what's next for peter andre?

Comments

• Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it wasn't wishful thinking. Peter to 'shy away from reality'.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/andre-shying-away-from-reality-29130078.html

...but he has been given a great new format for ITV his fans will be pleased to know.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/andre-shying-away-from-reality-29130078.html

Andre shying away from reality?

Peter Andre has said he wants to do less reality TV and revealed he has a new small screen project in the pipeline.

The Mysterious Girl singer said he was also recording a new reggae track with Mr Boombastic star Shaggy.

"It's a very, very current sound so I'm really hoping that's going to work. At least, Shaggy - you're all going to know him - you're going to love his vocals on that," he said.

The question is, will it get played on the radio I wonder. Even with Shaggy, I doubt it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question is, will it get played on the radio I wonder. Even with Shaggy, I doubt it.

Really, he's sounding a bit desperate here:

"It's a very, very current sound... I'm really hoping that's going to work. At least, Shaggy - you're all going to know him - you're going to love his vocals on that..."

It's like he saying 'please for the love of maltesers let me have a hit even if it's on the back of Shaggy.'
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"It's a very, very current sound... I'm really hoping that's going to work. At least, Shaggy - you're all going to know him - you're going to love his vocals on that..."

It's like he saying 'please for the love of maltesers let me have a hit even if it's on the back of Shaggy.'

It's not like Shaggy is exactly current and relevant either though is it?
    I hardly think two middle-aged men trying to live off the back of some very old hits is exactly going to set the charts on fire is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hardly think two middle-aged men trying to live off the back of some very old hits is exactly going to set the charts on fire is it?

I was trying to put a positive spin on the desperation. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You are right. :)

No matter who he collaborates with he will not get any airplay. Gawd even Lena Martell gets on the radio (I heard her yesterday) :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it wasn't wishful thinking. Peter to 'shy away from reality'.

...but he has been given a great new format for ITV his fans will be pleased to know.

What could he do that he hasn't tried before? Maybe a phone-in show with him and Dr Emily on the Pezza sofa offering advice?

Ask an Ambassadoctor
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shaggy is soooooooooooooooooo current...http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/_/shaggy/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaggy is soooooooooooooooooo current...http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/_/shaggy/

:eek:
    How very dare you!
    According to your link,Shaggy last reached the dizzy heights of number 61 in 2005!
    With such a musical titan behind him,PA could well scrape into the top 50!
    He's current AND relevant you know:rolleyes:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A general comment.. Who does decide what we want to hear on Radio? Why is it aimed at a set age group?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
    A general comment.. Who does decide what we want to hear on Radio? Why is it aimed at a set age group?

Meh Radio 1 is full of pretentious idiots preening about how cool they are playing the same songs over and over... that coupled with the amount of adverts and cool commentary make it unlistenable... imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why he thinks Shaggy is his savior. They made a dogs dinner or Mysterious Girl. Perhaps he thinks going back to the 90s reggae vibe will give him another hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

Meh Radio 1 is full of pretentious idiots preening about how cool they are playing the same songs over and over... that coupled with the amount of adverts and cool commentary make it unlistenable... imo

I stopped listening to Radio 1 years ago.. They all act like smart arse know it alls
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why he thinks Shaggy is his savior. They made a dogs dinner or Mysterious Girl. Perhaps he thinks going back to the 90s reggae vibe will give him another hit.

I'm just wondering whether Shaggy is actually in on the collaboration,or has PA just nicked a few lines from Mr Boombastic and added them to one of his songs - like he did with Taliban Whatshisface?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did shaggy sing on mysterious girl??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

NOBODY sang on Mysterious Girl hon:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No Betty, it was the internationally famous singer Bubbler Ranx. No point looking on Wiki, he doesn't have a page. :(:) ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D that really made me laugh..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Betty, it was the internationally famous singer Bubbler Ranx. No point looking on Wiki, he doesn't have a page. :(:) ;)

Thanks Jimmy.. I honestly didn't know who was singing on it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bubbler Ranx on the original, then re-recorded a version with Shaggy.

Edit: ooh found it on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVKJgwB5fg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bubbler Ranx on the original, then re-recorded a version with Shaggy.

Edit: ooh found it on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVKJgwB5fg

Thanks for link .. But will give it a miss
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for link .. But will give it a miss

I love you guys.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well it fits that Pete would think he is. He has such a bizarre musical frame of ref, it's hard to believe he's actually in the music business. Like some throwback but not to the good stuff.

I remember him saying (when he was promoting his last album) that he didn't really listen to other contemporary artists...

I guess cos his sound is so special that he didn't want to risk it becoming contaminated with an influence that might have given him a chart hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love you guys.:D

Thank you ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it fits that Pete would think he is. He has such a bizarre musical frame of ref, it's hard to believe he's actually in the music business. Like some throwback but not to the good stuff.

I remember him saying (when he was promoting his last album) that he didn't really listen to other contemporary artists...

I guess cos his sound is so special that he didn't want to risk it becoming contaminated with an influence that might have given him a chart hit.

I remember that too. Surely it's simple maths that if you want to make successful pop music...you have to have an idea of what is currently popular? Yes, Peter and his songwriting team scored a hit with MG but since then PA gives me the impression that he loves performing,loves to think of himself as an artist...yet don't really some to give a shiney one about actual music that much???