Celebrities who look much older than they claim to be

Comments

• WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I think that's a bit of an exaggeration! His beard is rather ageing, but he doesn't look 50!

And Jared Leto is a poor comparison because he looks especially young for his age. He's barely changed since My So Called Life. Looking at his mum at the Oscars, good genes seem to run in his family.

His brother too. I couldn't believe it when he referred to him as older. They both look younger.

Michael Fassbender does not look like he was born in 77 at all, but he wears his older looks well I think. It adds character.
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessica wright (towie) shes been claiming to be 24 since the show started 3/4 yrs ago.
    katie price (all those procedures have ruined her looks.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie J Robb from Emmerdale looks much older than 39 imo

She looked in her 30's when she was in Dream Team (Sky One) back in 2000/01
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    jessica wright (towie) shes been claiming to be 24 since the show started 3/4 yrs ago.
    katie price (all those procedures have ruined her looks.

Jess said she's 28 in a recent episode.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dara Ó Briain is 42, looks to be 52.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »

No she hasn't, she referred to herself as being 28 in last week's episode.
  • tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    when I see pictures of Nicole with Lewis Hamilton I always think they look more like mother and son, though he is actually 29 now.

Totally agree with this. I always think exactly the same thing. I absolutely cannot see these two as a couple. It freaks me out.

Sue Barker has looked about 102 since 1990.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked to find out Tania Bryer is only 51. :eek: I seriously thought she was about 58 AT LEAST. :eek:

Maybe early 60s.

She's infamous for flashing her ageing legs on Sky News.

A serious case of mutton dressed as lamb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie J Robb from Emmerdale looks much older than 39 imo

She looked in her 30's when she was in Dream Team (Sky One) back in 2000/01

Staying with Emerdale, I was gobsmacked to learn Charlie Hardwick who plays Val Pollard is ONLY 52.:o:o

I would have seriously put her down as 65.:o:o
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I think Nicole's suspect too, she's allegedly 35, which would put her at 26 when the Pussycat Dolls launched i 2005...personally I think she was 30 then!

Looks like a bag whatever age she is.
    Forum Member
    UKNikey wrote: »
    LOL that was a little harsh. I know she's done the Gladiators but really! On a side note there's some issues I fear of a lotta gin'n'bitter lemon drinkers commenting on some stunning ladies such as the truly amazeballs Fergie. :p

The 'truly amazeballs Fergie'? Dear soul, the most recent pictures of her, apparently after yet another diet, make her look about 69. I couldn't believe it. Same thing happened to Nigel Lawson after he went on a diet and lost a few stones - Lord, did he age. As for Ulrika, I'm afraid that skinny, bony look does nothing for me. Still, it must be a real pain for women to be judged on their looks.
    Forum Member
    RyJa wrote: »
    But Samantha Brick is just sooooooooo beautiful ;)

. . . or so she keeps telling us.
    Forum Member
    Just watching W1A on iPlayer and Carol Vorderman turns up. Thinking that she was looking rather old (the wrinkled skin under her neck was the shocker), I looker up her birthday - December 24, 1960. That would make her 53. Don't want to be a bitch, but - I don't think so, no. Never. Not in a million years. At least early 60s (it's the skin and face generally).
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    The 'truly amazeballs Fergie'? Dear soul, the most recent pictures of her, apparently after yet another diet, make her look about 69. I couldn't believe it. Same thing happened to Nigel Lawson after he went on a diet and lost a few stones - Lord, did he age. As for Ulrika, I'm afraid that skinny, bony look does nothing for me. Still, it must be a real pain for women to be judged on their looks.

I think you're thinking of Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson.

AFAIK, the poster was talking about Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. I wouldn't call her "truly amazeballs" personally (primarily, because I don't think anyone should ever use the word amazeballs).
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Lots of people look older than their years - myself included. Max von Sydow was around 43 when he filmed the Exorcist and he played the older priest. He looked in his 60s at least.

