Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ;):D when jimmy dies DS will go into meltdown with the stuff that will cum out. :D

And the tabloids will have a field day!
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the "pleasure" of her company in the mid 90s and I would just like to say that whatever vile nasty things has been said on here are too mild...... triple it and add an extra dollop of sheer shiteness on top and you have the "national treasure" that is Babs Windsor. Oh and that advert....... dressed as my personal heroine, she ought to be slung in the tower for that alone. I simply cannot bear her, I'd sooner sit next to Cilla Black for a 100 transatlantic flights than suffer one second in Baps Windsor's company again.

I'll tell you who was a gent as well, Sir Bobby Robson, another one who was grounded and true to himself. Shame same can't be said of Bryan Robson.......

My oh met her years ago when she appeared at Butlins. All the staff said how much of a diva she was, and this was years before Eastenders. Her vile treatment to her assistants and dressers, and her foul mouth was very much in contrast to her "cheeky cockney sparrah" persona.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Thompson charming friendly and chatty. Felidia law(emmas mum likewise). George cole lovely. Mcfly lovely. Myelene klass lovely. Matt willis lovely. Minnie Driver lovely. Holly willowtree ....ok. Her husband....rude horror.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makara80 wrote: »
    No surprises here but one of my friends worked as a set designer on crap sitcom 'My Family'...

He said that Robert Lindsey was rude and arrogant whilst Zoe Wanamaker was lovely.

Have to admit that I've never heard a good thing about Robert!

I've met Robert Lindsey 3 times, and he has always been really pleasent, took photo's each time and had a chat
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on a phone in feature on Jo Whiley's radio show a few years ago. I was quite surprised, because I thought I wouldnt speak to her until I was actually on the air, but she very briefly said hello just before the feature started, and seemed nice enough. :)

Other than that, I have no experience. My sister met Faye Tozer many a year ago during the time when Steps were massive, and said she was lovely and squeezed and rubbed her hands because it was so cold outside the venue. :)

Im also surprised nobody has mentioned Tess Daly on here yet. I recall a similar thread a few months back, and there wasnt a nice thing to say about her on here! :eek:
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,847
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    monalisa - Lily Rose did not say that all men are perfect, you however did say that "most men" would behave in the same way that Lee Ryan is alleged to have. I don't believe that any of the men I know would do anything of the sort and suggesting that the majority would is plain insulting.

there's probably 20% good men in the world and the rest are horrid :( fair enough they might not say/do what Lee did but the majority of blokes (espicially young ones) don't care what they do(and thats purley a guess if your nice then i didn't mean you weren't :p)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Here's the Cilla thread:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

She sounds dreadful from that!

I did meet Darren Day once too but he wasn't a very happy bunny, in fairness he was about to go into an education class for people who'd drunk driven who were in the same office as me.

All the staff there said he was nice though, which under the circumstances is good.

I also bumped into Richard Wilson in Marks and Sparks a few weeks back. I recognised him but just thought he bore a bit of a resemblance as I couldn't think what he would be doing 'ooop north' where I am. He was chatting to a man outside and when I looked at him again after he came in he really scowled at me. Turns out he was directing a play at our local theatre.

I don't know if he was really grumpy though, maybe after all the years of playing Victor Meldrew his face is just like that!

Love that cabin crew link!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well im 22 but there can be some blokes who just dont care what they say. so every single bloke you've met have proper g/f's and respect them?

Of course there ARE men that are total pigs. I will never deny that. Just like I will never believe that all women are innocent angels. But what you said was far too broad a generalisation. I know we can all say stupid things in the heat of the moment when we're thinking about something that's pissed us off but you do have to try to be careful with wording such things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's probably 20% good men in the world and the rest are horrid :( fair enough they might not say/do what Lee did but the majority of blokes (espicially young ones) don't care what they do(and thats purley a guess if your nice then i didn't mean you weren't :p)

Again - I think you must have just had one bad experience too many because I really do not think that you can generalise like that.

I've come across men behaving like complete arsehole's too but you won't get very far in life if you tar so many people with the same brush.

