Britney's ballads

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member
I have been listening to In The Zone today and although was never too keen on it back in 2003 it does hold two of Britneys best ballads. Everytime being the obvious1 but also Shadow. Such a choon. Love revisitting an album n liking a song I wasnt fussed with before

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Everytime and Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman are among her best songs imo
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Is Sometimes considered a ballad? I loved that song back in the day I remember buying both it and Shanks & BIgfoots "Sweet like Chocolate" on cassette the same week lol

Ahhh cassettes.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It always makes me sad listening to her old ballads like FTBOMBH and Where Are You Now as I wish she'd never lost the ability to belt like she used to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow has got to be my fave ballad it was a fave from the first time i heard it :)
    Everytime is a classic

THIS THOUGH how this never made any of her previous albums is beyond me i absolutely LOVE IT
    "everyday" not sure what era it`s from? Femme Fatale?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0s2VfWR9Ro

one day i hope for an album of unreleased songs from her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read this topic title as Britney's balls.

lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    "Every time" is the only Britney ballad i can just about take seriously
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Yeah a think tht was recorded during Femme Fatale sessions. The girl can actually sing when u take away all the technology n sit her at a piano.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah a think tht was recorded during Femme Fatale sessions. The girl can actually sing when u take away all the technology n sit her at a piano.

OMGZ DONT TURN DIS IN2 A GAGS FRED.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Britney's ballads, shame she doesn't release more of them nowadays.

Everytime & I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman are my favourite ballads from her.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not really a ballad, but I really like Why Should I Be Sad and the lyrics, I think she sounds quite vulnerable in that song. But obviously she is a terrible vocalist so her ballads were never going to be anything special.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough Shadow is my least favourite song from ITZ. I just can't get into it at all. In The Zone is a good album though and I really wish Britney made another one like it.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Was Born To Change Your Nappy is my fav
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born to make you happy
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vocally I think Britney's best ballad has got to be 'Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know'' but my favourite is the haunting 'Everytime'.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason 'When I Found You' has been going round in my head today.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime is the best thing Britney has ever done. It's just so raw and sincere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a Girl..........Was a great song to bad the same cant be said for the accompanied movie! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was always a sucker for a Britney ballad. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know was my favourite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Born to make you happy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Everytime. Wasn't too keen on Not a Girl though.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy a good ballad and Brtiney has a fair few my personal favourites are:

Everytime
    Born To Make You Happy
    Sometimes
    Unusual You
    Criminal
    Out From Under
    When Your Eyes Say It
    I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman
    Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
    I Run Away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Aw yeah i forgot about I Run Away. I quite liked You Got It All now I think about it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Britney's ballads. It's like other popstars. I love ballads from Madonna, Rihanna, Pink and think they are some of them best throughout all their recordings, but it's the upbeat songs that happen to be their best remembered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to Everytime on the way home from school today for the first time in a while. Such a flawless song. Very haunting and raw. You can tell Britney wrote it.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of her ballads and quite surprised not to see He About To Lose Me mentioned here. Definitely one of my favourites from Femme Fatale.

I really like the ballads from Oops - When I Found You, When Your Eyes Say It, Girl In The Mirror and Heart in particular.

A lot of her unreleased ballads really good. State of Grace, Let Go, Everyday and Baby Boy are ones that spring to mind.