On the other hand, there are lots of showbiz types who don't get their big break until their 30s and, knowing how careers can fizzle out as you age, they might say they were 25 rather than 30 odds if only to not get cast aside later. Actresses especially complain about there not being good roles for older women so seem very aware of their age. Not all, of course, but definitely a high percentage. Another thing is that the roles these actresses get as breakthroughs might be playing a teenager in a slasher movie or something similar so they might think they've a better chance of getting the role if they can pull off being 24 rather than 34.
    Forum Member
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I think you're thinking of Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson.

AFAIK, the poster was talking about Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. I wouldn't call her "truly amazeballs" personally (primarily, because I don't think anyone should ever use the word amazeballs).

Yes, that would make sense.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that the Showbiz section of The Daily Mirror put Paloma Faith's age in quotes, ha ha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching comedian David Schneider on Sky News and thought I'd Google his age.

I always thought he was about 60.

SHOCK! He's only 50. :eek: Surely that cannot be right. I think someone's telling porkies there.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams looks fat and old these days. I was shocked he was only 40.

Peter Andre's face is ageing badly, possibly due to weight loss its gone a bit saggy looking. He looks a lot older than his years.

Ulrika Jonsson looks ancient.

Mel Gibson looks 20 years older than his true age these days.

Sarah Ferguson looks terrible for her age.

A lot of the women on Towie look years older than they claim, especially Frankie Essex and Jess Wright.

Victoria Beckham's face is starting to age badly too, IMO.

Pippa Middleton has an 'old' face.

Prince Edward and Prince Charles both look years older than their true age.

Courtney Stodden claims to be 19 years old but looks about 35.
    Kate *loud mouth* Hopkins claims she is 38
    *spits out coffee* :o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Robbie Williams looks fat and old these days. I was shocked he was only 40.

Peter Andre's face is ageing badly, possibly due to weight loss its gone a bit saggy looking. He looks a lot older than his years.

Ulrika Jonsson looks ancient.

Mel Gibson looks 20 years older than his true age these days.

Sarah Ferguson looks terrible for her age.

A lot of the women on Towie look years older than they claim, especially Frankie Essex and Jess Wright.

Victoria Beckham's face is starting to age badly too, IMO.

Pippa Middleton has an 'old' face.

Prince Edward and Prince Charles both look years older than their true age.

Courtney Stodden claims to be 19 years old but looks about 35.

I agree.

Robbie Williams looks about 50.

Not sure about Peter Andre. But

Ulrika Jonsson looks about 75.

Mel Gibson's skin is awful. He looks about 70.

Not seen Sarah Ferguson for ages.

Most of the Towie people look over 40.

Not sure about Victoria Beckham.

Pippa Middleton looks about 45.

Not seen Prince Edward for ages, but Prince Charles does look older than his mother.

Courtney Stodden, yeah, she looks at least 35 like you say.

And Katie Hopkins has to be 60 AT LEAST.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I saw that the Showbiz section of The Daily Mirror put Paloma Faith's age in quotes, ha ha!

:D

I absolutely refuse to believe she's just a couple of years older than me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »

Katie Hopkins claiming she's 38 is as rubbish as anything else the gob on legs has ever said. She looks closer to 68!!!
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince Edward, now 50:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2576792/The-Queen-Prince-Phillip-arrive-prince-Edwards-50th-birthday.html

If he still had hair he'd look younger than 50 I think :)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I learned earlier that former kids' TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips is 49. Perhaps I just overestimate a lot of people's ages but I always thought that he was about 40 when he was presenting the like of Get Your Own Back in the mid 90s!
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Whilst she's undeniably attractive (in a high fashion, ultra skinny way) she sometimes looks like a well groomed lady in her mid to late forties. She has gorgeous brown eyes and dimples when she deems to smile, but the frozen, over stylized look does add years.

Agree. I think being very skinny has aged Victoria Beckham.

Chelsea Handler, always assumed she was in her mid 40s. Shocked she's only 39.:o