The Last Stand- Schwarzenegger is Back!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
Forum Member
✭✭
Have to say I am more excited for this than I am The Expendables 2. Schwarzenegger is the reason I love movies so much and I think this looks like a pretty good movie to start his comeback.

Trailer-http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/newline/thelaststand/

Comments

• chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Don't you just hate it when your childhood movie heroes get old (Sniff why arnie why)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    That looks great, cheesy as hell, but that's what i want from an Arnie movie :D

Hopefully Johnny Knoxville isn't in it too much though, i like him on Jackass, but as an actor...not so much...
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schwarzenegger is Back!

How unfortunate!
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should'nt be back
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks terrible.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Trailer doesnt show much, but looks interesting for being directed by Korean Kim Jee-Woon (A Tale of a Two Sisters). Could be pretty good.

"How are you Sherrif?"
    "Ohlled"

:D:D
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I smiled when he first appeared in the trailer.It's nice to see feature on screen again (excluding the Expendeables, which i haven't seen). The last stand looks okay, a standard action film. Not sure if i will see it.
  • LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks just like Walking Tall with Knoxville reprising his role.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    He's Back!
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chimpsy23 wrote: »
    Don't you just hate it when your childhood movie heroes get old (Sniff why arnie why)

Yeah. Same with Harrison Ford.

Arnie doesn't look too bad but I wonder if his heart is still in it after such a long break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    went to see it today. i really enjoyed it. not a bad film at all for Arnold to make his comeback.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he;s back............and was met with general apathy and disinterest in the US. In it's first 7 days of release it's taken an embarrassing $8,533,945.
  • robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a preview last week and I actually it was pretty poor tbh.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it,, not amazing but a fun film for Arnie to make his comeback, he takes the piss out of himself, in an action film with humour, and I really liked the last 30 minutes or so :D
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to see it and really enjoyed it, mindless entertaining fun.

I could happily watch it again.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far it sounds like my type of film.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed it as its a mindless action film which is a bit of fun.Its worth a watch if you are a fan of Arnie.I agree with most reviews that have given it three stars as its nothing special but its decent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Saw it last night and as a massive Arnie fan i really enjoyed it, it's nothing special particularly, but it was a decent action film and it was great to see Arnie back in a leading action man role (it's nowhere near his best film, but it sits comfortably with his other films). If you're an Arnie fan then you'll enjoy it, especially the last half an hour or so. Johnny Knoxville was actually tolerable too which was surprising.

It's a shame that it bombed so badly in the US, it really didn't deserve to.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

It's great entertainment & 2 hours of mindless fun with Arnie doing what he does best, lots of action with great humour.

Arnie is looking a tad old, although I get the impression that his older looks were emphasised for this particular part.

I've heard that it didn't do to well in America & when I went to see it, I & my girlfriend were the only 2 people there.

It will be a real shame if this films flops because it really isn't that bad at all.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said above it's bombed in the US and it's repeated that over here with £539,000 from 356 cinemas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21259910
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a bad movie.

Worth a watch.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    As I said above it's bombed in the US and it's repeated that over here with £539,000 from 356 cinemas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21259910

That's a shame.

It was not a bad film at all.

It was a typical Arnie action film; high on entertainment, average plot, good humour, mixed with some cheese.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Arnie film I've ever really loved was the first Terminator. Now that is an outstanding picture.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Yeah. Same with Harrison Ford.

It's inconsiderate of them isn't it? :D

I don't mind them getting old but I do mind them pretending that they're not.

Frank Skinner summed it up for me when he said regarding the last Indiana Jones film: "Is it just me or are Indiana Jones and Freddie Krueger getting closer together?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It's not a bad movie.

Worth a watch.

yea, its funny :D Love Arnie :p