Michael Jackson's blanket of secrecy to be removed?

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,801
    Forum Member
    Jessica Stebbins Bina for AEG did the cross examination of TJ Jackson, 34 year old cousin of Michael Jackson and co-guardian of Michael's children.

TJ was not aware of Katherine having any health problems last summer, or any health problems. Asked how many times TJ spoke with Michael and the children, TJ said he spoke to Michael every other month. TJ remembered seeing Michael Jackson at least once in 2009. For being the children's co-guardian TJ draws a salary, which he said was hard for him to accept but Katherine insisted and two months ago he started being paid.

Asked about the children being more exposed to the media since their father died, such on Oprah and Prince working on Entertainment Tonight. TJ said because they are 15 and 16 it's hard to maintain that private life. It was important for Prince to excel in his career. TJ told the court Prince wants to act and then become a producer, Paris wants to be an actress, "I encourage them to be children first."

Bina for AEG put to TJ as the children's guardian he hadn't prevented them being in the public eye. TJ said it was hard to do that with Prince being a straight A student honours, 'If he really wants to do it, 100%, he should be able to do it at 16," TJ said about Prince working on a television show. TJ saw ET as a stepping stone towards Prince being an actor.

TJ did not go to Carolwood, he last met Michael at his grandparents anniversary on May 14 2009. Michael was said to have been in a good mood, happy, talking about the children and making jokes. TJ didn't remember Michael being extremely thin, but he wasn't concerned to check.

TJ was questioned about a wedding gift of $30,000 in cash from Michael, "He wanted to pay for my wedding, but the wedding passed," TJ said. TJ reluctantly accepted the gift, TJ didn't know if Michael was in financial difficulties and couldn't afford the gift. They never talked about Michael's finances.

TJ testified he never saw a doctor on the Dangerous Tour or remember seeing one on the HIStory Tour either. He was familiar with Dr. Metzger, but had not heard of Propofol before Michael died. TJ didn't believe his uncle had a substance abuse problem, he never saw him take pills. Asked if Michael would have told him if he had a drug problem TJ accepted he didn't think Michael would have told him.

TJ went to a LA Laker's (with the children?) and that's where he met Randy Phillips, asked if he thanked Phillips for getting the tickets TJ testified he didn't know Phillips got the tickets. In his video deposition TJ testified he did thank Phillips for the tickets.

Asked about Michael's lavish lifestyle, TJ said Michael liked the best but noted his uncle wore pajama bottoms, V necks and Mickey Mouse watches. TJ said Michael's homes were lavish, he wanted nice homes. Cars yes and no.

When put to TJ it is hard for him to believe his uncle died of an overdose of drugs he responded that it was heard for him to know his uncle was dead. TJ believes Michael Jackson was murdered, he told the court Michael had said to him and a couple of his brothers that he would be murdered because of his position and was a target. TJ had conversations about it during the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

On re-direct by the family's attorney Kevin Boyle raised the Laker tickets again and asked if TJ knew at the time Randy Phillips had a secret meeting with Dr. Murray, TJ replied he didn't know. TJ did not go to the LA Lakers game with Phillips, he was just there. Asked if the children should be allowed to go to LA Laker games TJ replied they should go anywhere they want.

TJ began acting as co-guardian soon after Michael Jackson died for free and did it out of love. His grandmother convinced him to accept payment as he has 3 children of his own that are losing a lot of his time.

That was it for questions for TJ Jackson from both attorneys.

Here's a picture I found of Prince and protective TJ in front row seats at an LA Laker game.

TJ Jackson swopped places with his brother Taj who was already in the courtroom with Katherine Jackson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Here's a picture I found of Prince and protective TJ in front row seats at an LA Laker game.