And I see you are quite young still, so hopefully you will have some more positive experiences soon which might open your mind a little. :)
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd like to think I was nice :) I'm female btw - maybe I'm just lucky in the men I have met. I cannot deny that there are some real sh*ts out there and I have come across a couple, but I don't think they outnumber the OK ones and thankfully I had no reason to keep them in my life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting in a MASSIVE 'Truly Nice Bloke' compliment for Simon King, formerly of Springwatch and Autumnwatch. What a brilliantly lovely man, always has a smile and time for fans. Comforted me when I got a bit upset at him leaving Spring/Autumnwatch.

Also, I'd put former Children's Laureate and author Jacqueline Wilson into the 'lovely-to-meet' category. I gave her a note at a book signing in my home town, and a couple of weeks later, received a handwritten postcard from her. A true star who always has time for her fans!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so sad that you feel 80% of men are terrible, you must have met some real horrors:(

Mona, the majority of men are nice - they are human beings, the same as we are - I think your experience of men is fairly limited and the ones you have come into contact with have all been immature tossers.

Haha, now who's generalising?:D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    My oh met her years ago when she appeared at Butlins. All the staff said how much of a diva she was, and this was years before Eastenders. Her vile treatment to her assistants and dressers, and her foul mouth was very much in contrast to her "cheeky cockney sparrah" persona.

Not met Babs myself, but a friend of mine worked for T4 back in the days Dermot O'Leary presented, and Babs was a guest, have to say he didn't have bad word to say about her, she was, according to him lovely, very friendly, couldn't have been nicer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add. Melanie C. You cant meet a nicer person. Seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Robin Williams, Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp always come up top on the nicest celebs.
    I've never seen a bad word written about them from either fans or journalists alike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way...has anybody ever met Sean Connery?
    He doesn't strike me as a nice person at all.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laska wrote: »

I haven't. But I have a vague recollection of him espousing views during interviews which I find fairly abhorrant - wasn't there something about giving your wife the odd slap being normal and nothing to make a big fuss about? Ah, google is your friend - direct quote (taken 'out of context' according to Mr Connery):
    "Sometimes there are women who take it to the wire. That's what they are looking for - the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack."

There's also something which hints at huge arrogance, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did turn out to be a bit of a git in real life.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm really sorry you feel like this:(
    I have to say that the majority of men I know and have known are good, decent blokes.
    I think men get tarred with a very broad brush nowadays and shouldn't all be judged on the actions of a few; there are just as many awful women out there as there are men, imo.
    I really hope you meet some good guys in the near future and are able to feel differently:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    Actually you're right... I now remember she did have a potty mouth that would make a seasoned sailor blush. She sat in the f/c lounge calling a number of people c***ts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laska wrote: »

I did a meet and greet with him in 2001. He was actually fine, not grumpy, just wanted to get from plane to plane as quickly as possible as he had a tight deadline. He still managed to sign a few people's autographs and said thank you. I was given the impression he does not suffer fools gladly though and he that he could be a grumpy old man, but he seemed fine... older than I expected.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends got an upgrade to first class and wished they hadnt as they had to listen to and watch Ulrika order the cabin crew about whilst her kids caused mayhem. Met Biggins in house of Fraser. We were waiting at the till and as I recognised him I just said hello. He was lovely. Was buying gifts for crew on dancing on ice tour. Spending well into 3 figures
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    ;):D when jimmy dies DS will go into meltdown with the stuff that will cum out. :D

There was a thread on here a few years ago, my eyes smarted at what I read. :eek: :eek:

That thread was duly deleted, not surprisingly, as the old geezer is still breathing.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    There was a thread on here a few years ago, my eyes smarted at what I read. :eek: :eek:

That thread was duly deleted, not surprisingly, as the old geezer is still breathing.

Well, he's 84 at the end of the month, so we may not have too long to wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he's 84 at the end of the month, so we may not have too long to wait.

Nah, the devil looks after his own...... :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    I think men get tarred with a very broad brush nowadays and shouldn't all be judged on the actions of a few

I also think the way the media portrays men is absolutely abhorrent. They go out of their way to send out the message that men are either snivelling idiots who cower in terror at the smart, sassy woman (read: smug bitches) or that men are "bad boys" (read: total gits) who are just being "lads" and treating women badly is the norm. There is no sensible inbetween. Over the last decade, the media have successfully stripped the white British male of any ounce of dignity.

So even from that alone I can see, in a way, why Mona thinks the way she does. The press influences the majority of us in one way or another with most things whether we want to admit to it or not. :mad: