Is C4 show Richard III The king in the car park legit?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am sure this documentary is a comedy really as in the trailer one of the scientists looks a lot like an actor who is on Horrible Histories but I don't know what his name is.

Or is it just me?

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I spotted the 'scientist' off of those wonders shows on top of the pops. It's all fake!
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its a "legit" programme :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the story is true but I don't think the documentary is real.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure this documentary is a comedy really as in the trailer one of the scientists looks a lot like an actor who is on Horrible Histories but I don't know what his name is.

Or is it just me?

Simon Farmby from horrible histories is in the programme but he is not playing one of the scientists he is the Presenter of the Show. The show is legit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be Simon Farmby from Horrible Histories he is presentor/narrator not one of the scientists. The show is legit.

Oh that makes sense then, I thought the woman at the start of the trailer was supposed to be the presenter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drinD2oc6Gk

My bad :p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Legit! Big news in Leicester
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that makes sense then, I thought the woman at the start of the trailer was supposed to be the presenter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drinD2oc6Gk

My bad :p.

Hi. That is Phillipa Langley and she is a member of the Richard III Society.
    This is such exciting news, Richard III is my favourite English Monarch and I do hope the remains are his. ( I am sure they are). The programme is also showing the facial reconstruction of the skeleton.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi. That is Phillipa Langley and she is a member of the Richard III Society.
    This is such exciting news, Richard III is my favourite English Monarch and I do hope the remains are his. ( I am sure they are). The programme is also showing the facial reconstruction of the skeleton.

I also love the much maligned Richard 3 - have you read Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey? Probably out of print now but I would strongly recommend it!
  • NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    I also love the much maligned Richard 3 - have you read Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey? Probably out of print now but I would strongly recommend it!

Richard III fans have finally found each other :)

I've read the book. Very convincing....Henry VII much likelier to have murdered twins in the Tower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Third Ricardian checking in!
    Really looking forward to this program, Richard is much loved in York and that says a great deal to me. Big fan of the Tey book and on a lighter note you can't beat We Speak No Treason. I wonder what his face will be like?
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Third Ricardian checking in!
    Really looking forward to this program, Richard is much loved in York and that says a great deal to me. Big fan of the Tey book and on a lighter note you can't beat We Speak No Treason. I wonder what his face will be like?

We already know ;

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7zUhBC0N-f0/TxSWzLx1h7I/AAAAAAAAJn0/wPtimpZTV3s/s1600/theatre-of-blood7.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've read the book. Very convincing....Henry VII much likelier to have murdered twins in the Tower.

Re read Tey's book just recently..excellent stuff.
    Sunne in Splendour is also an excellent fiction and a barn storming read.
    For me, Margaret Beaufort is up for the murder of the boys.;)
  • Friday's childFriday's child Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Currently reading 'The Sunne in Splendour' for the fifth or sixth time (the kindle version is only 0.74p at the moment, bargain!). I tend to swither between Tudor and Buckingham as responsible for the boys' deaths but on the whole think Henry Tudor more likely to be guilty.

Didn't know about this but have now set up the sky box for it - and also for 'Fact or Fiction: Richard III' on More4 on Sat 2nd February at 8pm. So thanks to the OP for the heads-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is going to be an announcement by the team who have been working on the remains at 10 o'clock Monday 4th feb. I think the BBC are going to have a live stream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Currently reading 'The Sunne in Splendour' for the fifth or sixth time (the kindle version is only 0.74p at the moment, bargain!). I tend to swither between Tudor and Buckingham as responsible for the boys' deaths but on the whole think Henry Tudor more likely to be guilty.

Didn't know about this but have now set up the sky box for it - and also for 'Fact or Fiction: Richard III' on More4 on Sat 2nd February at 8pm. So thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

Looking forward to the documentary, but didn't spot the one on More4! Theres also a drama straight afterwards, Princes In The Tower, which might be worth a look!
  • airliebird58airliebird58 Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »

You can still get the book, my daughter bought me a copy for Xmas a couple of years ago. I first read it many years ago when at school, and it fostered a lifelong interest in King Richard. :-)
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Richard 'fan'. Thanks for the heads up about the programme on Saturday. Really hoping that the press conference is going to confirm its Richard.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Re read Tey's book just recently..excellent stuff.
    Sunne in Splendour is also an excellent fiction and a barn storming read.
    For me, Margaret Beaufort is up for the murder of the boys.;)

The Duke of Buckingham is my #1 suspect
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great isn't it? I have been convinced that Henry VII murdered the princes in the tower (not twins) since I was in my teens and that's a long time ago. Daughter of Time by Tey was the book that sparked off my interest in all this.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    it's lovely to see so many Richard supporters here!! i too think he was much maligned, and is STILL very loved in the north, white roses are place at Barnard Castle each year....damn tudor propagandarists!
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy burying the King of England in a car park you would have thought they would have chosen a cathedral.

Nearly as bad as building Windsor Castle right on the Heathrow flightpath.

:)