who had the benefit of a private education he comes across as an imbecile. Watch out for his persistent misuse of the words "erudite" and "genius".

He has the social and communication skills of a 4 year old. He reminds me of the Norman Wisdom character "Pitkin", only in a dark and nasty way.

It makes me wonder if the private education which he had was in fact in a "special" school of some sort.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Grimsdale! :)
    Sinistra wrote: »
    . Watch out for his persistent misuse of the words "erudite" and "genius".

...You're so right! And he takes great glee in mocking his guests for their grammar and mispronunciations, even though he's not too hot in that area himself. He constantly says "could OF" and "should OF" instead of "have", he regularly misuses the word "analogy", talks about "descending up through the ceiling", says "IGknowledge" for "acknowledge", "mollycuddle" for "mollycoddle". And don't get me started on "literally!" ("My next guest's world literally turned upside down..." "This lady is literally being torn in two...") :) His latest buzzword seems to be "synopsis", which he pronounces "Sigh-nopsis". :confused:

....None of which would matter if he didn't take such sadistic pleasure in humiliating his guests when they mangle their grammar or pronounce something wrongly. But it seems a bit rich for him to sneer at other people--ordinary people--in such a superior way when he, a TV presenter, gets so many things wrong himself. To be fair to his guests, at least they have the excuse of being less educated.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ He also says "brackets" when quoting someone and possibly making a quotation gesture.
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idiot can have private education. Look at George Osborne...he cant add and screwed the country :D

Why is this still on TV? Surely for August they could give them four weeks off?
  • poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! :):D:o Yes I saw that bit, and it did make me smile. I actually think Jeremy has got even more Partridge-like in recent months (and not in a good way!) :) That pursed-lipped Petulant Toddler Pout he does to indicate displeasure is pure Alan. Ditto the way he tries to act all tough and matey with "hard men", which always reminds me of Alan trying pathetically to be pals with his builders. :)

Jeremy also reminds me a lot of AP in the way he reacts whenever his nose is put out of joint, especially when a guest gets a little too much of the spotlight. That always seems to bring out the spiteful and snide side in him (just like Alan.) Did anyone see how David Van Day walked onstage milking the applause and working the audience? You could practically see the steam coming out of Jeremy's ears as he was left on the sidelines beckoning David to come and sit down, and being completely ignored as the audience cheered and clapped. When David finally did come to sit down, Jeremy greeted him with a snide put-down: "You're much shorter than I expected". What a charming way to welcome one's celebrity guest! :)

I totally agree, LikeAStar. It came across as being set up to show us what a great sense of humour Jeremy has and how well he gets on with guests. :) Earlier in the show, another guest had flatly refused to shake Jeremy's hand. (Jeremy stood there with his hand outstretched for a good few seconds, one leg bizarrely suspended in the air behind him. Then he flicked his hand dismissively and said "Not an issue", although it clearly bothered him! He was obviously going for one of those "We got off on the wrong foot but we're mates now" moments, when a guest he's been shouting at and bullying suddenly sees the light, his life transformed by Jeremy's shouting. :rolleyes: But this guy was having none of it (and quite right too!)

Jeremy even tried to shake his hand again a few minutes later, unsuccessfully. ....So yes, the jokey Alan Partridge bit (followed by a rather unnecessary hug from the guest) struck me as somewhat staged too, to redress the balance after the first guest refused to play the game! :)

Brilliant post :) I loved Alan Partridge. I think I will log on You Tube and watch some episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long are they going to be repeating the episodes for?
  • elvis_presleyelvis_presley Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    How long are they going to be repeating the episodes for?

They always put re-runs on when the kids are holidaying from school, so i should say nothing new until the kids go back in Sept..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what the new series is going to be like.
  • NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see the show the other day with the two warring sisters? It all seemed very staged to me, with the two girls laying on the drama very thickly and acting up for the cameras. (Also, Jeremy introduced a third guest onstage as the girls' "brother Billy," and they agreed, but then when they all went into the corridor the girls started referring to Billy as "her" and no-one seemed to notice?)

I'm still catching up on ones recorded and saw this last night, "Billy" was obviously a young lesbian girl, but was referred to all the time as "your brother" and the sisters didnt correct Jeremy.
    Very strange and they did indeed look like they were acting up for the cameras