Rita Ora - when will she stop stalking Rihanna and copying her?!

Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've always thought Rita Ora was similar to Rihanna, but recently it seems she's ramped up her efforts to copy Rihanna....

Here she is stalking all the same outfits....and then again at the EMA awards this year. Her debut album is full of copycat songs written by all the exact same writers and producers as Rihanna, and when she couldn't get hold of a Calvin Harris song she lied and pretended Call My Name was for her but she "rejected it" because she wanted to "do her own thing"...how ironic...

I think it's getting pathetic and she needs to get her own style. Her level of copying Rihanna has become scary now, to a point where it could even be argued that the only reason she is successful is because she has copied all the same tricks from Rihanna....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can thank Jay-Z for that one. That's their common thread, although Rihanna was never signed to Roc Nation. Rita is a......swagger jagger. Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never realised how much she copied her.. shocking :eek:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is like a Rihanna/Jessie J hybrid.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    You can thank Jay-Z for that one. That's their common thread, although Rihanna was never signed to Roc Nation. Rita is a......swagger jagger. Lol

But does Jay-Z really decide everything right down to the clothes she wears...??? She's been spotted wearing the same clothes as her on over 5 occasions and that's before considering the music...

I know Jay-Z has a 'type' of artist that he likes to sign, but my goodness this girl is just too similar to Rihanna in too many ways for it to be a coincidence or because they are on the same label...
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personality wise I like her much more than Rihanna. She seems more laid back and doesn't take herself too seriously. It's a shame if Jay-Z/his label or she herself is hung up on emulating her as she seems very different as a person.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Wow I never noticed how much she actuallu has copied her.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Stalking? ... They're friends ... People need to give Rita a break, she's trying her hardest in the business to be the best she can be, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as well btw...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stalking? ... They're friends ... People need to give Rita a break, she's trying her hardest in the business to be the best she can be, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as well btw...

There's a big difference between imitation and blatant copying...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I think Rita's 'people' are paying More magazine a lot of money because she's featured in the magazine about 3-4 times every week. I might stop buying it, can't stand Rita. She seems to lack identity, style wise she tries to copy Rihanna and Gwen Stefani. Musically, she's all over the place. 'How we do' is so generic and awful.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personality wise I like her much more than Rihanna. She seems more laid back and doesn't take herself too seriously. It's a shame if Jay-Z/his label or she herself is hung up on emulating her as she seems very different as a person.

I find Rita really big headed to be honest. She has a very high opinion of herself which given she is the biggest pop clone that currently exists I find it rather rich of her to think this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Rita really big headed to be honest. She has a very high opinion of herself which given she is the biggest pop clone that currently exists I find it rather rich of her to think this.

I didn't think she was to be honest until the whole Calvin Harris thing when she tried to make out that the only reason Cheryl got the song was because it wasn't good enough for herself. Yet her debut single was a song rejected by Rihanna....she seems to think she is more famous than she is, but it's all this copycat stuff that I find is the most bizarre from her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This effects your life how?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    This effects your life how?

Lmao that comment is completely irrelevant. Nothing I'm commenting on in this entire site affects my life at all, I was just pointing out how desperate Rita Ora has been looking lately...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    How exactly do we know that Rita is copying Rhianna?

It could be the other way around...
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't take her seriously after the whole "Call My Name" fiasco.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always stood out as a desperate wannabe for me.
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    She always stood out as a desperate wannabe for me.

This. Plus, her music is getting worse and worse (if it was ever good); her latest song sounds like "wig on, wig on, we shine" which amuses me :cool: but seriously say what you like about Rihanna at least she's original.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    I think Rita's 'people' are paying More magazine a lot of money because she's featured in the magazine about 3-4 times every week. I might stop buying it, can't stand Rita. She seems to lack identity, style wise she tries to copy Rihanna and Gwen Stefani. Musically, she's all over the place. 'How we do' is so generic and awful.

It really is a terrible song. The lyrics "you make me wanna get that drunk sex feeling" are beyond awful:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Actually Rita had the blonde red lipstick look first, check out drakes "over" video. If your going about copying style wise well i think all stars hijack one another. Personality wise Rita is more warmer and not a wannabe gangster.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree Rita ora has yet to be bashed by a bf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is like a Rihanna/Jessie J hybrid.

I have always said she's Jessie J without the fringe. If Jessie J got her wish and could make a baby with Rihanna, Rita ora would be born.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please. Rihanna has worn THOUSANDS of different outfits in public over her career. The chances of Rita Ora wearing one or two similar ones are always going to be high.

If she was wearing the exact same outfits only a week or two after Rihanna, I could understand the issue, but those pictures of Rihanna are ancient. Just shut up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Oh please. Rihanna has worn THOUSANDS of different outfits in public over her career. The chances of Rita Ora wearing one or two similar ones are always going to be high.

If she was wearing the exact same outfits only a week or two after Rihanna, I could understand the issue, but those pictures of Rihanna are ancient. Just shut up.

Nobody is going to be stupid enough to do that, not even Rita Ora. The article clearly states she was wearing all those copycat outfits just months after Rihanna, the fact that you are being defensive and telling me to "shut up" (which I won't btw :)) suggests that even you realise this is an issue.....she needs to get her own style.
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    Actually Rita had the blonde red lipstick look first.

It's Gwen Stefani who Rita copies that from, not Rihanna (like many things). I agree that Rihanna was after Rita in terms of red lips, blonde hair. Rita is very open about copying her 'idol' Gwen, but since she has been criticised for copying Rihanna she hasn't really said anything on that.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »
    I disagree Rita ora has yet to be bashed by a bf

Please don't joke about something like that

It's not nice