Appreciation Thread for Rachel.

Comments

• supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Is it really only 6 days until WWRY starts? :eek: Thats flown by!!

The write up of ALWs birthday is great!
    Tho...I don't think it'll be only me that says...I bet Sarah and Rachels duet of 'As if we never said goodbye' was better :p
  • NoDisguiseNoDisguise Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I'd agree that Sarah & Rachel's duet was awesome and one of the best IDA moments -- however watching Rachel & Niamh performing live barely twenty feet away was an absolutely incredible experience.:D

I'd say it's a pretty close run thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Blog is looking amazing as usual! All the pics are great! So jealous of everyone who got to meet Rachel!

Am so excited about the 22nd! ONE WEEK woooooooo!

Thanks for the great blog guys!

Love Ali xx
  • rolacola1987rolacola1987 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Hi, I went to see WWRY on wednesday. I had my ticket way before it was announced that rachel would be taking of the role of meat. Considering it was only her 3rd preformance she was fab. During no one but you, she kept doing this sly grinning thing, you could tell she was loving being up there. The show was fantastic and i wish all the look in the world to rachel after she her perform.

btw, I was quite shocked as to how small she is was in real life (height wise i mean lol)
  • NoDisguiseNoDisguise Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Some nice pics of Rachel in WWRY costume on the blog:

http://racheltucker01.blogspot.com/
  • lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popping in, Rachel looked amazing in her meat costume at the weakest link yesterday.

Spoiler
    She went out first but had funny times with Ann and sang WWRY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Haha I thought as much from what she'd written on the blog.

In all honesty, she's bloomin' gorgeous, an incredibly talented musical performer, actress and singer, and evidently a fantastic and generous person, so am I the only one who would think it a teensy-weensy bit unfair if she had brains the size of rocket ships too?!! :p

But still looking forward to it nonetheless. Were any of the other IDA girls game enough to go on? :D
  • lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smeagy28 wrote: »
    But still looking forward to it nonetheless. Were any of the other IDA girls game enough to go on? :D

No, but none of them are in current shows are they?

It was
    Matt rawle Zorro, Mark Goldthorp ave q, rachel, ryan molloy jersey boys, summer SOM, ben hairspray :D , um lady who plays rosie in mamma mia, bloke who is raoul in phantom and Diane pilkington wicked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    lipgloss wrote: »
    No, but none of them are in current shows are they?

Ah, yes! Dopey me! Hadn't thought of that :D

Thanks for the info though! I can't stand Anne Robinson normally but might have to make an exception for this particular show!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Rachel and Niamh's Songs from the Shows

17:00-17:59 25/12/2008
    12:00-13:00 27/12/2008

Rachel Tucker and Niamh Perry present a one hour special of their favourite musical moments, from Cabaret to Calamity Jane, Evita to Phantom of the Opera. They take time out to share their favourite songs from the shows and to look back on their successes over the past year.

Radio Ulster

92-95FM and 1341MW, Digital Radio, Digital Satellite 868, Digital Cable and Freeview Channel 89
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iss1234 wrote: »
    Rachel and Niamh's Songs from the Shows

17:00-17:59 25/12/2008
    12:00-13:00 27/12/2008

Rachel Tucker and Niamh Perry present a one hour special of their favourite musical moments, from Cabaret to Calamity Jane, Evita to Phantom of the Opera. They take time out to share their favourite songs from the shows and to look back on their successes over the past year.

Radio Ulster

92-95FM and 1341MW, Digital Radio, Digital Satellite 868, Digital Cable and Freeview Channel 89

Thank you for posting that looks fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Just felt the need the bump this thread after Rachel's phenomenal performance of Love Shine a Light at West End Eurovision last week. Did anyone else go? It was an amazing evening and Rachel gave by far the best vocal performance of the night, and she and the We Will Rock You team were totally robbed. How they didn’t win I’ll never know, definitely some dodgy voting going on there.
    I have to admit that Rachel was never one of my faves during I’d Do Anything, until she won me over with Cabaret, but after seeing her in WWRY, and then last week, I firmly believe she is one of the best vocalists working in the West End at the moment, and is made of awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note for Rachel fans: She's soon to be starting as Elphaba in Wicked.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Note for Rachel fans: She's soon to be starting as Elphaba in Wicked.

Indeed.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831263516394/Cast%3A+Tucker+Is+Wicked+Elphaba%2C+Hairspray+Tour.html
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Gosh, good on her. That's a big, highly sought after part. Thinking about what we saw on IDA, I wouldn't have been convinced that she was vocally up to it, but so many of the girls have proved they are capable of more than we saw on the show. I'll have to make sure to see her.
    Forum Member
    Gosh, good on her. That's a big, highly sought after part. Thinking about what we saw on IDA, I wouldn't have been convinced that she was vocally up to it, but so many of the girls have proved they are capable of more than we saw on the show. I'll have to make sure to see her.

I wouldn't either but as you say the shows seem to have hidden as much as they showed. I quite fancy Helena in that role - massive range, massive belt, quirky helps in that role and she would be fine green. Anyway well done Rachel.

The Wicked casting may be linked to So Jest End where Rachel and her new Wicked co -star amongst other things spoofed Wicked.........Someone may have had an idea......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4S_kTlPQmk&feature=related

5-20 in.....

Interestingly when Jodie goes in March the girls from the ALW shows on in the Westend will have come third, fourth (both of them) fifth and in Sarah's case seventh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well chuffed for Rachel, Wicked looks amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Interestingly when Jodie goes in March the girls from the ALW shows on in the Westend will have come third, fourth (both of them) fifth and in Sarah's case seventh.

If I was in one of these shows I'd be wanting to finish fourth. Aoife, Ben and Rachel have got to be the most successful of those who didn't win, and they have comparable success to the winner.
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have booked tickets to see Rachel in Wicked! Sooooooo excited! :)
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see Rachel in Wicked on Monday. Wow! I thought she was magnificent as Elphaba! She really commands the stage and her acting and singing are wonderful. She was so nice at the stage door afterwards too, really sweet and friendly. I'm thrilled she's doing well in this role, she's just going from strength to strength.
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't post on here during IDA but Rachel was by far my favourite after Sarah Lark left so I've kept an eye out to see what she's been up to since. I finally saw her live in Wicked last Thursday and can confirm it was more than worth the wait! It was my first time at seeing the show (though I know the music very well and have read the novels) and I think it was actually better than I had thought it would be, which I'm sure is down to the casting. Rachel is incredibly powerful as Elphaba and her on-stage relationships are very believable. Brilliant casting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, I really can't 'til I go see Wicked after my exams. Didn't get to go to WWRY so even more excited about seeing Rachel for the first time!

Woww, that Defying Gravity is amaazing!!