Full monty restrictions

PdhigginPdhiggin Posts: 20
Forum Member
Hi,
I've heard bits about t-mobile's full monty having a speed cap. Is that any tariff branded as full monty? How can they differentiate between that and any other tariff? Is it just after a certain amount of data used?
Thanks in advance. Answers appreciated as seen a good deal on a sim only.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Full Monty tariff is speed restricted at all times. Currently the limit is 4Mb/s download (in practice, more like 5 in my experience) and 1Mb/s upload.

These restrictions weren't in place when I started my contract, so be aware that T-Mobile can change it whenever they wish.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Full Monty (any plan with unlimited internet) has the following restrictions.

-4mbps download and 1mbps upload speed cap at all times
    -Tethering not allowed
    -P2P throttled between 8am and 8pm

It's a very good deal at £16pm if you're a heavy user and don't care about the speed caps or restriction on tethering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only £16 per month now? I thought I was getting a good deal at £21 per month SIM only. :cry:
    Forum Member
    It's only £16 per month now? I thought I was getting a good deal at £21 per month SIM only. :cry:

Limited time offer.

If you ring up retentions they were giving away the deal for £11pm to some existing customers recently.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At 21 pounds a month it's not really cheap you might as well pay the 4 extra pounds and get the one plan as then you don't get capped and you get no restrictions on tethering and three uses same masts so coverage will eventually be the same.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Full Monty (any plan with unlimited internet) has the following restrictions.

-4mbps download and 1mbps upload speed cap at all times
    -Tethering not allowed
    -P2P throttled between 8am and 8pm

It's a very good deal at £16pm if you're a heavy user and don't care about the speed caps or restriction on tethering.

I tether all the time and I am on Full Monty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »

Yeah, me too. The contract prohibits it but they don't actively block it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    At 21 pounds a month it's not really cheap you might as well pay the 4 extra pounds and get the one plan as then you don't get capped and you get no restrictions on tethering and three uses same masts so coverage will eventually be the same.

I know, I know. At the time the 'offer' was £21 a month reduced from £31 for SIM only. I was torn between T-Mobile and Three. I didn't even need the One Plan really and it would have been cheaper to go with Three (about £16 a month I think). I wanted the security of the combined Orange/T-Mobile network and 2G fallback. But there's been so much network disruption and poor service that I'll probably switch to Three in November anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I know. At the time the 'offer' was £21 a month reduced from £31 for SIM only. I was torn between T-Mobile and Three. I didn't even need the One Plan really and it would have been cheaper to go with Three (about £16 a month I think). I wanted the security of the combined Orange/T-Mobile network and 2G fallback. But there's been so much network disruption and poor service that I'll probably switch to Three in November anyway.

Totally agree. I stupidly left three in March and am heading straight back in March. What was I thinking?
  • PdhigginPdhiggin Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Hmm it was for the 2g fallback I was thinking of leaving three for tmobile. What do people do without it? It panics me not having signal!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pdhiggin wrote: »
    Hmm it was for the 2g fallback I was thinking of leaving three for tmobile. What do people do without it? It panics me not having signal!

Don't do it is my advice. Dropped calls, slow Internet, no
    Internet. Stay with three.
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »

Notice how i worded it.

I said "Tethering not allowed" rather than "Tethering blocked".

According to the T&C tethering is not allowed and T-Mobile can cut you off for doing it.

In real life there are conflicting reports with some being allowed to tether and others being blocked. Those on the legacy Full Monty plan from when it first launched are still officially allowed to tether.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a rant at Tmobile because of the crap data speeds, no data throughput despite full signal, and the mast being on the roof literally a few metres above me (I live on the top floor) and also crap data speeds in Manchester City Centre

the upshot is I got £10 per month off my full monty so I only pay £26 a month, but they removed the speed cap and I can tether too

if you find the speeds poor (I was getting 0.02 in Manc city centre) it's worth complaining to Level 2/CEO office
  • Mr MotMr Mot Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I recently paid my way out of the FM plan and moved over to three.

It's not very full monty having limited speeds.

Before anyone says it, the local EE mast at work is fed with ADSL and used heavily during work hours.
    With three I can happily stream from my plex server all day long - hence the need for speed.