The MacDonald Brothers Fan Thread

RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have looked on some of the pages and can't find one.

So here's for all The MacDonald Brothers fans (Are there any out there? :eek: !!)

Anyway i think they are brilliant. They aren't the best singer and i know they have no chance of ever winning but watching the judges faces as they go through everyweek is hilarious.

I really feel sorry for them when they get slated every week so they get my vote.

Go on The MacDonald Brothers!!! :D:D:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri - you are a wild woman, you really are! :D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote:
    kyri - you are a wild woman, you really are! :D
    I am a guy. But don't worry i have a girley name. People often make that mistake :)

:D:D

Come join me Zip Gypsy and us two together shall bring the MacDonalds to the X Factor finals :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote:
    I am a guy. But don't worry i have a girley name. People often make that mistake :)

:D:D

Come join me Zip Gypsy and us two together shall bring the MacDonalds to the X Factor finals :D

Oh!!! PMSL :o:D

I shall neva eva surrenda to the nonsense that is the Maccy D's.

No, nay never, I say. :p
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will join you:D but Eton Road are still my favourites. I really like the McDonalds, I really feel for them too when Simon says their performances are 'insane' when they're nothing of the sort. I'll vote for them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a poll to see how many of the 'joiners' are Scottish? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote:
    Well i'm not Scottish. So there's one non-Scot.

Let's say when you join the fanclub you must state if you are Scottish or not. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote:
    I will join you:D but Eton Road are still my favourites. I really like the McDonalds, I really feel for them too when Simon says their performances are 'insane' when they're nothing of the sort. I'll vote for them!

Its funny when the Maccy D's get through and Louis does that - :eek: face :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicoleee wrote:
    Its funny when the Maccy D's get through and Louis does that - :eek: face :D
    I know even their own mentor doesn't have faith in them :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is one and only one situation in which I would vote for the MacDs - if Simon Cowell makes a plea to Scotland to stop voting for them. ;)
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Posts: 7,260
    Forum Member
    Add me to the fanclub and i'm Scottish by the way :D l also like Eton road as well and Nikkita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the fanclub and i'm Scottish by the way :D l also like Eton road as well and Nikkita.
    Yes- 3 members so far - this club seems popular :o

ZipGypsy is on the fence. But sooner or later they will come to the light side :D
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Posts: 7,260
    Forum Member
    The more the merrier! let's keep this thread running :D

What l would love to see is the faves..ie.. Ben & Leona toppled by the underdogs the MacDonalds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more the merrier! let's keep this thread running :D

What l would love to see is the faves..ie.. Ben & Leona toppled by the underdogs the MacDonalds.
    It will never happen but we need faith my fellow MaccyD fans :D
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote:
    Hate to say it Zip but I am liking these boys more each week and one of the reasons is because I know the show is doing its utmost to get rid of them and it isnt working. With Louis picking bad songs and the stylists giving them the worst outfits and then the rules being changed last night to get rid of two acts its a miracle they are still there. Putting them on between the two favourites and once again having them perform first out of Louis two acts were all part of a process that was unfavourable to them.
    Seeing both Cowell and Walsh's looks of shock as they avoid the bottom each week is also delighting me and the MacDonalds seem overjoyed when their name is announced. There are a few acts that should leave before them in my opinion and I would love Simon to lose a couple before the MacDonalds go anywhere. :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote:
    Hate to say it Zip but I am liking these boys more each week and one of the reasons is because I know the show is doing its utmost to get rid of them and it isnt working. With Louis picking bad songs and the stylists giving them the worst outfits and then the rules being changed last night to get rid of two acts its a miracle they are still there. Putting them on between the two favourites and once again having them perform first out of Louis two acts were all part of a process that was unfavourable to them.
    Seeing both Cowell and Walsh's looks of shock as they avoid the bottom each week is also delighting me and the MacDonalds seem overjoyed when their name is announced. There are a few acts that should leave before them in my opinion and I would love Simon to lose a couple before the MacDonalds go anywhere. :D;)

Arty - can't disagree with anything you've said here. Spot on, as usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote:
    Yes- 3 members so far - this club seems popular :o

ZipGypsy is on the fence. But sooner or later they will come to the light side :D

I never sit on the fence...it gives you a sore a***. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously....if I had any advice for the boys (and they seem like nice boys), I would do traditional stuff (which they can't in themed weeks). Some Corries and maybe some Irish stuff would be nice.

Brian Kennedy does a gorgeous version of Wild Mountain Thyme...the boys would perhaps be more credible with something like that. But then, that's not quite the X Factor though, is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote:
    I never sit on the fence...it gives you a sore a***. :eek:
    Hahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I join, im a non-Scot too!! I really like these lads and I thought they did a fantastic job this week! Why would they be in the final 12 if they werent the greatest singers, and why haven't they gone home?? I'll tell you why because they can sing and when they get it right its fab!!

They had great harmony yesterday, they are no worse than Ray or Ashley, but because Ray has a 'beeming smile' and Ashley is 'outspoken' then they aren't classed as stars and people will forget them......pllllleeeaasseee!!

Come on people lets keep saving the MacDonalds!!!!
  • mpnormpnor Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Count me in - though I've never voted for anyone on X factor yet - but last night the MacDonald Bros were great
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im in...........I thought that they were good last night.......and the icing on the cake was that Simons wee stunt to get them out blew up in his face....well Mrs O's actually :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thinking that Louis will have them perform as early as possible again next week in an effort to favour his other act - Eton Road. As the number of acts dwindle the votes now become more important. As soon as they are in the bottom two they are gone.
    There are some audio clips of the MacDonald Brothers on this link that people might find entertaining.
    http://hireaband.co.uk/index/the-macdonald-brothers
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I don't think they'll win, I do hope they'll stay for a few more weeks. They've been slated week by week by Simon, yet they still seem to have a really positive attitude - unlike most of the other cry babies in the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people have supported them this far as they havent even been in the bottom two yet and the COnways and Chico were in almost ever week!! Then there is chance that they could stay this week!! If its between the MacD's and Ashley though I really hope Sharon pics the MacD's but I doubt it!!!
    Thats why we need to keep voting peeps!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClareB wrote:
    While I don't think they'll win, I do hope they'll stay for a few more weeks. They've been slated week by week by Simon, yet they still seem to have a really positive attitude - unlike most of the other cry babies in the show.
    Yes their attitude has been very positive in the face of such criticism. I think the younger MacDonald brother, Brian, with the black hair has the best voice of the two and its a pity its all Theme Weeks this year which limits the sort of harmonies that the boys would really excel in.
This discussion has been closed.