Could Nokia Be Looking At Android?

SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gizmodo UK ran a story about a (now deleted) LinkedIn advert posted by Nokia looking for a Principal Software Engineer, Embedded Linux Middleware. The story was also picked up by Android Authority & Phandroid.

What do you think, are Nokia looking to release an Android phone?

Would you be interested in an Android powered Nokia?

IMO, I think that Android could be what Nokia needs to get back as a big player in the smartphone market.

I've not used a Windows Phone so can't comment on how good or bad it is, I just get the impression that it's two years too late to make an impact now.

One way for it to become really successful would be if it could dominate the business market, fully and seamlessly integrate with Office and Outlook would mean that businesses would consider it as a platform for them.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia have dug themselves too big a hole to climb out of now tbh. When they chose Microsoft, they virtually chained themselves to that company. Microsoft has invested in them and is basing the success of Windows Phone around Nokia built flagships, giving them the most promotion and special treatment over the other OEMs. Microsoft isn't stupid and would not just let Nokia run to a competitor like that.

If anything that job opening must be about MeeGo which is also Linux based.

Nokia already made it quite clear that they deliberately did not choose Android. Personally I think that was a major mistake, but they've chosen their path with the struggling Windows Phone while Android continues to grow and reap in profits year on year. It's not like Nokia did not have a choice....just saying. :)