Options

Selling Fake Goods on Judge Judy

eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes I know it's an american show but it's on itv3

The case just on was a woman who bought knock off D&G bags (fakes) then passed them on to a friend to sell . The friend never paid or returned the fakes. She said she threw them away

Judge Judy awarded the plaintiff $1100!
Why? She was illegally selling on fakes??!!

Comments

• Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Yes I know it's an american show but it's on itv3

The case just on was a woman who bought knock off D&G bags (fakes) then passed them on to a friend to sell . The friend never paid or returned the fakes. She said she three them away

Judge Judy awarded the plaintiff $1100!
    Why? She was illegally selling on fakes??!!

Judge Judy is a small claims court, not a criminal court. She was ruling on the plaintiff's claim that her property was taken and not returned, the issue was not if the bags were fakes or genuine, just that the bags were the plaintiff's property and they were disposed of.

I watched an episode yesterday of JJ where she completely owned a 14 year female bully with way too much attitude; JJ gave her the full blast and the girl finished up in tears "How do you like it when people make YOU cry young lady? it's not very nice IS IT?" :D

That's what we need over here :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her! Love JJ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    Judge Judy is a small claims court, not a criminal court. She was ruling on the plaintiff's claim that her property was taken and not returned, the issue was not if the bags were fakes or genuine, just that the bags were the plaintiff's property and they were disposed of.

I watched an episode yesterday of JJ where she completely owned a 14 year female bully with way too much attitude; JJ gave her the full blast and the girl finished up in tears "How do you like it when people make YOU cry young lady? it's not very nice IS IT?" :D

That's what we need over here :cool:

Same episode shown just now
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Yeah. They tend to show the same two several times a day.

Can't believe a woman who a man admitted assaulting would plan to go on holiday with him and then try to claim the money back when it fell through.

I love it when they're still trying to argue their case and Judy walks off :D
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the duty of the Judge, to adhere to, and apply, the law. Subsequently, the onus is on the purchasers of said bags, to sue. And the police may even approach the plaintiff, to uncover her supplier.
    I agree, however, she shouldn't have been awarded anything. As is often said, though, the law is an ass.