That's not TJ. That's Jackie, Michaels brother.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When put to TJ it is hard for him to believe his uncle died of an overdose of drugs he responded that it was heard for him to know his uncle was dead. TJ believes Michael Jackson was murdered, he told the court Michael had said to him and a couple of his brothers that he would be murdered because of his position and was a target. TJ had conversations about it during the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

Another member of the family without a clue what was going on regarding the drugs and MJs state of mind :confused:

Why did MJ think he was a target to be murdered? Who by? The Jacksons seem to be advancing a theory that some sort of conspiracy by shadowy people is in place here. Are they suggesting that AEG paid Dr Murray to deliberately murder MJ?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So TJ says that Prince wants to become an actor, but Prince mentions nothing about that when asked about his interests, etc, in his testimony. Why am I thinking that's what TJ and the Jacksons want, not what Prince wants? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Deborah Chang for the family did the direct examination of Taj, real name Taiano Jackson aged 39. He was the first grandson.

Taj said he was spoiled with love. He says he was close to Michael, as well as being his musical role model Michael was like an older brother. Like his brother TJ, Taj described the impact Michael had on his life. such as paying for his college.

Taj stayed many times at Neverland, the train station was named after Katherine. Taj described the work Michael did with sick children at Neverland including an Aids victim who died. The court was played a Michael Jackson song, "Gone Too Soon" dedicated to the victim.

Taj called Michael his mentor. Michael was very close to Lionel Richie, part of a 3T video was played to the court. Taj said Michael was very proud of him, Taj lived at Neverland for 6 months, his grandmother was there all the time. Michael asked Taj to help raise the children. Taj became the person in charge of Michael's storage & belongings.

Taj stated Katherine was definitely Michael's mentor, he would tell Taj that. Taj's mum was his mentor and his mum's mentor was Katherine, "They all shared the purity in their heart, my grandma was my uncle's compass in life, he was constantly trying to make her proud of him."

Michael was encouraged to have children as it was thought he'd make a great father, "It lit him up, that's what he lived for, his kids and my grandma." Taj said. "I think it's more difficult because my uncle to them (the children) was both father and mother, he was everything for them."

Through tears Taj testified he married on 16 June 2013 they chose the family home at Hayvenhurst for the venue as it was the place his mom and his uncle would be.

The judge broke for the day. After a long lapse Karen Faye is expected to return tomorrow to continue giving evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, the Jacksons really seem to be laying the sentimental stuff on with a trowl!:eek: What next? He cured cancer, solved the world hunger problem and brought about world peace?:rolleyes:

There seems to be a rolling theme in this family testimony - he was a wonderful guy and he proved it by handing out money!:rolleyes:

I had to laugh when I read this bit:-

"I think it's more difficult because my uncle to them (the children) was both father and mother, he was everything for them."

Er, yes, because he wanted the kids to himself, so he engineered a situation where their mothers weren't part of their lives. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    He was a good father as well, here are the videos shown in court to prove it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was reporting that this trial will be huge and all sorts of stories will come out that will shock, but as yet it seems very low key considering who the trial is about.

Does it seem low key to everyone?
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That video is truly heartbreaking. He sounds like such a nice man.
    Forum Member
    Everyone was reporting that this trial will be huge and all sorts of stories will come out that will shock, but as yet it seems very low key considering who the trial is about.

Does it seem low key to everyone?

At the moment it's the Jackson families case being presented, apart from promoting the fact Michael Jackson was an Demerol addict they aren't going to weaken their case by exposing any Michael Jackson secrets.

It's when AEG present their case they may decided to take the gloves off, to demonstrate Michael hoodwinked many people including his family.

If you take the financial details for various tours given in evidence I can't see how Michael Jackson gave $100m 'all the profits' from one tour to charity.
    Forum Member
    Allegations of Jury tampering of two alternative jurors by a mystery woman.
    Forum Member
    Stylist warned Jackson manager singer might die..Associated Press summary of Karen Faye's evidence in court yesterday
    Forum Member
    Day 40, After a gap of 7 weeks Karen Faye, make-up and hair stylist re-takes the stand to be cross examined by Marvin Putnam for AEG.

Karen Faye had not reviewed her trial testimony but had reviewed her deposition which spanned 5-6 days which is a huge file.

