Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I know the pop girl collab rumour was just fan assumption (based on her saying the Pap/Tel continuation was on there and people forgetting the original was solo), but it already feels like there should be one there.

Guess what this means is that the Pap/Tel continuation isn't coming yet, because I doubt Aura will be a single.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick Rubin is probably the best producer she has on there. Be good for her to focus more on him for the future.

Too much DJWS for me. :mad: at R Kelly, the Will.I.Am production could be interesting though.

What happened to this big all star female Telephone follow up? I guess it was just fan hype rather than reality then?

To be fair Gaga herself (I don't think) ever said there'd be a big all star telephone follow-up. It's only been hypothesised by the fans... Looking at the track list though I can't see which song it's gonna be. I'm guessing not aura now cos of the machete kills promo, so who knows? Definitely enough new songs to get excited about, plus the app too!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to hear about the tracklisting

So Applause is the last track, for me it works well as an opening track but i suppose i need to hear the other tracks to see how it fits
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing venus is her next single?

Like the way sexxx dreams is spelled.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she has another song called Fashion ?
    Though I notice there an exclamation mark on the tracklist one. `Fashion!`
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's been confirmed that the ballad 'I Wanna Be With You' that she performed at the iTunes Festival is now called Dope...

Also, Fashion is a brand new song and not a rehashing of the former.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Venus' is the new single!
    Forum Member
    It makes sense for her to have a song all about fashion. I liked her first attempt but it's not big enough to really be a Gaga song called Fashion. It should be crazy and fabulous.

RuPaul have his seal of approval to the R Kelly collab, if that means anything. Will.i.am has sung the praises of the new material too.

I'm interested to hear the developed 'DOPE'. IWBWY didn't quite work for me, but there was something there.

It's kind of weird that she performed unfinished tracks at SwineFest really. Especially when fans would obviously listen to those versions a lot before the final is revealed. I'm skeptical over MANiCURE's restructure judging by leaked snippets.

-

Venus sounds cool. It also seems to be a new song considering she only recently started going on about Venus etc. She's said that it's produced by an up and coming female producer. It's probably her and she's solely written AND produced a single for the first time.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to have an unexpected, and more unknown producer for a single! I was hoping for a ballad but having listened to some of Audrey Napoleon's work I think this is going be to interesting!

Insidethestudio have tweeted saying that if any song comes close to being as awesome as Poker Face was then it's this song.... So far I'm staying away from the hype but it's a good thing that we don't have so long to wait!

Gypsy was originally the 2nd single I think, but Interscope and Gaga changed it for Venus. I wonder whether Venus was a last minute addition to the album because Gaga's only started tweeting about it recently... or maybe that's just because it was going to be the second single and she was leaving clues.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    So she has another song called Fashion ?
    Though I notice there an exclamation mark on the tracklist one. `Fashion!`

The first song of hers called "Fashion" is a guilty pleasure of mine. :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    The first song of hers called "Fashion" is a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

why "guilty"? it's fabulous...don't be ashamed
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'ARTPOP' is #1 on UK and US amazon pre-orders!! :)
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has ARTPOP jumped all the way from #91 to #3 on Amazon?
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Why has ARTPOP jumped all the way from #91 to #3 on Amazon?

It's gotten a lot more coverage, I guess?

Or maybe the whole 'first 500k physical copies will be limited edition Koons foil' thing worked really well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gotten a lot more coverage, I guess?

Or maybe the whole 'first 500k physical copies will be limited edition Koons foil' thing worked really well...

Oh I hadn't heard about the foil thing. I pre-ordered my copy in August, so I best get one!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    can someone please explain a few things to me

a. why is the white shield face art pop no longer the album cover?
    b. is the lady gaga a statue (made of material) or a live (i.e. it is lady gaga) statue on the new cover?
    c. the pink disjointed lady gaga font on the front - some one please explain the meaning?
    d. is there going to be a deluxe edition of the album?

(ps - I love the new cover but I also loved the old white mask shield one too)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

b. is the lady gaga a statue (made of material) or a live (i.e. it is lady gaga) statue on the new cover?
    c. the pink disjointed lady gaga font on the front - some one please explain the meaning?

a. that was just a promotional image - it was never going to be the album cover
    b. it's a sculpture made of material
    c. no idea
    d. no.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    People are saying on Twitter that Venus will be the Telephone continuation due to the symbol of Venus appearing at the end of the Telephone video!
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Oh I hadn't heard about the foil thing. I pre-ordered my copy in August, so I best get one!

I was really hoping she'd do that - the cover was made for foil text. Apparently it's first 500k WW, so you should be in with a good chance. I doubt huge amounts more people will buy a physical CD ASAP.

a. That was just a (cool) promo shot, along with the cyber throne, mannequin arm etc. It was also an interpretation of a 'burqa', apparently.

b. It's a statue of her on the cover, made by Jeff Koons.

c. I imagine it's something to do with capturing the eccentricity and energy of Gaga/ARTPOP and perhaps the warped/disjointed juxtaposition of ART and POP. Or he thought it looked cool.

d. It doesn't seem like there will be a deluxe edition. The app will be used to give us bonus tracks, for free.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    thanks guys and gals - you are fab!

now content and excited .... really also impressed how 'applause' has been a slow burn .... this is exactly the kind of hit she needed .... something with teeth rather than impact (like 'edge of glory'). i have a feeling that Venus (will be 'disco edm' on steroids! ala Scheisse/Dance in the Dark). So pleased that 'jewels and drugs' isn't the second single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am all kinds of excited for Venus....it just sounds like a literal out of this world song...which i hope truly allwos for the album to launch with a BOOM song :) really cannot wait to hear it soon i reckon filming for it must be soon.

ANd yeah about the foil cover it look so cool....wonder if they will be for pre-ordered physical albums?? we will see :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping she'd do that - the cover was made for foil text. Apparently it's first 500k WW, so you should be in with a good chance. I doubt huge amounts more people will buy a physical CD ASAP.

a. That was just a (cool) promo shot, along with the cyber throne, mannequin arm etc. It was also an interpretation of a 'burqa', apparently.

b. It's a statue of her on the cover, made by Jeff Koons.

c. I imagine it's something to do with capturing the eccentricity and energy of Gaga/ARTPOP and perhaps the warped/disjointed juxtaposition of ART and POP. Or he thought it looked cool.

d. It doesn't seem like there will be a deluxe edition. The app will be used to give us bonus tracks, for free.

Why have Amazon got 2 artpops, one for 9.99 and one for £12 ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, its gone ! :eek::o

It was deffo there, I got as far as adding to basket but then decided to wait for a tracklist for it.
    It wasn't listed as `deluxe` or anything, it was the same as the 9.99 one but listed for 12.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I've ever seen listed on Amazon was the one for £9.99.

I was waiting myself for the deluxe to appear but I guess its not happening.

I just hope no deluxe now doesn't mean a repackaged ARTPOP in six months time. I really hate re-release cash ins.