Faye told the court after Jackson's acquittal in the child molestation case, she talked to him every few months, but did not see him again until April 2009. Talking about Grace' Rwaramba's role during the molestation case Faye told the court she thought Michael Jackson was better off when Grace wasn't living at 'Neverland' during the trial.

She learnt of the 'This Is It' tour from the news. On seeing the London press conference, Faye thought Jackson had really bad hairpiece on, she thought the wig was too big. Asked about Jackson's behaviour Faye said, “I thought his behaviour was a little odd, but not out of the ordinary.”

Karen Faye revealed she had found some texts which helped her remember when things happened during the preparation for the 'This Is It' shows. A surprised Marvin Putnam asked when she found the texts and when she handed them to the Jackson's lawyers...she replied she turned them over that day. She did not hand the text messages to the AEG lawyers, Putnam said, “I guess we’re getting them now.”

When Fay was asked if she found anything else she joked, “I was going through my drawers. I found some sexy things for my boyfriend and I.” Asked if she found the proceedings funny she replied, “I don’t think the case is funny at all sir,” Faye responded.

Returning to the 'This Is It' shows Faye remembered Jackson telling her it started out as 10 shows and he woke up and it was 50. Faye was concerned how close together the shows were, she didn't say to Kenny Ortega it was a definite problem but it should be looked at. Faye testified she did remember calling the schedule dangerous, she felt it wasn't the best schedule for Michael to be successful.

Faye testified she wasn't paid until her contract with AEG was signed. The wigs she bought Jackson were ventilated and she needed 5 for the London shows. Faye's contract stipulated she could submit itemized receipts only of Jackson approved it. Kaye said, "L wanted it to be as private for him as possible." (I guess that's the bill for wigs.)

Towards the end of the day an email was shown from Karen Faye to Jackson's manager Frank DiLeo warning Jackson might die, "I don't think you, Kenny, or Randy deserve becoming the villains, or the financial victims."
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a good father as well, here are the videos shown in court to prove it.

that proves nothing except he liked to interrogate his children on Christmas day and they don't look at all comfortable .

a good father would allow his kids to rip open their presents as soon as they get up and spend the rest of the day letting them play with their new toys , not interrogate them on camera for his own ego boost .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that proves nothing except he liked to interrogate his children on Christmas day and they don't look at all comfortable .

a good father would allow his kids to rip open their presents as soon as they get up and spend the rest of the day letting them play with their new toys , not interrogate them on camera for his own ego boost .

I have to say, I felt uncomfortable watching that video. It didn't look relaxed or fun - MJ seemed to be, as you say, interrogating the kids, and poor little Blanket looked confused. Understandable, because that's an odd conversation to be having on Christmas day (apart from the "What does Christmas mean?" bit right at the beginning, but even that came across as more of an interrogation than a fun conversation). It had a bit of a Joan Crawford "I said NO WIRE COATHANGERS!!!" vibe to me.

That video seemed a really odd choice to be shown in court, unless being interrogated on Christmas morning is something that the Jacksons see as normal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you people even know what interrogation is? He was obviously trying to encourage his kids to dream big. Ye really do make me laugh. Disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Do you people even know what interrogation is? He was obviously trying to encourage his kids to dream big. Ye really do make me laugh. Disgusting.

Sorry, but I stand by what I said - the video was uncomfortable viewing. There was no sense of fun or warmth, just a sense of MJ behaving like a monumental arse to his kids. Which is why I don't understand why the Jackson family thought it would be a good idea to choose that vid to show in court. Why not choose a vid of MJ and the kids together, enjoying a meal or a fairground ride or making music together or unwrapping Christmas gifts? There was nothing sponteneous about those videos - it all seemed staged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staged for what exactly? Curious here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staged for what exactly? Curious here.

For Michael Jackson. As to why he'd do it, I have no idea. He was as mad as a box of frogs! All I know is that those videos lack any spark of life or sense of fun. Why aren't the kids giggling, running around or doing any of the normal things kids do? I was willing one of them to give a funny answer or refuse to co-operate.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To examine by questioning formally or officially
    exactly what Michael Jackson was doing in that video , so yes i knew what interrogation meant .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment it's the Jackson families case being presented, apart from promoting the fact Michael Jackson was an Demerol addict they aren't going to weaken their case by exposing any Michael Jackson secrets.

It's when AEG present their case they may decided to take the gloves off, to demonstrate Michael hoodwinked many people including his family.

If you take the financial details for various tours given in evidence I can't see how Michael Jackson gave $100m 'all the profits' from one tour to charity.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

One point though "may decided to take the gloves off" - that is certain, considering the money at stake.
    Forum Member
    Day 40 More court room details from ABC7 Court News tweets…..

Talking about the child molestation case, Karen Faye got Jackson ready for the trial, didn’t talk to him on the of his acquittal, he left for Bahrain. Asked if she was upset having been there everyday and he didn’t say good bye, Faye replied, "He had been thru a horrible, horrible ordeal. Whatever he had to do to recover from that, that was fine." According to Faye, Jackson never returned to Neverland neither did she. Faye did not talk to Jackson when he returned to the US, spoke to him every 3-5 months, they were like brother & sister.

Of Grace Rwamba Faye said she really, really loved Grace when they first met, she adored her, and was happy Michael had Grace as a nanny. But as Grace’s responsibilities grew she stood in the way, seemed to try and keep Faye away from Michael. Referring to the period of the child molestation trial Faye told the court Michael seemed to have a more difficult with at Neverland. Michael started having back pain, lost weight and pajama day.

Faye told the court she got a call mid March 2009 from Jackson’s assistant Michael Amir saying Michael wanted her to go on tour with him. Previously Michael would call her direct, Amir said Jackson would call her from a blocked number, make sure she picked it up as it had to do with the tour. Faye & Jackson had a happy & light conversation , he told her, It was a really happy and light conversation, Faye recalled Jackson telling her, "Work with me Turkle, Work with me Turkle." In conversations with Faye Jackson told her he was a little discouraged by the number of shows.

Regarding the text messages she found, they related to the period a couple of days before Jackson died. She was sick a couple of weeks ago and that’s when she found the phone, she didn’t know she still had it. Speaking to Marvin Putnam the AEG attorney she told him, he kept asking her dates, she was trying to remember, she was trying to refresh her memory about things.

Faye learnt about the tour schedule online, she doesn’t recall if there was a 3 month break in the schedule. She told the court she felt the schedule was too difficult for Jackson to maintain. Putnam showed Faye the calendar for the shows, she said she had not seen it. She agreed she did raise concerns but didn’t say the schedule was dangerous or impractical, "I had no concept of Michael's ability at this time," Faye said. "I was always protective of Michael and his well being." Faye told the court, by the time Michael spoke to her about 50 shows Jackson didn’t seem to know the structure of the schedule, she wanted to make sure he knew the structure and was comfortable with it.

Faye said she and a wig maker went to Carolwood to see Jackson to prepare for the shows. Faye testified she needed some funds to start on the wigs and was told to speak to Dr. Tohme. The process of Jackson’s hair took a long time and in her contract Faye asked to be close to Jackson , she explained she wanted to make sure they could get to her if she was needed. Faye said Michael liked privacy, there are a lot of things involved doing someone’s hair and Jackson didn’t want people to see it. Each wig cost $3,500 and it was a long process to get one ready, 5 were required for emergencies. Michael did not want anybody to know he wore a wig so Faye requested the receipts be as discreet as possible.

Faye thought Jackson could have Botox injections on his scalp so he wouldn’t sweat and the wig would stay on. Faye confirmed the Latisse & Propecia prescriptions for Michael were under her name. Propecia rejuvenated hair on men’s sclap, she need as much healthy hair as possible. Faye tesified one of Jackson’s assistances would sometimes give her skin creams to give to Jackson. Faye testified Kenny Ortega demanded Michael take off sunglasses, she was given orders but not pertaining to make-up and hair.

Faye said a lot of her information came through Tania who took care of Faye’s business affairs, Putnam appeared to say the contract was between Tania’s company, not Faye. Faye said she thinks she giving her (Tania) something to take care of all her business and pay bills, but could not recall the amount. Asked if she had an understanding whether or not she was an employee of AEG Live, Faye responded she worked for ‘This Is It’ and the production of the tour. Asked if she worked for Michael Jackson Faye said,”He requested me, sir, he called me and asked me.” When asked if they did a background check on her Faye laughed out loud and said Putnam was so funny, and no there was no background check done on her. She explained she’d seen on the news and internet that background checks is one of the issues of the trial. The defence objected when Putnam asked if AEG did a financial check on Faye would they find any problems.

In April & May preparing for the shows Faye attended production meetings at Center Staging, she was researching all the adhesives available, to make her job more successful. Worked downstairs at Carolwood, never went to the bedrooms upstairs. She could not recall how many times she saw Jackson from March to June 2009. In the first period of rehearsals Jackson looked fine, compared to how she used to know him it was a little different, she could not say exactly how it used to be. She noticed some physical things that were odd.

Jackson’s thinness still bothered her, he wasn’t gaining anything. She was so concerned she brought in a former Jackson cook who had a restaurant nearby to bring Jackson food. He did Billie Jean in June and it was Michael Jackson and everyone was excited. Asked why Faye asked Michael’s security specifically if he was seeing Dr. Klein, she said there media reports Jackson had gone to Klein. Faye testified she was told by security Jackson maybe seeing Klein 3-4 days a week. That concerned her because of the past, when she’d seen doctors get involved in Jackson’s life.

Faye expressed her concern to Frank DiLeo but never spoke to Jackson about it. She was getting worried about Jackson’s psychological state. She was concerned about Dr. Klein & was aware of Dr. Murray in the week prior to Jackson’s death. She had a conversation with Kenny Ortega about Dr. Murray but not Dr. Klein. Faye was concerned Dr. Murray was not a psychologist.

Asked if Randy Phillips or Paul Gongaware ever pressured her to get Jackson on stage Faye said no. Phillips & Gongaware did not instruct her to never listen to Jackson. Faye could not recall Phillips telling anyone to get Jackson on stage.

Faye was extremely concerned with Jackson’s health on Friday 19 Jun 2009, the following day she phoned Alberto Alvarez (security) to ask him to watch Jackson closely as she was concerned, Faye testified Alvarez didn’t was to stay on the phone, had to go and hung up. On June 22 2009 Faye went to Jackson’s house to replace his wig, after a couple of hours she was told he didn’t want to do it and was told to leave. She said she did not have an opportunity to talk to anyone and didn’t want to ask the children.

June 23 2009 was the first day of rehearsals at Staples Center, there were a lot of meetings with Jackson at one point Faye was alone with him. Faye could not remember what she said to Jackson, probably asked how he was doing, probably addressed him very casually. Faye said the rehearsal was much improved and the one the following day was improved. Asked if she thought Jackson was ready to tour she responded, "oh no, oh no!" Faye explained Jackson didn’t gain weight, perhaps the shows could be delayed a bit. There was hope, "I saw more of Michael, he was laughing, I saw him participating, yes, there was some relief."

Faye was not concerned about Jackson’s weight for everyday life, but was about his concert performance weight. Faye testified she became friends with Lisa Marie Presley who told her Jackson liked to be at 120 pounds. Faye estimated Jackson had lost 10-15lbs in his last week, he wasn’t very coherent. Faye testified she told Jackson in Mar/April she was concerned about his weight, but never talked to him about it during the last weeks of his life. Putnam for AEG drew attention to the fact in the coroner’s report that Jackson was 136lbs when he died. Faye felt it was impossible for Jackson to have weighed that much.

Faye told the court she was a bit upset no one seemed to listen to her in June 2009. Jackson would pretend everything was OK, she never asked if he was OK, because of his state of mind. Faye did not raise her concerns with Jackson’s family. Faye thought she and Jackson knew each other well. Faye said Michael seemed to be trying to convince himself to do the shows, asked if she thought Jackson was self-sabotaging Faye replied, “ I didn't understand what was going on.”

Fans expressed concerns with Jackson’s weight. On 20 Jun 2009, Faye sent Frank DiLeo an email with a note from a fan, Faye added, ‘Unfortunate she’s right,’ she continued, ‘I'm fearful he I'll make himself so sick he will die. If he doesn't do this show he has no where else to go...’ Faye forwarded another fan email about Jackson being too thin to DiLeo on 22 Jun 2009, to this one Faye added,
    Faye added: When he asked me to do this in May and met with him. I saw a slender but strong and coherent Michael Jackson…It seems like he is setting himself up to be the victim.’

Faye told the court she felt desperate when she wrote the email she was trying to figure out what was going on, she thought Jackson need some psychological help. Faye thought Jackson had some sort of fear. She wrote in the email, ‘He hurts himself most of all,’ asked by Putnam what she meant Faye responded, "He's dead!"

Faye further wrote to Dileo, ‘I don't think you, Kenny or Randy deserve becoming the villains, or the financial victims, Faye wrote. This is between you and me alone, I am leaving this in your hands as you have instructed me to do.’ Faye said she was trying to get their attention to do something. In addition Faye wrote in the email, ’Michael is painfully thin... His bones are protruding. I'm one person that has physical contact with him very day. Michael's OCD is getting worse. He repeats his actions and rambles words constantly.’

After Jackson died Faye wrote an email to Randy Phillips on 1 Jul 2009 expressing concern about footage of Jackson shuffling around wrapped in blankets, Phillips responded, ‘We control all the footage and it is locked at the vault at staples center.’
    In reply to Brian Panish attorney for the family Faye told the court she saw Jackson unable to sing or dance on the 16 Jun and he absolutely needed medical assistance at that time. On June 19 Jackson was not in good physical shape.
    Faye said she negotiated her contract with AEG Live, Jackson needed a wig because he had 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree burns. Faye was not being paid $150,000 a month, she did not take the Hippocratic oath when she became a make-up artist. Asked if someone has died after getting make-up Faye responded, "I never even burned someone with a hot iron, sir."

Jackson attended rehearsal on Jun 18 2009 but arrived late, Faye testified Kenny Ortega was very angry Michael was late. She testified Jackson was scared, paranoid and under pressure the last two weeks of his life.

Faye had previously been questioned by Marcus Putnam for 5 days in deposition relating to the Lloyds of London (insurance) lawsuit.

Faye told the court she discussed with mortician Jackson’s body weight. Panish for the family asked if Jackson looked worse than on June 19, Faye responded, “He was dead, sir.”

Karen Faye was excused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To examine by questioning formally or officially
    exactly what Michael Jackson was doing in that video , so yes i knew what interrogation meant .

Interrogation*(also called*questioningor*interpellation) is*interviewing*as commonly employed by officers of thepolice,*military, and*Intelligence agencieswith the goal of extracting a confession or obtaining information. Subjects of interrogation are often the suspects, victims, or witnesses of a crime. Interrogation may involve a diverse array of techniques, ranging from developing a rapport with the subject to outrighttorture.

And this is what you meant in your stupid comment. Michael was encouraging his kids, end of.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well according to the Sunday People of all papers, Jackson molested some 24 other kids and paid them all off
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    For Michael Jackson. As to why he'd do it, I have no idea. He was as mad as a box of frogs! All I know is that those videos lack any spark of life or sense of fun. Why aren't the kids giggling, running around or doing any of the normal things kids do? I was willing one of them to give a funny answer or refuse to co-operate.

Looking at that video, he sounds a bit bossy and domineering but I wouldn't go much further than that : plenty of people have had a strict parent in their lives (I did expect him to sound a little softer and gentler when talking to them though).